Would you prefer as a private place...

SupaFreak

Re: Would you prefer as a private place...

Postby SupaFreak » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:01 pm

3. I can see a purpose and use for both.

Kawless

Postby Kawless » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:09 pm

An Apartment with a secret door leading to a Personal Lair!

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:41 am

that defintely would be nice Kawless but I thinke we are being greedy :D
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Crimson-One

Postby Crimson-One » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:23 pm

Could it be both? Similar to how Star Wars Galaxies had player cities?

Make it so Supergroups can purchase an area, then this creates a town center type building where all the Supergroup related activities/building take place. Then members of that Supergroup can build their house/apartment/lair within these city limits if they desire.

For non Supergroup types there are just generic cities where they can setup their personal housing. These generic cities would still have a main town center sort of building it just wouldn't be as elaborate as a Supergroup type.

Just a thought :)

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Make it so Supergroups can purchase an area, then this creates a town center type building where all the Supergroup related activities/building take place. Then members of that Supergroup can build their house/apartment/lair within these city limits if they desire.

For non Supergroup types there are just generic cities where they can setup their personal housing. These generic cities would still have a main town center sort of building it just wouldn't be as elaborate as a Supergroup type.

This is a pretty cool idea, however; the problem is real estate. Each ship level is about 1.5 miles in diameter. Even if you had oh, say, 8 parcels of land per level, how many levels would have to be reserved for player cities? If you put a limit, and lots of SGs want guild cities, how do you decide who gets a parcel?

That said, there may be a way to 'overlap' levels, so that you can select which area you want. So an area with SG cities A, B, C & D can also have a different instance with SG cities E, F, G & H. And of course, the 'coolest' cities will have more of the players!

After a little though, I have to say that this is a cooler idea than I first thought. Any word from the dev team if this would even be possible in the future?
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:19 am

This is a pretty cool idea, however; the problem is real estate. Each ship level is about 1.5 miles in diameter. Even if you had oh, say, 8 parcels of land per level, how many levels would have to be reserved for player cities? If you put a limit, and lots of SGs want guild cities, how do you decide who gets a parcel?

That said, there may be a way to 'overlap' levels, so that you can select which area you want. So an area with SG cities A, B, C & D can also have a different instance with SG cities E, F, G & H. And of course, the 'coolest' cities will have more of the players!

After a little though, I have to say that this is a cooler idea than I first thought. Any word from the dev team if this would even be possible in the future?
I am totally for that idea - just love it :D
My first thought was about the real estate too - though I got to say, that since we can build skyscrapers into heights (or depths - depending on preference ;) ) the square meter size wouldn´t be that much I believe.
Of course there would also be my thought I had a while ago about having the possibility of having a ship as your SG base, which is kind of staying near the Justice or being docked :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:45 pm

I like the docked ship idea. then you can always use it for some kind of SG mission.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:12 am

I like the docked ship idea. then you can always use it for some kind of SG mission.
yes and I think it would kind of reduce the real estate problem because some would propably prefer being on their own ship and so less SGs would try to get a building in the first place and for the rest.
Maybe it could be a higher barrier for getting a building than getting a ship.

So maybe you have a small building the same price or conditions as a big ship for example.
But I think that thought might be good for some more brainstorming ;)

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:06 pm

this is perfect! I'm also seeing Andromeda, where the Maru (personal quarters) was in the hanger of the SG ship (Andromeda itself) but of course not that large lol
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:13 pm

I thought about it a bit more. I like the idea of the SG having a ship, but not sold on the SG base being in the ship. just because of size issues.

As long as the SG base is large enough I guess I don't have any issues. although I do like the idea of window's being in the base showing a place or places in the ship... I guess you could still explain that away as monitors and not necessarily locations in the ship.

there are a few nice things you could build with the ship being the SG base, engines, navigation systems, Weapons Systems, Shields, artificial gravity, sensors, command and control, Computers systems, environmental systems. the list goes on and on. all of them could help the SG. for instance in some future battle some members of the SG could take the ship out and do damage to the enemy. the more damage you do the bigger temp SG buff you get for certain things.

just a few rambling thoughts.

GA
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:35 am

I thought about it a bit more. I like the idea of the SG having a ship, but not sold on the SG base being in the ship. just because of size issues.

As long as the SG base is large enough I guess I don't have any issues. although I do like the idea of window's being in the base showing a place or places in the ship... I guess you could still explain that away as monitors and not necessarily locations in the ship.

there are a few nice things you could build with the ship being the SG base, engines, navigation systems, Weapons Systems, Shields, artificial gravity, sensors, command and control, Computers systems, environmental systems. the list goes on and on. all of them could help the SG. for instance in some future battle some members of the SG could take the ship out and do damage to the enemy. the more damage you do the bigger temp SG buff you get for certain things.

just a few rambling thoughts.

GA
I like those thoughts :)
Of course ships can also work in cases of planetary visits ;)
and I think (by the way) that the windows do not have to be that much complicated - I think nobody would mind if the windows would have a permanent optic (maybe like a screenshot you do of what is visible when you look from the point of window in the area and than you safe that as the window ?)

olepi

Postby olepi » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:44 am

Maybe call them squadrons instead of super-groups, if they are going to be on a ship of their own.
2020: 43 years on the Net.

Ravynwynd

Postby Ravynwynd » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:53 pm

SUPER GROUP BASE/Headquarters #1 VOTE

A Super Base EDITABLE by members of the Super Group.

Why should the owner of the Super Group have all the fun?

#2 Vote To have both Super Group and Private Lair

WISHLIST:

I would love to see this in a future update, like a year later, Editable Base.

I UBER enjoy editing Bases in City of Heroes. I would love to have the SAME style editor for Ship of Heroes. If an older game like City of Heroes can have a Base Editor; I suspect with a lot of headache, the same can be done with Ship of Heroes.

I don't like the COOKIE CUTTER Super Bases or Lairs like in Champions Online. Super limited.
I'm okay with the Base Editor on SWTOR, at least you can sort of edit the base, and expand it.

Major Victory

Postby Major Victory » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Since we are talking faster than light travel for ships, we are probably also talking pocket universes that can be used for storage and bases and such. So having like one office or one apartment building with just doors that lead to individual and group babes wouldn't be too far off the mark, I would think.

If we can have Bags of Holding in DnD and the Tardis in Scifi, we could have something similar.

BeautifulHealer

Postby BeautifulHealer » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Crafting at home...

I like how Tera does it with crafting locations on all the continents. Since crafting is done with gathered mats, bought supplies and player market items, you can craft and have access to all the supplies your credits can buy.

Swtor uses companions to craft, they just go away until they are done so you can do other things during crafting.

Similarly Eve Online users simply order a factory to do their crafting, and they can pick it up when it's done.

If crafting is at home, and there is a need for various bought materials (fluxxes and whatnot), then it should be possible to buy/store all these parts from home as well.

In SWTOR you can buy a market object that lets you buy and sell from home.

What I am trying to avoid here is having to bring a ton of stuff home, go out for more, go back home, oops, forgot the flux, go out, come back... you get the idea.

DCUO actually allows you to do PVP matches in your home. That seems like a cool plan too.

What I don't like about all these other games is that you can buy a bed or couch or chair, but you can't sleep or sit on them. I'd prefer to have people over and be able to sit/ dance/ hug/ whatever rather than just having useless decor.

Return to “Polling Discussion”