New Poll Questions

GladDog

Re: New Poll Questions

Postby GladDog » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:54 am

The FUTURE cash shop will never be pay to win. It will be appearance and convenience only, although there will be some things like character slots and costume slots available. There will be some unique costume pieces, although I would bet that with this dev team, they will make a way for players to get anything that is in the cash shop if you are willing to invest the time and effort.

The big deal for most players will be convenience. Being able to buy inspirations and temp powers without searching for a vendor can be VERY convenient. But there won't be any such things in the store that you cannot get in the game.

That said, it is likely at least two years before a cash shop makes it to the game.
There was the auction house. and frankly I think SoH should get in the dust for cash market before the spammers do. it will keep a lot of the spam out.
There will be dust farmers filling the chat almost from the minute the game starts. Ace was simply stating that if you want to beat them, maybe putting a way to buy dust in the cash shop would be the way to go. SOE did something similar with some experimental EQ2 servers, allowing players to sell stuff for cash on a special auction house. It actually worked, as players undercut anything the farmers put up, making these servers worthless for running a 'business'. But as the game wound down, these were some of the first servers to be eliminated, since they had to hire extra mods to keep it clean, and SOE was trying to sell their assets. If you want to sell a virtual business, you need to keep your overhead LOOOOOOWWW...
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Bryanhix

View first unread post

Postby Bryanhix » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:20 pm

Is it possible to add head bobbing to the First Person view? This would make it feel more realistic in my opinion.
Course some people might not like that and it should have an option to disable it.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:59 am

Hold onto this idea and remind us in Q1. We can look into it then, and also see how popular the request is?

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:20 am

We're just posting a new question from this thread into the poll for today.

Chocko Canyon

Postby Chocko Canyon » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:20 pm

Assuming that the resources are available for special achievements/perks, what kind of specials would people be interested in being able to attain?

1. The ability to unlock a new power effect visual from a special list, only available when the achievement/perk is won and only available to those who unlock it.

2. Unique inspirations, slightly better than those available through normal gameplay.

3. Visual costume enhancements, including shifting colors, changing logos, sound effects, etc.

4. A permanent, timed, re-usable buff

5. An extra, 'unique' secondary power from a special list, available only through the achievement/perk system.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:12 pm

I think we should have a question soon about the right level of NPCs in the Arch Park. And perhaps one for less busy areas of Apotheosis City.

What do you guys think?

Maybe after the next video.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:01 pm

Assuming that the resources are available for special achievements/perks, what kind of specials would people be interested in being able to attain?

1. The ability to unlock a new power effect visual from a special list, only available when the achievement/perk is won and only available to those who unlock it.

2. Unique inspirations, slightly better than those available through normal gameplay.

3. Visual costume enhancements, including shifting colors, changing logos, sound effects, etc.

4. A permanent, timed, re-usable buff

5. An extra, 'unique' secondary power from a special list, available only through the achievement/perk system.
I'm not sure about how enhancement slots are going to work, but giving enhancement slots or global enhancement slots as a reward (one time only of course) for a TF might be something to consider.

Perhaps global enhancement slots could be earned via a Task Force or a longer mission arc, rather than given as a level up reward.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:04 pm

I think we should have a question soon about the right level of NPCs in the Arch Park. And perhaps one for less busy areas of Apotheosis City.

What do you guys think?

Maybe after the next video.
I think we will give better input after the log in and invasion tests.

If I had my arm in a half nelson until I responded, I would say that rendering 25 in your field of view and about 75 total in an area would be a good amount.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:06 pm

put them on a slider. those with better systems can up their slider. those with poor systems can lower them. start with a good medium number
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:33 am

Golden Ace, we actually already have some of that feature coded. :)

bamiller72

Postby bamiller72 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:11 pm

I've always liked the idea of tying Achievements with perks. My dream would be something like having an achievement for defeating say 5000 enemies of a specific type/faction etc, and then giving the hero an associated perk of say +1% - +2% to a specific trait when fighting that type of enemy (damage, defense, accuracy, etc...)

Chocko Canyon

Postby Chocko Canyon » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:46 pm

That's a really nice idea...tie the perk to the specific achievement won. I concur!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:53 am

We just made a poll question out of the idea of linking achievements and perks.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:39 pm

OK, what additional poll questions should we ask?

And on that topic, is it too dumb to ask how long different kinds of missions should last, for a typical player, at the standard level of difficulty?

One of our devs told me we could formulate such a question in a manner that would allow people to give a good answer. That seems like something we could solve, to me...

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:46 pm

A good mission run is between 15-45 minutes, averaging about 25-30 minutes. A good story arc with a good reward should be between 2-3 hours. Even someone with only a short period of time should be able to get a single mission in before they take the kids to soccer. 2-3 hour mission arcs mean that even a casual player should be able to get one or two done in a week, and one on the weekend.

Return to “Polling Discussion”