Number of costumes at launch question

GladDog

Number of costumes at launch question

Postby GladDog » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:49 pm

How many costume sets do you think is the minimum that SoH ought to have for launch, for each character model?

>5
>8
>12
As many as you, just launch!
Something else, I'll tell you in the forums
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

GladDog

Re: Number of costumes at launch question

Postby GladDog » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:51 pm

I voted >8. CoH released with about 10 costume sets and a lot of individual pieces, but a lot of those were not that great, and you only saw them on joke characters. I think that 8-10 well thought out costumes that are fully interchangable would be plenty to release with.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:11 pm

I voted As many as you, just launch!
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:16 pm

I voted something else ... let me see 2 yes 2... just 2 two for launch ... more later ... as we grown and demand gets stronger and the DEV's team gets larger ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:14 am

yep - give us what you can and we will be happy with the coming improvements :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Gilbegger

Postby Gilbegger » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:39 am

Ill play in my underwear....

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:46 am

Gilbegger - you are in the wrong topic ;)
this is about the costume numbers not about the video question and the reason, why we don´t want to see any fan reaction videos ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:59 am

LOL, right now we are working our way through the costumes, and we are feeling pretty good that we can have five male, five big guy, and six female for the login test. Those numbers are not in the bag, but we feel pretty good about them. We're going after costume sets initially because the experience we share form other games, including COH is that players can see options to re-combine pieces in ways that we never expected, and that are very good.

So variety is the initial goal. And we will have a bunch of pieces that are standalone as well. Just last week we needed to decide between starting a set of ten headpieces or one more costume (we chose the costume). But eventually we will get the headpieces collection too.

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:57 am

What really opened up the choices with CoX was the extra options. What I mean is, they had the basic helmet, but then you could add a fin on top, or choose from multiple visors or goggles, and multiple mouth coverings. This opens the possibilities exponentially. Is this the direction you will be working toward?

Landrymat

Postby Landrymat » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:47 am

LOL, right now we are working our way through the costumes, and we are feeling pretty good that we can have five male, five big guy, and six female for the login test.
Just curious, do you mean the same exact five sets for each body type? Or are you thinking 5 unique/individual sets for each type. Example being Male gets costume sets 1,2,3,4,5 while Big Guy gets 6,7,8,9,10. And Female gets 11,12,13,14,15. Or maybe a combination like each body type gets costume set 1,2,3 to share. Then you have two sets unique to Male, two sets unique to Big Guy, and three sets unique to Female.

Either way I say Do what you can by your launch date. More can always be added. Im all for your stance of Small launch/Large quality. More can always be added later.

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:36 am

Just curious, do you mean the same exact five sets for each body type? Or are you thinking 5 unique/individual sets for each type. Example being Male gets costume sets 1,2,3,4,5 while Big Guy gets 6,7,8,9,10. And Female gets 11,12,13,14,15. Or maybe a combination like each body type gets costume set 1,2,3 to share. Then you have two sets unique to Male, two sets unique to Big Guy, and three sets unique to Female.

Either way I say Do what you can by your launch date. More can always be added. Im all for your stance of Small launch/Large quality. More can always be added later.
With the recent reveal of the female armor set, which although not exactly like Ambassador's is very similar, I would think there would be some overlap; however, it would make sense that some sets are going to apply to all the body models.

Landrymat

Postby Landrymat » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:21 am

Ahh yes. You are quite correct I’m sure. I went back to check that article. Thanks.

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:54 pm

Gilbegger and Avatar, you guys are cracking me up. I'll agree and say I'd be ok with my character just being in her underwear if it means a sooner launch lol.

Have we had any word back on the number of character slots we will have at the start?

*eyes my list of characters I want to make to lock down the concept and hold that slot until the powers/costumes for the concept comes out* Like, I already have a whole theme for my commander in mind, I know commanders won't be out at launch, but I want to make the character as a placeholder so I don't forget with my altitis and fill my slots before it comes out lol.
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Vertigo Blue

Postby Vertigo Blue » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Agreed, undies to start is my vote as well, lol

...Maybe onesies for decency purposes.... :lol:

POSSUMNUTS

Postby POSSUMNUTS » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:20 pm

Whatever it takes to get the game launched. Just excited to play

Return to “Polling Discussion”