Preferred Primary Role question

GladDog

Preferred Primary Role question

Postby GladDog » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:37 pm

I will always play a tank first. Insulting the bad guy's mother's fashion sense? Check. Knocking all the bad guys on their @$$ with a PBAoE? Check. Laughing off the bad guys as they fruitlessly beat on you while the ranged and melee DPS melt them? Check.

What isn't there to like?
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

EsperW

Re: Preferred Primary Role question

Postby EsperW » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:10 pm

My first character in COH was a Empathy/Energy Defender, Nurse Kiriko. She will be my first character to create in SOH.

Taivas

Postby Taivas » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:02 pm

Ever since my main became a Restoration Shaman in WoW all the way back in the early years of that game's life, I've developed a real appreciation for healers. Before then I never paid much attention to them but, as a naturally empathic person, there's something very satisfying to me about keeping other players alive so they can continue to fight and enjoy their gaming experience. It makes me feel more connected to the world, to the players, and gives my own character a sense of purpose.

On the flip-side, I also like the lone wolf melee ass kicker and the Controller/Mastermind power cravers. Healing is where it's at for me though, totally cathartic and satisfying.

kinglucus

Postby kinglucus » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:21 am

I have a feeling im going to end up creating two characters from the start, i think i will be primarily a Healer (which will stumble if no teams can be found) and a blaster for secondary soloing. I spent too long in CoH running around requesting to join teams with my empath/arch healer with no responses.

Styrj

Postby Styrj » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:18 am

I only teamed when my son was playing, and then, it was either a blaster, scrapper or dominator, as we would create toons to play with at that time. But, as a rule, I am a soloer 98 percent of the time. Another thing I did was create a solo SG.
:D If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :D

Malice Johansson

Postby Malice Johansson » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:53 pm

It'll honestly probably depend on how the power sets look. Different things appeal for different reasons. Earth/Earth Dom was SO much fun but I doubt there will be anything quite like that to start. But for a first? Most likely a Defender or Tank.

:D

Wolfshadw

Postby Wolfshadw » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:20 am

I can honestly say my favorite character to play was my Electric/Storm Defender that I built and played as a Blaster. I got kicked off so many teams because I wasn't a "healer", nevermind that she could kick some serious butt!

Aside from that, I'd have to agree with Taivas, as team support is an awesome, if frustrating role. Nothing sucks more than watching a teammate's health bar drop dangerously low, clicking the Heal Other power and hearing the blunt, character out of range sound after you scolded everyone for not staying in range (and line of site) of the Defender!

But when it gets hairy and the team stays close, it's awesome!

-Wolf sends

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:45 am

I had a lot of fun playing a blaster, to this day I always play ranged damage first in any game.
Before creating my peacebringer though, my favourite character actually turned out to be a fire/rad controller.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:31 pm

Pet Jobs

Pet jobs got the most from updates in my experience with MMOs. Other powers or classes get new weapons, armor, and abilities; pet jobs got those along with new pet skins and new pets in general. Too bad commander is not a launch power.

Flagwaver

Postby Flagwaver » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:50 pm

Inv/SS Tanker for the win. I love the Superman/Captain America ideal.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

A bullet may have a name on it, but 20 pounds of C4 is more of a "to whom it may concern."

Return to “Polling Discussion”