What was the single greatest achievement in the development of Ship of Heroes during 2018?

Golden Ace

What was the single greatest achievement in the development of Ship of Heroes during 2018?

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:02 pm

1. Successful Combat Alpha with supporters playing heroes in team combat (March).
  2. Upgrading of the mission maps and city to reflect a sharper, more Sci-Fi look (July).
  3. Upgrading the city with day/night, civilians, cars and trains (August).
  4. Completing CROM 4 and character rebuilds to deliver the high FPS an MMORPG needs to have (September).
  5. Successful Login Test with over 200 supporters, in the city, all with unique costumes (December).
  6. Adding powers and powersets to create a total of over 80 unique powers, in-game (December).
  7. Something else, you’ll tell us in the forums.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Golden Ace

Re: What was the single greatest achievement in the development of Ship of Heroes during 2018?

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:03 pm

I was a bit torn on this one, but I finally went with the login test because it kind of made the Ship seem more real being able to run all around with a bunch of other people.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Odee

Re: What was the single greatest achievement in the development of Ship of Heroes during 2018?

Postby Odee » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Agreed on the Login Test, being the greatest. Without that data, how would the game have looked on launch?
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:32 pm

This was a very tough choice, but I have to say that the Combat Alpha was the thing that made me stand up and take notice. To me, a game with a crappy story and great combat will hold my attention way better than the opposite. And the Combat Alpha showed the world the game had very good combat, even this early in development. allowing ordinary Jills and Joes to have a chance to put their hands on and blow up !@#$ was the greatest achievement of 2018, IMO.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Itlandm

Postby Itlandm » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:48 pm

Well, the way I interpret "achievement", I'd say the optimization was probably what impressed me the most. But I agree that the public events probably were far superior in the sense of making people sit up and take notice. Especially people who haven't been coders at some point in their life. ^_^;

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:33 am

Right now the Login Test is running in first.

To my surprise, showing 80 powers is a strong second, and the combat alpha ties with CROM 4 for third.

One of the reasons we ask these questions is just to find out what everyone thinks. :)

Voidblazer

Postby Voidblazer » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:22 am

I voted Login Test, because that event will always be the 1st time I stepped foot in Apotheosis City; the 1st time I chatted with fellow heroes, walked in the park at sunrise, and dipped my toes in the lake. It was awesome!

Close 2nd was the Combat Alpha, which put a big ol' smile on my face for a good, long while. I remember being pretty stunned by how much progress HG had made on SoH so quickly, and thinking, 'holy smokes, they already have combat with powers?! This is the real deal!'. Keep up the great work, ladies and gentlemen! :mrgreen:
Life is like an anole. Sometimes it's green, and sometimes it's brown, but it's always a small Caribbean lizard.

Dying Breath

Postby Dying Breath » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:10 pm

Going with something else here:

Surpassing City of Titans as the most anticipated superhero mmo (at least according to the Massively OP poll). A great job of guerrilla marketing in combination with development.

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:48 pm

I picked
Successful Combat Alpha with supporters playing heroes in team combat (March). Mainly because I had the privilege of taking part.
;)
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

PseudoCool

Postby PseudoCool » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:39 pm

I'm going to be honest here..

To me.. the choices where all excellent candidates for "single greatest achievement"... however...

My opinion, is that the dev team made, and kept, all their promises on target dates for 2018, and kept the community notified.

To me.. THAT is what makes me support this project and hungry for more testing, and hopefully sooner than expected, a playable game. But, that's just me.

Actjcksn

Postby Actjcksn » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:12 pm

I picked completing CROM 4 and character rebuilds, since I believe that was essential to the successful login test.
(aka GregoryKC66)
3) Expect the Plan to go off the rails...
4) ...Throw away the Plan

Return to “Polling Discussion”