Postby Fugtruck » Thu May 31, 2018 1:27 pm

1) Ability to play on a Mac

2) See #1

3) See #2

Gerald_Deemer

Re: Top 3 things you want included

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:35 am

1. Exploring
Not just running from point A to point B and fight some enemies. Exploring is fun but this would require a huge world like a planet or even a whole solar system. Of course there should be a reason to explore meaning players should be able to find dungeons, caves, secrets and NPCs just by exploring. This would result in new missions, new lore and so on.

2. Travelling freedom
As the setting of Ship of Heroes is set on a huge space ship there has to be a possibility to leave it, so players can travel to other places like planets, other ships, asteroids and so on. Give them a warp room, a small transporter ship or let them fly by thier own but I think you should be able to go everywhere at anytime.

3. Ingame sequences
If you do a story alone or as a team there is nothing cooler than presenting the character(s) in a short sequence. People will spend hours in the character editor and I`m sure they will create fantastic characters and designs. So let´s present and acknowledge them, maybe with some close shots to show the details as you won`t be able to see them during combat action. (GTA Online did a great job there)
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:04 am

1) Ability to play on a Mac

2) See #1

3) See #2
This is not on the dev team's radar. At all. Porting a game to MAC is no small feat, and requires developers that know MAC programming protocols. Every programmer on the dev team is a Windows guy,

Also, Apple just announced the requirement that any program made for MAC needs to be submitted to them for approval, reinstating something they dropped years ago. What place on their priority list is a niche game by an indy studio going to be? I understand why they are doing it, but that is going to put up a huge speedbump to an indy studio planning on making MAC games.

Along with a few other changes, such as no longer supporting Vulcan and OpenGL, means they have pretty much announced they are no longer supporting mainstream PC style gaming. Except on their own archaic platform, Metal, which really means that a game is going to be on Windows or on MAC. Very few studios are going to make for both. And, the PC gaming crowd is substantially bigger than the MAC gaming crowd. Unless Apple starts footing the bill for MAC conversions, I doubt you will see one in ten higher end indy games for niche products being made for MAC. Indy developers will still make browser based games for the MAC, but they will release long after the PC version since they require approval.

Here is an article about Apple dropping OpenGL support.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/06/06/appl ... -to-leave/

After these announcements, City of Titans will likely drop their plans for an MAC port. UE4 is very friendly to porting OpenGL and Vulkan based games to other platforms, but I have no idea if they have Metal support. I have not seen a word about this.

************************* ADDED AS AN EDIT ************************

Never say never. While the chances are quite slim they will make a MAC client, if the game is successful enough and there is enough demand, who knows what may happen? But right now I would plan on using a dual boot system.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

POD

Postby POD » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:34 pm

1. I want to see strictly enforced protection for the young kids who will be playing this game from foul mouthed abuse. When it comes down to it, you cant tell people they will get banned for abusing player and then ignore it when it happens. Although consul gamers are told its against the rules to dish out abuse, it happens all the time and game monitors just dont do enough to deter people.

2. I loved the badge hunting in CoH so I hope the same sort of thing exists in SoH.

3. I want to be able to log on and play for short periods of time and still progress, I dont want my progress to be halted because a 4 hour long mission needs to be done before I can progress.

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:19 am

bases
sk/exemp
CUSTOMIZABLE PETS
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Major Victory

Postby Major Victory » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:25 pm

1. I want to see strictly enforced protection for the young kids who will be playing this game from foul mouthed abuse. When it comes down to it, you cant tell people they will get banned for abusing player and then ignore it when it happens. Although consul gamers are told its against the rules to dish out abuse, it happens all the time and game monitors just dont do enough to deter people.

2. I loved the badge hunting in CoH so I hope the same sort of thing exists in SoH.

3. I want to be able to log on and play for short periods of time and still progress, I dont want my progress to be halted because a 4 hour long mission needs to be done before I can progress.

Number 1 is hard to do. It requires someone on the developer side to constantly be in the game 24/7. If they have the people that can do that, I would love to see it enforced as well.
DCU Online has a profanity filer, which should be in this game too, but folks can easily get around it substituting certain letters with something else or with spacing of the foul words or something else.
You can also block receiving messages from specific characters, especially those spamming messages about getting 10 million gold in-game for $10 if you go to their websites. They get knocked out and just make a new character and do it again and again - frustrating since you need to know and track their home addresses, emails and credit cards in order to totally block those folks and that is time consuming.
As players, we can send a message about the abuse, we can take screen shots and include them in the message or send an email showing the foul language in the dialog box but if the bans are not enforced, it is a wasted and frustrating effort.

Also loved badge hunting. Wasn't so far into it that I had to have everyone of them but I liked to get at least 2/3s of them.

I want to be able to fly in space - explore the outer hull of the ship. Maybe fight off some biological or mechanical parasites that are infesting the hull. Maybe go mine water off some comets to help provide water for the ship that might be low of such due to some kind of sabotage, would make a good special mission. Same for mining asteroids or protecting the miners while they do it.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:07 pm

I want to be able to fly in space - explore the outer hull of the ship. Maybe fight off some biological or mechanical parasites that are infesting the hull. Maybe go mine water off some comets to help provide water for the ship that might be low of such due to some kind of sabotage, would make a good special mission. Same for mining asteroids or protecting the miners while they do it.
This
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

slacktech

Postby slacktech » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:11 am

1 - A clear focus on casual play.
2 - Ability to solo.
3 - Easy to understand stats system.

Notes -

No. 1 - I'm not saying all content has to be written for casual play, but I loved that I could log into CoX and play for a bit and then deal with real life (as I didn't, and don't, have the luxury of ignoring it).

No. 2 - This is important to me because, being at the bottom of the planet (well, technically New Zealanders are further south, but you get the picture) I'd was playing in off-peak where you could shoot a gun down the street and not hit a single super-powered gang member.

No. 3 - I'm not a mathematics genius, or a member of the Illuminati, so I really like simple to understand stats and associated systems. I loved CoX's systems - the learning curve was very easy and allowed the player to concentrate on the fun of the game, not read for days on end and memorise technical data to progress with end-game content.

olepi

Postby olepi » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:32 am

1. Lots of various play modes -- I loved that in CoH you could just do a little "street sweeping" if you wanted to , or do a mission, or join a TF. This accommodates all kinds of play styles.

2. Difficulty/type slider -- Maybe I want an extra hard challenge, or maybe I don't. CoH had a difficulty slider that made this easy to choose. Maybe also add a "type" slider, so instead of a pure kill mission, I could get a puzzle mission, or a story line mission.

3. Sidekick/mentor system -- CoH had the best sidekick/mentoring system.

It goes without saying that there's going to be a great costume creator, beautiful and varied power sets, and a gorgeous environment to play in. :D
2019: 42 years on the Net.

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:49 am

1. Bases (SG)
2. Bases (personal)
3. Customizable Pets ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

SickBubblegum

Postby SickBubblegum » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:04 pm

Top three things I have always looked for in any mmorpg or hero type game are as follows:

1. High degree of 'skill' pools Eg. Base states, Skills which allow you to 'master' your skills and become more powerful by learning new ones. My best explanation is similar to Anarchy Onlines skill pool (over 83 skills) which allowed for the highest degree of 'twinking' compared to any game out there (not saying do the exact same thing) but it would be nice to achieve a stronger character through careful planning and calculation instead of 'Oh, I am level 20 now and I can put on level 20 gear form dungeons or drops'.

I just love the idea of stat stacking by obtaining high level buffs from other players to hot swap other gear on to further increase the power of your hero (adds more play time and enjoyment as its not an easy feat to do) this would be quite favorable as from what I have seen in many mmorpg as of late is people not enjoying the limited armor sets due to level caps etc.

2. Great customization for power sets, from what I have seen so far it looks really cool and would love to see a high degree of customization to really make that hero (or villain) of yours really YOURS without having everyone following simple cookie cutter 'best in slot' skills, its nice to see diversity in the world and to be recognized for creating new boundaries within the game which work.

3. Having a PVP system (I saw it was mentioned this is a back burner thing for duels so I thought i'd put this for 3.) which allows titles for your hero/villain to be displayed. These titles to be obtained through 'battle ground' type game play of capture the flag or zone capture. At the moment it is frustrating how some Korean MMORPG are limiting times in which players can enter 3v3 matches or large scale battle ground, it would be nice to have access to queue up whenever. Through this possibly have PVP orientated rewards eg. Exclusive armor sets which work for both PVP / PVE, cosmetic pieces which can be obtained for account wide to apply to your character, titles etc.

4. Mentor system. Would be great to have it so when you reach say level 20 you can start 'mentoring' other hero or villains that join, overtime creating a network under you and gaining notoriety as one of the 'top' mentors, depending on the numbers under you would result in your fellow heroes / villains gaining small intensives (titles etc.) /cosmetic rewards.

To sum it up, I would love to see this game thrive by having a stat system, large degree of customization and effects along with a strong PVP system (of course PVE raids are always nice too ;P ).
Last edited by SickBubblegum on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

brandoncomputer

Postby brandoncomputer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:58 pm

1. Unbelievable amounts of costumes and character customization at creation
2. Wide array of powers and powersets during gameplay, preferably able to be customized with a differing color pallete
3. Tons of character slots.

As a note, I love PVE and PUGs, so I'm taking these for granted that there will be a decent LFG system and we'll be able to fight computer baddies :)

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:27 am

1. Unbelievable amounts of costumes and character customization at creation
2. Wide array of powers and powersets during gameplay, preferably able to be customized with a differing color pallete
3. Tons of character slots.

As a note, I love PVE and PUGs, so I'm taking these for granted that there will be a decent LFG system and we'll be able to fight computer baddies :)
I am for that list too :D
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Cheesy

Postby Cheesy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:39 am

I'm after...

1. Hilarious rag doll physics that make you cry with laughter

2. The ability to make a completely bright yellow character

3. At least 50 character slots ( to help with the first week of play) :lol:
Unoriginal since 2005 (coh issue 5)...

Cheesy from Defiant.

Return to “Polling Discussion”