Top 3 things you want included

broxen

Re: Top 3 things you want included

Postby broxen » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:06 am

Correct me if I am wrong Consultant, but I believe I heard him say in one of the longer walkthrough videos that he doesn't like the idea of lvl caps. So perhaps there will be a never increasing lvl cap. Which I think would rule, personally. Imagine being a lvl 100.
The hard part about having no level cap is generating or autogenerating content for increasing levels of players. Having something of an end game provides an easy deployment target for content.
-Broxen

Dying Breath

Postby Dying Breath » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:01 am

I find the worst part of unlimited levels is meaningful progression. A lot of games get around that by being gear-based: just slap some bigger affixes on stuff and call it a day; or sometimes you have to buy more powerful versions of the skills you already learned: expert fireball does 10d6 damage, but master fireball does 12d6. I preferred CoH where powers that you learned at level 1 were still useful, and in some cases essential, for your entire career. True, gear such as we had did get progressively better as you leveled up, but previous generation end-game rewards (like HO's) did not become obsolete with Incarnate levels. I am conveniently ignoring Titan enhancements here, because they really should have been removed.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:30 am

I find the worst part of unlimited levels is meaningful progression.
Agreed. Kill things to become stronger so you can kill differently coloured things to become stronger so you can kill...

Adding levels doesn't really add anything to the game that replaying an alt doesn't. I liked the incarnate progression system for the most part. Yes, it added power, but it mostly added even more ways of customising your character - and really customisation, making your character uniquely, truly yours is for me what I loved about CoH.

For me endgame should be about ways to tweak your character.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

broxen

Postby broxen » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:23 pm

I find the worst part of unlimited levels is meaningful progression.
Agreed. Kill things to become stronger so you can kill differently coloured things to become stronger so you can kill...

Adding levels doesn't really add anything to the game that replaying an alt doesn't. I liked the incarnate progression system for the most part. Yes, it added power, but it mostly added even more ways of customising your character - and really customisation, making your character uniquely, truly yours is for me what I loved about CoH.

For me endgame should be about ways to tweak your character.
I agree with all of this and I'd take it further by saying that giving your players meaningful decisions in play is what the whole game should be about.

Leveling just to squash different colored bad guys doesn't provide that, but opening up new methods for defining your characters, or new tactics, new types of baddies to fight with new strategies, etc definitely provides unique decision points. I feel that along with that comes a natural feeling of "growth" and "power"
-Broxen

Codex

Postby Codex » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:26 pm

I loved the way the IO system worked. It really gave me a chance to fine tune my powers and trying to get the IOs was a lot of fun.

It sounds like the incarnate system may have been similar but I took a break so never experienced that.
aka Backer 68

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:03 pm

I hold my head down saying ... i to did not experience the incarnate system i did take a brake to play with my wife on EQ2 , so i know nothing about it ...but i do know that these DEV's are listening to the player and i have confidence they will have a grate system installed when they evaluate all the forum posters suggestions...so kept it up
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Codex

Postby Codex » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:50 am

I just thought of this - if the game is going to start off with 20 levels, there should be some sort of mission like Frostfire from CoH as a "raid" or "end game" at that level. This was the first mission where I felt like a superhero because we fought and defeated a boss and his entire gang.

What made this mission fun was that it was long and there are so many ways to die. Fighting from floor to floor made it really seem like a mission and it helped us learn game tactics - pulling around corners, don't AoE as a first attack from range, trust each teammate to do their job, etc. At this level, a tank couldn't run in and punch a mob in the face to get their attention. And the ice in the final room made movement have to be taken into account. So much fun...
aka Backer 68

Mister Nice Guy

Postby Mister Nice Guy » Wed May 03, 2017 5:38 pm

Well if I have to prioritize... (which is of course a very good idea when you're trying to make an alpha & beta - soo) what the heck :lol:

1. Costumes - (easily!) spent 20% of my whole game time in the character creator.
2. Powers - (might actually) have spent about 20% of my game time here too. :lol:
3. Cool animations for powers (gun-fu!!!!!!!!! and fire/electric armor etc.)

We can even skip xp and go straight to level 20 (or higher) at alpha for all I care, since xp/level cap(or no cap?)/mechanics(balancing) etc. etc. will all (most likely) be subject to change anyway.

POSSUMNUTS

Postby POSSUMNUTS » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:23 pm

Stalkers, super strength and invulnerability

StNicky

Postby StNicky » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:00 pm

1. Street level stuff to be dynamic, Example, in Coh you would have gangs, or villain groups that would just spawn and stand around. I would like for a more dynamic experience, where if after a period of time their presence can set up a chain of events, (similar to invasion / or Halloween) where you could have a gang war break out, with massive mobs. Or summoning of a Monster or Death Machine. Also give reason to take on street crimes, like attacking a small mob might bring in reinforcements with a Boss/Super Villain or something special, like a mission drop, that is exclusive to fighting them on the street.

2. A separate Speed power: Not just super speed as travel power, but with offensive and defensive attacks. For a true Quicksilver/ Flash character.

3. Character creator to have a full variety of body size and shapes, Not every hero or villain needs to have a wash board stomach. The more versatile the character creator the better. It was one of the best things about Coh is the absolute diversity of Characters. Most other games are very limited in comparison. I still enjoy using the Coh character creator just for the fun of designing new heroes.

Fikule

Postby Fikule » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:03 pm

1. Combat to be fun enough that I would log in to fight crime, even if there were no loot or levels

2. Freedom in what I do. Street crime, solo missions, group missions, etc. I shouldn't feel pressured into something for the sake of progress. Sandbox and dynamic events are a lot more enticing than the pressures of a linear storyline you MUST COMPLETE OR YOU CAN'T ADVANCE NOW COLLECT 8 VILLAIN CAPES!

3. Scaling content. If I only have 2 friends online, there should be something challenging that we can do as 3 people without needing to search for more. Same for solo, or 2, 5, 6, etc. (although, while I accept a lot of people probably like the idea of "raids", I never felt an army of 40 heroes was all that heroic. You certainly get lost in the crowd for someone who, by definition, should stand out.)

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:48 pm

1. Uber Stealth
2. The ability to be out of phase of weapons for a short time. (5 minutes?)
3. No incarnate system if it is like COH it was waaaaaaaaay too slow.
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Van Allen

Postby Van Allen » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:58 pm

I'll have to say NO on the end game for what i look forward to is the Story and learning to play my toon , helping others and younger players, and yes development of the toon look .
END game promotes get in, and finish, lvl as fast as you can ..... well if you want that .... well .... where is the mystery of exploration and adventure.
This. Well said Eulb, my new best friend. "It's the journey, not the destination."

Personally,
1. (Quality) Story Arcs. Content basically. The higher the level the better, not just bland 'Go. Kill. Return.' Rewards help (badges, capes, etc ...;
2. Synergy within the power Sets. Ex: Trick Arrow/ Archery (CoH) "Glue arrow" AoE would slow down the targets' running away then "Oil Slick" ignites them, Fire DoT + the Oil's Knock Up. First the trap then the damage;
3. Communication among players. Communication is key. A mere pre-written response is limited to get a point across. On that note, no repetitive spamming.
What Are Dominators. "Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

TJPet2

Postby TJPet2 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:31 pm

If the maker is going to copy and paste features already on coh/cov into soh, then i will only think up things that coh doesn't have!

1. non-combat gameplay: sure the game will mostly be about being a super hero and saving the day, or being a villian and destorying livelihoods, but i thought, would it be interesting to have features that doesnt' involve combat but just create a normal character and focus on everything else, like gathering, exploring, crafting, part time jobs, managing currency, etc. kind of simular to archeage, or on ffxiv where you can play the gathering and crafting class. not sure how but would be fun to play a character that isn't a hero but yet still making a huge difference XD

2. Mounts : for characters who don't have super powers of flight or super speed, maybe perfer to ride a beast or ride a machine :D

3. Housing instance; like wildstar, everyone have their own home and can invite others, as well as being able to craft items to add to the home

jedite1000

Postby jedite1000 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:26 am

Content creator
Character creator with robust customization, more so than CO
Good endgame content that is not just about raiding and being the very best

Return to “Polling Discussion”