What archetype will you build in the CCT Beta?

Parabola

Re: What archetype will you build in the CCT Beta?

Postby Parabola » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:20 am

The final form for Controllers is not yet determined. They may be like Controllers or Dominators. Or they may be Controllers with 2-3 ranged attacks in their primary set. One proposal I saw was to let the Controller take a Control primary and either a buff or a DPS secondary, in effect letting the player decide whether they want to be a Controller or Dominator.
I've no idea if this is a good idea or not but you could go another route by having blast secondarys with tweaked numbers that lowered the damage but boosted the debuff effects. If the control primarys are anything like CoH they will already be doing damage so then both powersets will be damaging to an extent and both will be manipulating the mobs. The player then has the choice to enhance damage or control/debuff on each power as they see fit.

It would split the difference a bit between a CoH controller and a dominator and leave the buff sets entirely to the defenders and devastators.

Novaterian

Postby Novaterian » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:24 am

Ill be going support for sure. Healing is my favorite thing to do in games, and the Nanobytes seemed like a fun power to try out.
I Shall shed my light over dark evil.
For the dark things cannot stand the light.
The light of the Green Lantern

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:07 am

One of the reasons for this poll question is to get the community thinking...if we all show up to the invasion test as tanks, that might not be the best possible raid. Although it would be reminisent of a Tanker Tuesday event.

I'm sure we'll have more discussion before the raid test starts, but we thought perhaps it could begin now.

Oh, and yes we do plan to have the Spear set out for the invasion test. Actually we plan to have a couple of new sets out for the test. But we don't like to promise specifc ones unless we are very certain.
don´t worry - no tank here :)
If I have to choose I will start with a Support character - if I don´t I will start with a support and a brawler (since my most favorite creation is a martial arts brawler) and go on with a blaster after that :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Roztheseeker

Postby Roztheseeker » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:31 am

Forever devastator. I tried all of the archetypes in CoH back in the day. They were by far my favorite. ICE/ICE FOREVER! 8-)

Von

Postby Von » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:47 am

Agree w/ Roztheseeker. DPS just seems to call to me. Of course, I plan on making an everything...but I mostly like to deal damage.
You can run, but you'll just die tired.

Kelvinkole

Postby Kelvinkole » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:51 pm

Tank or Support.

I always feel more valuable in one of these rolls. Chasing big damage numbers was never my thing. Saving somebody else's hide just provides a better shot of adrenaline for me.

Truehero

Postby Truehero » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:05 pm

I'll be making a TANK for the CCT Beta. Look forward to it!

Strife3

Postby Strife3 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:11 am

This is a no brainer.

I will be making a Tank. I like being in the middle of things and in DnD and even in WoW I have the heart of a Paladin. in city of Heroes a Fire/Fire tank

That won't change here.

Return to “Polling Discussion”