What are you most looking forward to on launch day?

GladDog

What are you most looking forward to on launch day?

Postby GladDog » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:10 pm

Exploring Apotheosis City

Getting your first mission

Building your first character

Meeting new players

Something else – I’ll tell you in the forums
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

GladDog

Re: What are you most looking forward to on launch day?

Postby GladDog » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:14 pm

I'm looking forward to all of them except building my first character. WHAT? Aren't you excited to make your first 16 characters? I actually am. However, for those of us that donated to the cause, we will get the character creator a couple of weeks before release, and I will have a whole slate of characters ready to go on release! So creating a character is the least of my concerns. Probably the thing highest on my list is exploring that wondrous extravaganza of Apotheosis City.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:42 pm

Went with Exploring Apotheosis City.

Casey's a devious sort. I know there is a hidden room somewhere in the city. by damn I will find it!
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

twicebitten

Postby twicebitten » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:17 pm

I picked "meeting new players".

CoH was an amazing game, with great mechanics. It had a lot of replayability and content that made the game pretty addictive to me. The main reason CoH was great though... was the community. It made the game what it was somehow. I felt welcome as a new player, and years later as a long time player... they had consistently released so much new content through its tenure... the world felt huge and vast with as many task forces/Ouroboros/and new zones they added, but lvl 50's were still happy to pug a tf and meet new people. The culture the devs set in place by either the way they trained/hired mods, or the way they chose to ban willingly paying accounts for acting out, I'm not sure. The community is unrivaled to anything I've found since though.

Ship of Heroes feels the same way to me. Even on the forums I like the community. I haven't played the game yet or felt any of that "game feel", but I do believe in Ship of Heroes replicating or surpassing that with the capabilities of a competent dev team and current technology.

Red5

Postby Red5 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:29 am

Nearly a tie for me between Building your first character and Meeting new players. I tell ya true, making that first character slightly wins by a nose.
...reporting in.

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:10 am

oh, people donating, getting a look at the creator earlier :)?
nice - than I am also for exploring the city because I also will definitely create as much as I am allowed to :D
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:05 pm

It would be creating my first character. Then I want to meet the people I've been chatting so much with here in the forums. ;)

slacktech

Postby slacktech » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:47 am

I really wanted an 'all of the above' option :)

I miss creating a unique character and experiencing their powers for the first time. I miss exploring areas. I miss the community. There's really no 'one thing' I'm looking forward to over any other.

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:08 am

I really wanted an 'all of the above' option :)

I miss creating a unique character and experiencing their powers for the first time. I miss exploring areas. I miss the community. There's really no 'one thing' I'm looking forward to over any other.
or course you are right :) all of it is something to look forwart to :)
but noone ever said, decisions in those pollings are easy ;)

by the way warhead got of course a point too - it will certainly be interesting seeing, how the characters of all of you I have been chatting with look like :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:43 am

Since we can create and save our characters before official launch day, that took that off the list and left it wide open to meeting others!
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:59 pm

Exploring ... yes that is what i voted for ... I just want to look over the city and observing the environment ... the immersion into the ship ... that is what I let my heart imagination enter into just for a place to go...

that is what I'm looking for when " FHS Justice " launches ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

dart 2007

Postby dart 2007 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:05 pm

I chose building my first character.
I chose this option because for me, building a character means creating the character and then using it for the first time. This is exploring and the first missions and meeting the other new players. For me, building my first character IS my all of the above option
:D

Shieldwolf

Postby Shieldwolf » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:26 pm

I chose something else, cause I'm excited for all of it! I want to make my character, fly around Apotheosis Cicty, get that first mission and see what new characters everyone is going to make.
Virtue server, Dawn Patrol SG
Crimsonstar
Chain Lightning
Lady Victoria

SupaFreak

Postby SupaFreak » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:53 pm

Building/player my first character / rework of CoH character and seeing if any Guardianites I know are around.

Return to “Polling Discussion”