Top 3 things you want included

SupaFreak

Re: Top 3 things you want included

Postby SupaFreak » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:01 pm

Some have mentioned "the ability for each AT to be able to solo" - which leads me to another thing I really miss about CoH - the ability to do "all tanker / all defender / etc TFs" I hate "the trinity" concept.

MikaMerrow

Postby MikaMerrow » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:47 pm

3 things hmm? Well...

1> Customization: I don't just want to be able to make a stick-figure or fat person... I want things rarely seen in an MMO. Monster parts, wings, unusual hands... clothing variety based on appeal (including "risque" but not X-rated).
2> Powersets you can customize. I have character ideas that use wind and water, and would like to have them together. Maybe powers can be altered to look like you're firing water or wind.
3> Ability to solo missions. What if you can't find a hero to help you? Missions should only stack if you have multiple partners, and no more ratios. Most movies have the "attack one at a time approach." Make that more often, 1=1, especially for the glass cannons.

On the first want... if I can make THIS I'm sold:
http://www.immortalmusic.net/Demi%20SC1.jpg

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:24 pm

lets see,

things I wanted back in CoH days mostly having to do with super symbols.

The ability to make your super symbol or super-group symbol smaller and to move it over to the top left of your costume. polo shirt style. or have your super-group symbol in the top left of your uniform while keeping your normal Symbol front and center or vice versa.

The ability to place a super symbol or Super-group symbol on your cape.

The ability to have your super symbol placed all over your costume at different angles and locations. Think 'The Riddler'.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Shezkah

Postby Shezkah » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:31 am

1) Ability to use equipment you like the look of regardless of level (kills so many games when you're forced to change to a different look at certain levels, especially when you end up looking like everyone else at that level).

2) Full control of chat options - which chats you want open and closed at any time, turn strangers chatting with you on and off, etc. Also in this category has to be a local area chat option for any heroes working together temporarily on a nest or hoarde / boss area.

3) Wide range preferred but mostly just at least some completely not standard hero equipment and clothing options. One of the things I liked best about CoH was that it acknowledged that you're a super being so you can fight aliens in a sun hat and shorts wielding a frozen fish if you want to.
For Pony!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:26 pm

Shezkah, I think you're going like how SoH turns out.

Equipment has no impact on appearance. Appearance is something you control. You want to add a piece of crafted equipment to your kit because it gives you a power you need -- do it. It has no impact on your appearance. Want to upgrade your stats with augments? Do it, and it has no impact on appearance. Every character can be unique.

You'll have control of chat options, at least as I understand the idea you are presenting.

As for costumes, we not only have an assortment of completely different stuff, we are making more all of the time. Spandex? You got it. Futuristic super armor? Check. Medieval Chinese Warrior gear? It's in. Fighting in civvies? No problem. And we allow you to mix and match pieces, and color them as you want.

Ravynwynd

Postby Ravynwynd » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:46 am

1) Layered Costume Slots (Example: Torso Base Layer (bikini), Torso Middle Layer (tank top), Torso Top Layer (dress shirt opened), Torso Upper Layer (suspenders), Jacket Layer (self-explanatory).

2) Fun Crafting (Like Everquest 2; it's done like a mini game, giving equipment the potential for better perks, and success rates, etc.)

3) Lore Discoveries (a chain of lore pieces to create a lore chapter).

Shezkah

Postby Shezkah » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:08 am

Shezkah, I think you're going like how SoH turns out.

Equipment has no impact on appearance. Appearance is something you control. You want to add a piece of crafted equipment to your kit because it gives you a power you need -- do it. It has no impact on your appearance. Want to upgrade your stats with augments? Do it, and it has no impact on appearance. Every character can be unique.

You'll have control of chat options, at least as I understand the idea you are presenting.

As for costumes, we not only have an assortment of completely different stuff, we are making more all of the time. Spandex? You got it. Futuristic super armor? Check. Medieval Chinese Warrior gear? It's in. Fighting in civvies? No problem. And we allow you to mix and match pieces, and color them as you want.
I figured this was probably the case, just had to add my top three in there.

You guys have done a tremendous job and keep doing one. So excited for the Beta!
For Pony!

Odee

Postby Odee » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:42 pm

1. A great community, like we had with City of Heroes
2. edited out por moi
3. Crafting things into useable items, and being able to trade these items to players, or via an Auction House.
4. Player made Missions, like we had with Architect Entertainment in COH.

Okay, oaky, okay... I made four. :oops:
Last edited by Odee on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:35 am

Number 2 on your list is an issue. I'd like to ask you to pause for a moment and consider just the animations. Suppose you've got the ability to shoot lasers from your eyes. Probably we would animate that with the character standing, feet to the sides, looking straight forward, slightly bent forward at the waist, and head pushed slightly forward (a common position for this power).

Now you want lasers to come from the palm for example. We need new animations, and possibly new animation timing for setup, casting and recovery. And the player is not likely standing differently with the casting elbow forward, perhaps with the knees flexed, with his fist pulled to his chest so the elbow is forward...

It's a completely different animation. And even the FX is different -- one beam for the elbow and two for the eyes.

Which means it is a completely different power, because the animation is about 70% of the work for each power. The FX is easier, and the effort to adjust the timing between animation and the FX are significant as well.

But you wanted this laser power to come from eyes, fist, chest, elbows, and palms. That is about the same effort (if it is going to look good, at least) as five separate powers. Which is why you don't see this in games so much. Players opt for games with laser from the eyes, cast magic from the hands, spiking assault from the elbows, melee chest butt from the chest...etc. They want five powers from all of that effort, not one power from five body locations.

Does that make sense?

On a related issue, do you have a screenshot or picture of something like a Tesla gun firing? We do take advice from the community of the appearance of the powers and FX. :)

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:53 am

Number 2 on your list is an issue. I'd like to ask you to pause for a moment and consider just the animations. Suppose you've got the ability to shoot lasers from your eyes. Probably we would animate that with the character standing, feet to the sides, looking straight forward, slightly bent forward at the waist, and head pushed slightly forward (a common position for this power).

Now you want lasers to come from the palm for example. We need new animations, and possibly new animation timing for setup, casting and recovery. And the player is not likely standing differently with the casting elbow forward, perhaps with the knees flexed, with his fist pulled to his chest so the elbow is forward...

It's a completely different animation. And even the FX is different -- one beam for the elbow and two for the eyes.

Which means it is a completely different power, because the animation is about 70% of the work for each power. The FX is easier, and the effort to adjust the timing between animation and the FX are significant as well.

But you wanted this laser power to come from eyes, fist, chest, elbows, and palms. That is about the same effort (if it is going to look good, at least) as five separate powers. Which is why you don't see this in games so much. Players opt for games with laser from the eyes, cast magic from the hands, spiking assault from the elbows, melee chest butt from the chest...etc. They want five powers from all of that effort, not one power from five body locations.

Does that make sense?

On a related issue, do you have a screenshot or picture of something like a Tesla gun firing? We do take advice from the community of the appearance of the powers and FX. :)
I have nothing to offer for that technical part but I wanted to say that I understand from a player side where that wish comes from and I understand of course your arguments as well, so maybe the question should not be if that can be part of the initial game (which is as you explained just not realistic) but if you would consider something like that for an update somewhere in the future at all - I am pretty sure Odee and everyone else having thoughts that are not doable without putting too much effort and time loss into the work, would not mind waiting for an idea :).
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Odee

Postby Odee » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:57 am

Number 2 on your list is an issue. I'd like to ask you to pause for a moment and consider just the animations. Suppose you've got the ability to shoot lasers from your eyes. Probably we would animate that with the character standing, feet to the sides, looking straight forward, slightly bent forward at the waist, and head pushed slightly forward (a common position for this power)...

...Does that make sense?

Absolutely makes sense, and I withdraw it in favor of Staff/Spear for Melee I can see a Pin to Win where a Spear or Staff knocks the target down, or roots them briefly.

The Tesla Gun, i'm thinking about, would be similar to the Beam Rifle in CoH. Paragon Chat has the animations for it under Blasters/Beam Rifle.

On YouTube, it looks similar to the Electric Blast you currently have. https://youtu.be/q53W7hLsWAI

Regardless, my money is on SoH, simply because all I have seen and heard so far, point at it being the de facto spiritual successor to CoH
👍👍
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

LittleMissNutmeg

Postby LittleMissNutmeg » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:40 pm

I wanted to weigh in here, because there was something that other MMOs fail to do that I would like to see above all else.

I am sorry that I write so much!

1). Player choice. I would like to see a system (though definately something best done post launch) for either reputation (where a player earns rewards from certain factions, i.e. Basic Gang Mobs become friendly after doing missions) or karma (i.e. saving / robbing a bank).

2). The ability to scale the difficulty (and rewards received) in-game. I dislike mentioning other franchises, but i feel that a scaling system for mobs, tuned to a player's difficulty level (while instanced and PvE only, perhaps?) can help players who are struggling with the difficulty, without sacrificing the challenge (and rewards) that interest them.
Taken from CoH for example, where you as a player could have enemies scaled in two ways, level and quantity. If you want the game to be a little easier, you can easily set your level to -1 and 1x as many enemies. Alternatively, if you were a powerhouse and you knew it, you could amp the difficulty up to four levels (+4) higher than you and up to a full team's worth of enemies (8x)!
I understand that not everyone likes the challenges, but this way, player reward can be scaled, even indefinitely to reach long-term goals that could be released to allow players to progress in power and scale (if that's a direction the game chooses to go).

3). Spaces for Roleplay. I am a roleplayer. I love to log in with my friends and to create lasting stories through play. Chat systems that vary by type (i.e. a 'say' channel, that broadcasts in a small ,believable area around the player and an 'emote' channel that does the same) in order to allow for not only dancing and silly emotes, but custom written ones, as well. This includes, as I've seen mentioned once or twice before, places 'to' roleplay. Areas of maps where you won't find hostile mobs, so that players can stop and just chat, like a community dance club (Pocket D, anyone?) or similar areas. I've seen it before and I am a fan of this waterfront idea, where there's good space to hold costume contests and for people who are interested in roleplay to participate.
"Live life with a little spice!"

LaughingLandry

Postby LaughingLandry » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:57 am

#1. I want the devs to do their best to keep fun positive gameplay first in their development and future expansion of the game.

I believe they have done a great job so far so I just want them to keep that mentality throughout the games lifespan. They should have time to play their own game before they work on pushing out the next update. (This next part is only a suggestion) And everyone new that they add to their team should have experience playing it so they understand how this mmo functions and is different from other mmos.

#2. I want the community to allow the devs to make slow progress and mistakes and support them through it after launch.

They are a small team making a small game. I don’t think anyone should expect Ship of Heroes to launch at the same content level as COH Issue 23 nor that it should hurry up and add all this stuff super fast. I want us to take our time and appreciate the content we Do have and really dive Into it so we can give really constructive input to the devs for further improvements.

#3. I want the community to stand by and defend the SHIP from negative outsiders.
This game is clearly gonna be in contrast to A LOT of other current and upcoming mmos out there. I mean a game set in the future on a spaceship with super heroes actually being true super heroes and working together to always save the day? We are gonna have a huge target on our backs from people who don’t think it will work. And then the game will be subscription based at launch? People will think we are 3 pancakes short of a full stack at ihop. So I want the small but mighty community of ship of heroes to defend our game and stick by it during its development. Not allowing negativity to grab a foothold on our ship and to not allow it to go on unchallenged.

This is the most important to me. I’m 100% behind this game and I literally don’t even have a computer or laptop to play it on if it were to launch tomorrow and not sure if I’ll have one by it’s launch. And I want it to stay around long enough for me to play it myself with you all. I believe in this game and Heroic Games and I just want it to have the best chance to survive in this current mmo world long enough for me to enjoy it first and and not live vicariously through other people’s gameplay videos like I do now with other mmos

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:21 am

Well said

There are several members of the forums here that find good deals on computers and computer equipment constantly gladdog for one. If you know what you’re looking for right it down
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

SR20Slider

Postby SR20Slider » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:47 pm

One thing I would love to see, is an experience bar similar to CoX.
It was such a small thing that I absolutely loved. With the 10 "bubbles" to level up. It always seemed like you were gaining so fast because the bar was always moving so much. Especially in the mid levels once the ability to level up started to slow down. I like still being able to see that bar Jump by 1/4 or a 1/2 from the mission completion bonus. As opposed to the typical xp bar that you dont really notice its movement.

Especially when you only have time for a mission or 2. It really made it seem like you were getting more done simply because the bar could move so much.

Return to “Polling Discussion”