Top 3 things you want included

Warhead

Re: Top 3 things you want included

Postby Warhead » Thu May 03, 2018 12:39 pm

Bases and personal lairs as mentioned.

Power customization

Missions that have a logic puzzle requiring investigation once and a while instead of just fighting.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu May 03, 2018 12:44 pm

Missions that have a logic puzzle requiring investigation once and a while instead of just fighting.
I like that idea. make it interesting. have clues drop all through the mission and at the end you figure out a combination or location of a secret room something.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Thu May 03, 2018 12:46 pm

I like that idea. make it interesting. have clues drop all through the mission and at the end you figure out a combination or location of a secret room something.
Huh. Ok. I'll be off making coffee while someone else figures out the puzzles. I *hate* these things lol
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu May 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Huh. Ok. I'll be off making coffee while someone else figures out the puzzles. I *hate* these things lol
Perhaps we can have some sort of choice when you take the mission. or have it linked the difficulty scale.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Thu May 03, 2018 2:24 pm

Perhaps we can have some sort of choice when you take the mission. or have it linked the difficulty scale.
If you're in a team, as long as someone likes puzzles it doesn't really matter. Puzzles in a solo mission really annoy me because I'm not good at them and I end up having to mess about with google for hours. That was why I came to dislike The Secret World - too many *really* cryptic puzzles.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Actjcksn

Postby Actjcksn » Thu May 03, 2018 2:37 pm

1) Bases (Personal and Super Group preferred)
2) Customizable Power Optics
3) Variable types of missions other than kill everyone you encounter
3) Expect the Plan to go off the rails...
4) ...Throw away the Plan

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Thu May 03, 2018 7:54 pm

I really want to be able to turn down other player's visual effects. I will play a brawler and I do not want my character to be obscured by other players' powers.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Thu May 03, 2018 11:32 pm

Top 3 ... well ok ... ill have to do some thinking ....

1) - Personal Apartments --- or as some call it Base...
2) -- Scale Down or UP of your lvl to match who you team with
3) --- Turn off EXP gain ... so one won't lvl to fast ...

Well that's it for my top 3 ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Fri May 04, 2018 1:16 pm

My real answers would be
1) customizable MM/controller pets
2) player housing/sg bases
3) location teleporting powers - if anyone played UO, think marked runes, that you can specify where they go, and then use to teleport to later, or open a gate so your team can come too. These could easily be more sciencey than UOs magic, like a "you are here" map that you can select another location from and be warped to that location for a small amount of dust or some creative alternative.
(tldr; fast travel options)
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Fri May 04, 2018 10:22 pm

Indigowulf your words were ...
... 3) location teleportating powers - if anyone played UO, think marked runes, that you can specify where they go, and then use to teleport to later, or open a gate so your team can come too. These could easily be more sciencey than UOs magic, like a "you are here" map that you can select another location from and be warped to that location for a small amount of dust or some creative alternative.
(tldr; fast travel options)
when I first played COH and got to pick a travel power i picked TP because I thought that one could do exactly that pick a location on the map and tp there ... but alas ... " the best laid plans of mice and men ... oft go awry " and I rapidly found my self TP-ing a short distance and then falling ...
Yes you guessed it right into a group of bad-ees before my tp timed up so I could use it again...

I'm with you Lady ... HEY DEV's can we get " Select Point TP "

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sat May 05, 2018 5:41 am

That's a good question about "select a point" TP. We'll have to figure out the answer.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat May 05, 2018 9:49 am

IMO select point teleport power should be connected to the minimap. There should be a Teleport button that when pressed a shaded circle appears around you on the minimap. Click anywhere within the circle and you will teleport to that area - on the top of whatever geographical feature is present (ground, water tower, building, etc...) power should not be able to be used in a mission map, or to get inside anything on an outdoor map (forest maze in perez park - you should appear on top of the tree canopy not in the maze).

Phantom Mouse

Postby Phantom Mouse » Sat May 05, 2018 1:56 pm

I think that whatever method they use for teleportation, it should be able to be used in a mission map. It kind of removes functionality for getting away from bad situations, which other travel powers will be able to do.

Personally I enjoyed how it worked in CoX. If they can't go that route, then CO's method is a good compromise.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat May 05, 2018 3:14 pm

Normal teleportation for missions. The select a point teleport that was requested would be too powerful for missions. Being able to click and teleport to the end room is not a good idea for missions or tunnels etc.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Sun May 06, 2018 2:01 am

I was Further thinking on the ability to " Select a TP point " ...

this power might or could be earned by lvl'n or by making or buying a " aug" enhancements to increase the distance ...

so at first ... I think that the TP power for a lvl 1 toon could only goes in a " straight line of sight " and for only a certain distance ...

As the toon lvl's up and more enhancements slots come available ... the TP distance could be increased leading to the ... top lvl TP'n
this leads to the " Select a Point " destinations ...

I also think it can only work on the present map one is on ... and not for the whole ship ...

hopefully this would make the " TP Power " the best travel power in the game ...

Return to “Polling Discussion”