Inspirations as food question

Red5

Re: Inspirations as food question

Postby Red5 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:59 pm

Nanites comes to mind but require a proper spark for function.

so sparks can be made (possible) and bought an used w/o the whole thing being booo!

Make it Lore...all Heroes are equipped with a pistol, nanites, and emergency device to send to hospital/base when defeated (equivalent).
...reporting in.

Strife3

Postby Strife3 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:24 am

Stuff for combat like in CoH was used in combat. we didnt stop fighting saying 'time out bad guys, i can use a snack'. we clicked an item and kept going. which in a game like this is the best way to continue it.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Fri May 25, 2018 9:31 pm

Stuff for combat like in CoH was used in combat. we didnt stop fighting saying 'time out bad guys, i can use a snack'. we clicked an item and kept going. which in a game like this is the best way to continue it.
I had assumed that was always the intention, but that they were just looking for a unique, fun way to represent that.

I had originally said that I liked the idea, but after reading the other comments here, I tend to agree. It should be some extra willpower gained from within that gives the hero the power to get through their fight. A memory of something that sustains them, or they know there are people counting on them...but I have no idea on how to represent that in a game.

olepi

Postby olepi » Sun May 27, 2018 11:02 am

I'd like a multi-tier system.

Food/drink could be used as a base buff or heal, not usable in combat. You can't eat while fighting.
So concentrates would be next; a mild buff/heal that could be used in combat, made from food/drinks by a crafter.
Stimpacks would be the ultimate, Strong buff/heal, usable in combat. Made from food/drink by a master crafter.
2019: 42 years on the Net.

Kelha

Postby Kelha » Sun May 27, 2018 7:00 pm

I guess i need to get my 2 cents in here. At first i wasn't sure how i felt about the idea and my first instinct was to vote no preference, but the more i thought about it i realized i don't like the idea. The food idea doesn't seem to match the genre. DCUO has sodas as their consumables and I've always hated it. I don't think i'd like it any better in SoH. Champions online has stims and shields which i like better, but CoH had it the best. Leaving the consumables to be as ambiguous as possible gives me the ability to imagine it to be whatever i want it to be for my character. If my character is tech i could pretend the consumable is some device to help me. If my character is natural i can pretend the consumable was inside me all along. If my character is magic i can pretend the consumable is an artifact or potion. The food idea works in for the fantasy genre, but it doesn't work for superheroes.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun May 27, 2018 8:16 pm

I don't mind having food items that we can make as long as they don't take the place of our internal spark ie inspirations. what game was it...

well anyway one game I played the food gave you minor buffs instead of what inspirations did in CoH. I don't mind that if you eat a soysquid burger (or whatever weird future food we eat in 475 years) and you gain 5% more endurance, resistance, or health for an hour. but we need the inspirations. I like the word inner spark. to be there also.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon May 28, 2018 2:44 am

I don't mind having food items that we can make as long as they don't take the place of our internal spark ie inspirations. what game was it...

well anyway one game I played the food gave you minor buffs instead of what inspirations did in CoH. I don't mind that if you eat a soysquid burger (or whatever weird future food we eat in 475 years) and you gain 5% more endurance, resistance, or health for an hour. but we need the inspirations. I like the word inner spark. to be there also.
so basically the idea would be, that you eat something before going into a figt/mission?
Well that would be the only way, how I could imagine food to have a place here, otherwise I agree with the thought before - it should be something which is so exchangable that anyone can feel it fits to his lore. I kind of could live with that spark thought since a spark could be something of magic origin as of a mental thing or tech thing. Of course it also could be personalized for classes but I think that is too complicated (unnecessary complicated).

But I stay with my thought - the food should be something you "build" (or cook ;) ) at home or you buy at a food store somewhere in the city - it should not be dropped after a fight
Otherwise we have that bully stealing lunch at school - feeling pretty unheroic in my eyes ;)

By the way - you realize, that there are quite a few who have allergies against soy (and some more like me, who dont like it) because of all that genetic manipulating on that stuff, don´t you ;)?
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon May 28, 2018 6:49 am

But I stay with my thought - the food should be something you "build" (or cook ;) ) at home or you buy at a food store somewhere in the city - it should not be dropped after a fight
Otherwise we have that bully stealing lunch at school - feeling pretty unheroic in my eyes ;)
agree 100%
By the way - you realize, that there are quite a few who have allergies against soy (and some more like me, who dont like it) because of all that genetic manipulating on that stuff, don´t you ;)?
no one told you?

They all stayed back on earth. :D

noted no soy. I was trying to remember an episode of sliders where they landed on one future type earth and everyone ate a sandwich with crab claws coming out of it. don't remember the name of it. crombie or something...

can't find the episode or pictures.

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon May 28, 2018 6:56 am

agree 100%
no one told you?

They all stayed back on earth. :D

noted no soy. I was trying to remember an episode of sliders where they landed on one future type earth and everyone ate a sandwich with crab claws coming out of it. don't remember the name of it. crombie or something...

can't find the episode or pictures.
still interesting idea - hope you don´t cook (with ideas like soy seafood ) ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon May 28, 2018 7:28 am

lol who knows what we will be using as standard food items in the future.

lets take the sandwich for instance. it didn't become a thing until the 1760's a little over a hundred years later we got our first hamburger.

Taco's were invented in the 1950's. point being if we go back in time 475 years the people there wouldn't recognize the kind of food we eat today. and might even find it odd or unappetizing.

so the kind of food available in the future will be different. we will still have all the other stuff too, but we will also have other things that we wouldn't recognize and might even find distasteful to look at.

Genetically modified food to make things that are completely different. I'm going to throw meat banana out there.

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon May 28, 2018 9:24 am

lol who knows what we will be using as standard food items in the future.

lets take the sandwich for instance. it didn't become a thing until the 1760's a little over a hundred years later we got our first hamburger.

Taco's were invented in the 1950's. point being if we go back in time 475 years the people there wouldn't recognize the kind of food we eat today. and might even find it odd or unappetizing.

so the kind of food available in the future will be different. we will still have all the other stuff too, but we will also have other things that we wouldn't recognize and might even find distasteful to look at.

Genetically modified food to make things that are completely different. I'm going to throw meat banana out there.
don´t you say - yep over here in Europe (with possible exception of England - though I got to admit since my last trip to Southengland that their food is better than it is being said) we sometimes wonder about american food (it took another 40 years before you could enter a McDonalds - sorry they don´t have the good ones in Germany - without hiding your face and being looked and with a strange glance because they felt somebody going there can´t cook) still everybody eats it - long live artificial flavoring ;)
But seriously I know what you mean - sure the times are always changing and it will be kind of interesting to see what our Devs will put on the Menu (somehow I don´t know I have that kind of mean streak today, sorry can´t help it :D)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon May 28, 2018 9:56 am

lol McDonalds, Micky D's. I have not gotten anything from them in years. I was never a big fan of them.

I stopped going to burger king back in the late 90's or early o's when they came out with king commercials. I just found them too creepy so my protest was to never go again.

lets see last week fast food was...

nothing unless a deli counts. been eating at the West Wing Cafe in DC mostly.

okay previous week I hit "Five Guys" and had the Bacon cheese burger - all the way
best burger fast food restaurant I know of. Stuff it In and Out fans.

Last month I went to...

Wendy's and had a spicy chicken sandwich with chili on the side,
chipotle's and had a burrito bowl.

I was at a taco bell several months (or 5) back. don't remember what I got though other than a craving not to return anytime soon

the one fast food place I miss the most is Jack in the Box - they don't have them in Virginia. there is something about those greasy tacos I love.

Oh and Skippers Fish and chips that's a west coast thing. and you will not find them here.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Mon May 28, 2018 10:56 am

I was at a taco bell several months (or 5) back. don't remember what I got though other than a craving not to return anytime soon

the one fast food place I miss the most is Jack in the Box - they don't have them in Virginia. there is something about those greasy tacos I love.

Oh and Skippers Fish and chips that's a west coast thing. and you will not find them here.
The Taco Bell thing....so right on the nose. I do like Jack in the Box, though. They have a wide variety of things they do okay.

I do miss Skippers. They closed the one near me, so now the closest one I know of is an hour away. While I miss it, I don't miss it enough to drive for an hour.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon May 28, 2018 11:11 am

The Taco Bell thing....so right on the nose. I do like Jack in the Box, though. They have a wide variety of things they do okay.

I do miss Skippers. They closed the one near me, so now the closest one I know of is an hour away. While I miss it, I don't miss it enough to drive for an hour.

Midnight. where are you located? I grew up in a town called Kent in Washington State and on the other side of the mountains in the Quincy George area.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Thu May 31, 2018 8:25 pm

Midnight. where are you located? I grew up in a town called Kent in Washington State and on the other side of the mountains in the Quincy George area.
Ahhh, I know both those areas. I am in Olympia, WA. Technically, just outside of it in unincorporated county.

I've been to Kent several times, but most frequently to watch hockey games at the Showare Arena, and head to George for concerts, of course.

Return to “Polling Discussion”