Which of the following features from the 2018 Holiday video...

Consultant

Re: Which of the following features from the 2018 Holiday video...

Postby Consultant » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:48 am

Yes, I've actually aaddressed the question of the combat stances and idle animations several times, but the fact that it keeps coming up just means we really need to work on it.

We are. :)

Major Victory

Postby Major Victory » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:45 am

"Godzilla!" pointing to the sky! :D

And that begs the question, if you can make giant monsters can you make size changing powers for heroes? Being 10' tall a hero could probably get through most buildings but being 25' they can't. But then being 60' tall outside to smash bad guys would be soooo cool!!!! 8-)

Then shrinking to sneak around the bad guys to do something like save the hostages while the other heroes distract them with a fight out front would also be great.

Also brings up the idea of individual and small groups of heroes being shrunk down to do a few adventures ala Fantastic Voyage. Either inside people or down in the smallest sewer or wiring pipes where some creatures need to be defeated or blockage removed.

And seeing a Raquel Welch look-alike swimming by in a scuba suit would be nice too.

Monsters

Monsters

Monsters

I was inquiring about non-human stuff months back, they implied animals & monsters may not be in the game for some time. A few months later, they give us werewolves and snow monsters :lol:

You really, really gotta love SoH. Compared to the other successors who get your hopes up and do not deliver, they get your hopes down & over-deliver :lol:

You guys are great, haha.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:43 am

I really like size changing options.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Major Victory

Postby Major Victory » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:33 pm

I see it as you go up in levels you gain access to more size changes. Bigger you get, the stronger you get. Smaller you get and you get weaker but have really really high dodging defensive bonuses and your secondary power set would wind up being your attack power - your Wasp Sting or Atom's and Ant-man's Punching with normal strength equivalents which does more than normal strength damage because it is all compacted into one very small area. Or you get a Grow Into Size Upper Cut Punch. Or something.

Big problem with this power set is it would have its own movement power ability. Shrink down and you have glide or flight ability - travel on the wind like the Atom or having short SuperLeap which would be leaping about six feet or so, travel on a dog or toy airplane like Doll Man did in a number of his stories in the 40s and 50s, or grow wings like the Wasp. Grow and you have what would be considered superspeed as you take seven league steps to get places.

I can't see it as a power choice at the start of the game but maybe it could be added later as a special power set that you could earn for another character. Something like "Max out levels on two characters and you have access to this power set for a third character" kind of thing.

Odee

Postby Odee » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:49 pm

8' tall to 3' tall please. No Ant-Men or Atom's wanted. Granted Micro Size would be a first, but they'd also be a game breaker, IMHO&E
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:22 pm

8' tall to 3' tall please. No Ant-Men or Atom's wanted. Granted Micro Size would be a first, but they'd also be a game breaker, IMHO&E
Actually shrinking someone to 6" or smaller would not be that hard. the trick is to not shrink them. have the story that you and your team will be reduced and placed in a *setting. lets call it the pipes in the floor to get rid of an alien infestation. you stand on a machine and get teleported to the mission. have a cut scene where it shows your team shrinking then getting teleported. the mission just looks like you are in a set of pipes.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Odee

Postby Odee » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:30 pm

Actually shrinking someone to 6" or smaller would not be that hard. the trick is to not shrink them. have the story that you and your team will be reduced and placed in a *setting. lets call it the pipes in the floor to get rid of an alien infestation. you stand on a machine and get teleported to the mission. have a cut scene where it shows your team shrinking then getting teleported. the mission just looks like you are in a set of pipes.
They did that on TV with the Land of Giants, or The Fantastic Voyage didn't they? Shrank normal sized beings to microbe size, injected them in a body, but the sets were still normal size. Or you just grow the environment around the heroes and make it look like they shrank?
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

LittleMissNutmeg

Postby LittleMissNutmeg » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:19 pm

I went back to watch the video again and most certainly the "The public event system (invasions in the open)" was very exciting to me!

Any excuse to get together with my friends and to beat up on baddies is a wonderful addition! It has potential for more than just holiday events, as well. Integrated into the story, or perhaps out in the city, large scale public events can allow players to congregate and deal with things going on in the city. Ideas for this such as burning buildings or infestations of some enemy variety can add to depth of the game for people who hang out in and around the city-level of the ship.

It could be tied into a karma system, as well. If, for example, there's an 'opportunity' for villains that shows up and heroes can intervene, to create dynamic PvP events, or systems that work together, like this large scale public event system and karma or reputation systems! I understand that this second point is likely out of scope for launch, but it is something that I feel can add depth in the game, to give players the 'option' to raise or lower their standing (and a good excuse for hero versus villain battles)!
"Live life with a little spice!"

Return to “Polling Discussion”