New Poll Questions

Golden Ace

Re: New Poll Questions

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:07 am

Valentines day

Collect unique salvage through normal missions or defeating of mobs (a week prior, and several days after Valentines Day), place the salvage together to build Valentines gifts which you give to other players. Receiving a gift will give you the possibility of getting a temporary powers or emote only achievable through this process.

Ship Launch Day,

I like what GladDog said I just wanted to add a few things. A few weeks prior to Ship Launch Day you start collecting special salvage and or Fireworks to allow you to make and shoot off roman candles, mortars , or light sparklers. Evenings on ship launch day a huge fireworks display is shot out over the lake.

Saint Patrick’s day

Green lights on all the buildings, rainbows with pots of gold (dust) at the end guarded by a teleporting leprechaun who changing ordinary things (cars, lamp posts, etc) into magical giant golem / monsters to defend his treasure. (Bunch of cars all fly together forming Megatron… (okay maybe not megaton but you get the idea)

Agree with black dog on Halloween and Christmas Loved how they did it in COH
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

edburke63

Postby edburke63 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:13 am

How about a poll to see which classic superhero powers the community would like to see worked on for the first update after launch? It could be a poll with a long list of powers you think can be coded without much difficulty, and you could get an idea of what players most look forward to seeing in-game.

For me, I'd click on Archery (with trick arrows) or Sorcery (with a variety of spells).

Odee

Postby Odee » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:22 am

Recurring Donation/Subscriptions to help funding?

If there were a plan in place, that you could automatically donate to SOH, and help boost the funding needed to complete it, how much would you be willing to pay monthly?
  • $10 USD
  • $15 USD
  • $20 USD
  • Some other amount?
Also, what do you think of such a plan, if it let you be part of the Alpha, Beta, and pre-release of Ship of Heroes?
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Actjcksn

Postby Actjcksn » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:34 pm

Since there is already a donation plan in place which works for recurring donations, maybe there could be a poll question which lists the current rewards or referrs to the current rewards(since the list would make the question long), then ask:

What do you think about the current donation rewards?
- Like them
- Like them but have suggestions for additional rewards, I’ll tell you in the forums
- No opinion
- Don’t like them
- Don’t like them and have suggestions for different rewards, I’ll tell you in the forums
3) Expect the Plan to go off the rails...
4) ...Throw away the Plan

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:14 am

What will your first character be inspired from?

A) I would like to re-create one of my toons from City of Heroed
B) I would like to create a toon inspired by, but not a copy of, a character form comics or movies
C) I want to create a totally unique character
D) It depends on what is available in the costume creator

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:05 am

Good point, and good question. But we cannot enable people to remake thier characters from COH because NCSoft owns the look of those characters. Sorry about that!

Odee

Postby Odee » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:59 am

Good point, and good question. But we cannot enable people to remake thier characters from COH because NCSoft owns the look of those characters. Sorry about that!
Oh, but we can come as close as possible with your CC. I'll prove it when I get in it. :D :D

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:31 am

Lol
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Odee

Postby Odee » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:44 am

Lol
I think Consultant forgot that NCSoft did not keep the player character database. Pretty hard to sue s over that IMHO :lol: :D

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:36 pm

From what I have read, NCsoft kept everything involved in the game, including player data, although they did state that this data would never see the light of day. They have a darn good reason to hold onto the IP, it seems, and won't let another game that gets TOO close to CoH exist.

Why would they keep the data? Legal reasons. If they got rid of the data before the IP was handled (whether by write-off or sale), they could be liable for litigation. Whether they would have actually handed that data over to a potential buyer is a different story.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:47 pm

Oh, but we can come as close as possible with your CC. I'll prove it when I get in it. :D :D
I would agree that it is a different character tool and you won't be able to make an exact copy. I am sure many have favorite characters from the COH days that they would most likely be paying an homage to in the new game.

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:03 pm

I would agree that it is a different character tool and you won't be able to make an exact copy. I am sure many have favorite characters from the COH days that they would most likely be paying an homage to in the new game.
That sounds about right. As long as the CCT has parts approximate to those of the CoH Character Creator then stopping SoH players from attempting to recreate their old characters will be next to impossible. I wouldn't worry though. I seriously doubt NCsoft will dust-off all that character data and check the billion or so characters made in CoH for any type of copyright infringement. NCsoft also knows what happened with that lawsuit from MARVEL. It went nowhere because it was the players remaking characters and not Paragon Studios themselves.

I'd say that HGC is pretty safe.
When you defund the police, the terrorists win.

Return to “Polling Discussion”