Top 3 things you want included

Kid Rad

Top 3 things you want included

Postby Kid Rad » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:38 am

What 3 things do you think are a must have for this game, in your personal opinion. Ignoring any aspects of microtransactions/subscription/funding in general.

For me it's:

1.) Customizable and changeable weapons
2.) Hunting/Gathering/Farming animals and plants, crafting these things into useable items, and being able to trade these items
3.) Missions that incorporate more than just fighting bad guys, some strategy or puzzles to them as well. I.e. scavenging the world for certain items, needing certain skill sets in a group to beat certain missions, etc.

So what are your 3 must haves for this game?

Codex

Re: Top 3 things you want included

Postby Codex » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:26 pm

For me, it is:

1. Classes that can solo

2. AV and TF type missions that have epic fights

3. Some type of end game content for nice rewards
aka Backer 68

Codex

Postby Codex » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:31 pm

One more thing I want to add is a great community. In CoH, I was on tons of PUGs where we would talk during the entire mission. That made the game so much more fun. In WoW, I would do instances where no one said a word to each other.
aka Backer 68

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:50 pm

1. Combat scaled to fight multiple enemies simultaneously.
3 minions == 1 Hero @ level 1 is one of the design decisions that made CoH what it was.

2. Tonnes of valid options for building characters.
Lots of different powers and enhancing choices that are all useful, even if via a difficulty slider.

3. Ability to play with friends, regardless of character levels.
This one's a gimme, but it had to be in my top 3.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Coyote

Postby Coyote » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:20 pm

1: Classes that play differently but, using different tactics, can all solo and also contribute to teams.

2: Monsters that spawn in groups, and that have different abilities so that a group composed of mobs of type C, C, and D will fight differently than a group composed of A, B, and B mobs (and this is within the same enemy group). Think of how Sappers, Sorcerors, Raider Engineers, etc, all affected fights. But those mobs were special because their special abilities were a little over the top... what we need instead is just having every single group have such mobs, but not necessarily where such mobs are so over the top as Sappers.

3: Power choice and build options, including enhancement groups if necessary, such that two different characters of the same powersets can be built to focus on completely different strengths, and play differently, based on power choices and slotting. An example would be a Dark Blast/Energy Blaster who builds for Recharge and uses Boost Range and cone attacks to be a ranged attacker, versus one who builds for S/L and Ranged Defense and plays as a Blapper.

Stagendo

Postby Stagendo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:15 am

I would like for the game to have a changeling style of game play setting in which you just take more damage so that people can play with each other but make it more difficult for them and not their teammates. Lots of power enhancement customisation. Maybe even some mobs that aren't on the ground some that fly around .

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:09 am

To me, the most important things are tools to help the community and the ability to solo as well as group up for a reasonable number of things.

So, essential, I think, are:
  • Effective guild tools, usable communications channels, an interface that we don't have to fight more than the mobs.
  • Each class should have the ability to solo effectively for those times when friends are busy doing other things.
  • A nice synergy between classes is good as well, make each class rewarding to play in a group... nobody wants to be a heal spambot.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:15 am

1) FUN!
2) THE TEMPEST LEGION TO REFORM!
3) MY STATUE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ZONE!

Seriously,

1) I want to feel like a superhero when I am playing. Maybe not at first, but assuredly by the time we hit level 10.

2) I want player housing, although I will be patient for that.

3) I want all of the naysayers about this game to tell us stalwarts about how tasty the crow is that they will be eating after the game releases and they are already working on their 2nd character. Perhaps we could have a crow eating badge for them? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_crow

IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:59 pm

well now 3 things i want hummmm.... let me see...

1 Play alpha / beta / and early release ... because I donated and paid a early subscription.

2 watch nah-sayers eat crow. ( good suggestion GladDog )

3 name plaque on the inside of the environmental wall on the first lvl apotheosis city ... port side.
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Dr_Supremacy

Postby Dr_Supremacy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:15 am

1. Dueling system: I made and ran a Super Group who's leadership and decisions were made by dueling, it was a fun system. Besides my desire to perhaps remake that Super Group, dueling is a great way to practice PvP and see how far along you've come in the grand scheme of things.

2. Meaningful Crafting: In a superhero game, crafting is often left to the interfaces of super computers or complex AI... but it's never really made crafting meaningful other than just something to do or help slightly. I want a crafting system that actually takes time to learn and master. In my mind, Final Fantasy 14 has the best crafting system ever concieved in gaming, and I'd love to see Ship of Heroes put in some effort in to making crafting feeling worthwhile

3. Super Group Base Invasions: This was, by far, the coolest function I ever encountered. When making your base, you wanted it to look Aesthetically pleasing, but you also had to have defense in mind. I would love these SG vs SG modes to be available.

Sherogath

Postby Sherogath » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:42 am

1. First and definitely foremost true endgame content that contained a well functioning PvP system with a ranking system that isn't broken or pointless and larger group content (yes raids) with awesome mechanics that can be repeated once a week. I know this is something alot of mmos try to avoid but it is what brings alot of players into the mmo king WoW. It's why I return again and again but if this game had a good raiding system with high end gear for being able to achieve boss kills I would never return to wow again.

2.Supergroups.....that is all

3. A group finder function. It doesnt have to be random just a way to que for something and be able to be picked up in a group now this brings up the argument of group vs solo content and should they contain the same rewards the truth is there is no right answer I have played many many mmos in an attempt to break away from WoW and they all struggle with this question

All in all I loved CoH and will gladly move my sub from WoW to SoH if the end game/group content is well developed imo it's what makes mmos so great

ScottJackson

Postby ScottJackson » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:48 am

Strong customization of characters - body sliders, costumes, power animations, and the ability for each character to follow a story path that is non-linear and diverse, making choices along the way. Supports replay/alting.

Flowing combat with powerful-feeling attacks, and a well-designed mix of reliable basic powers plus unique flavor to each powerset and class. Every primary and secondary powerset feels noticeably different when fighting, even within a particular class (motivate us to try every variety of scrapper, from Dark/Regen to MartialArts/Invuln!). Supports replay/alting.

Endgame character growth options (inventing enhancements that boost power and customize builds (as with CoH IOs), badges and accolades to earn, ability to go back and play any missed stories or repeat them, new abilities and pets (as with CoH Incarnate abilities)) and endgame diversity (Soloing, small teaming, teaming, raiding, PVPing, and frequent zone-wide events such as the CoH Rikti zone invasions where players of all levels can cooperate).

Design all three... and we get top-tier retention of players.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:47 pm

I'll have to say NO on the end game for what i look forward to is the Story and learning to play my toon , helping others
and younger players, and yes development of the toon look .

If your looking for end game you just want to get there , through any way and/or any cost , But its the journey that is the important part , and if SOH lvl's , expands and grows slowly then you have time to experience the journey with them with each new issue released.

END game promotes get in, and finish, lvl as fast as you can ..... well if you want that .... well .... where is the mystery of exploration and adventure.
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:28 am

PvP won't be introduced for a while. I am unsure if the game will release with dueling, but I think it is a back burner item. There will probably not be much, if any, end game content at release. Why? Because the level cap is starting at either 20 or 25. They had originally planned on a starting cap of 30, which would likely have included some raids similar to the Rikti War Zone raid. Since their planned level cap of 30 won't happen until their first major patch, that is when I expect to see any true endgame content. Will there be things for L20s to do? Yes, but I am not expecting any true raid content until the level cap is 30.

BTW, we don't know what their goal is for the final level cap; I would expect it will be in the 50-60 range. All they said is that they were planning on having a level cap of 30 at release.

I think they are going to wait for PvP until they introduce Controllers and Commanders to the game, so they see how the masses handle these ATs and won't be surprised if Commanders rule the PvP world. It will be a lot easier to make fun, competitive PvP if they see how all of the ATs perform in that capacity.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Kid Rad

Postby Kid Rad » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:23 pm

PvP won't be introduced for a while. I am unsure if the game will release with dueling, but I think it is a back burner item. There will probably not be much, if any, end game content at release. Why? Because the level cap is starting at either 20 or 25. They had originally planned on a starting cap of 30, which would likely have included some raids similar to the Rikti War Zone raid. Since their planned level cap of 30 won't happen until their first major patch, that is when I expect to see any true endgame content. Will there be things for L20s to do? Yes, but I am not expecting any true raid content until the level cap is 30.

BTW, we don't know what their goal is for the final level cap; I would expect it will be in the 50-60 range. All they said is that they were planning on having a level cap of 30 at release.

I think they are going to wait for PvP until they introduce Controllers and Commanders to the game, so they see how the masses handle these ATs and won't be surprised if Commanders rule the PvP world. It will be a lot easier to make fun, competitive PvP if they see how all of the ATs perform in that capacity.
Correct me if I am wrong Consultant, but I believe I heard him say in one of the longer walkthrough videos that he doesn't like the idea of lvl caps. So perhaps there will be a never increasing lvl cap. Which I think would rule, personally. Imagine being a lvl 100.

Return to “Polling Discussion”