Instagram reaction question

GladDog

Instagram reaction question

Postby GladDog » Wed May 09, 2018 8:16 am

Have you viewed the new SoH Instagram site?

Yes, I’ve seen it and I like it.
Yes, I’ve seen it, but Instagram is not my thing.
No, I haven't seen it.
Something else – I’ll tell you in the forums.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

GladDog

Re: Instagram reaction question

Postby GladDog » Wed May 09, 2018 8:22 am

I'm very computer literate, and very up with the times. I do my best to be a real resource to my friends in computers and networking.

The one thing I am not is a social networking guru. I did not even know Instagram existed until I saw it mentioned in Agents of SHIELD. My wife says, at least once a day, "Did you see that great post on your Facebook page?" And almost every time I say, "I haven't been on Facebook in over a week."

I am just not much into social networking. I like forums, but Facebook, Twitter, Instagram? I'm not so good at that. I suppose I will make an Instagram account and go check out the SoH page, sooner or later.

It's not you SoH, it's all me. I had to vote honestly, I have not seen the page yet.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed May 09, 2018 8:44 am

Yes, I followed the link provided on the forums and liked it. I believe it was my first time on Instagram (so not my thing)
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:48 am

I'm very computer literate, and very up with the times. I do my best to be a real resource to my friends in computers and networking.

The one thing I am not is a social networking guru. I did not even know Instagram existed until I saw it mentioned in Agents of SHIELD. My wife says, at least once a day, "Did you see that great post on your Facebook page?" And almost every time I say, "I haven't been on Facebook in over a week."

I am just not much into social networking. I like forums, but Facebook, Twitter, Instagram? I'm not so good at that. I suppose I will make an Instagram account and go check out the SoH page, sooner or later.

It's not you SoH, it's all me. I had to vote honestly, I have not seen the page yet.
Wow!! GladDog you must be my long lost clone. :shock: What you said, I am on the very same wave length. I will be 64 in July are you close to that? ;)
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Wed May 09, 2018 9:28 am

60 on the nosey.

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed May 09, 2018 9:40 am

there should be another possibility to vote:

No I haven´t seen it and I don´t really care about Instagramm anyway

Just to state my part here ;)

Oh and do not worry G.D. :)
I am way younger and I am not into social media myself, though working a lot with computers. For me it is like degenerating from being able to communicate to stepping backwards into stone age (if one thinks about how some people behave in forums I really do believe that too). I mean seriously, communication is so much more, than just a number of words.
And to tell the truth - my facebook account is only there for me to find lost friends and the only one looking at it on a regular base is my wife ;) (actually its starting to annoy me a little bit, that she keeps on asking me, to go into my facebook, so she can browse ;) )
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:09 pm

60 on the nosey.
Sorry GladDog was not trying to be nosey.
Ok not clones but brothers then we are of the Boomer gen. though.
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed May 09, 2018 12:21 pm

Feeling like a spring chicken here :D

Actjcksn

Postby Actjcksn » Wed May 09, 2018 1:32 pm

I'm also very computer literate but am not into social media. I don't have Instagram or Twitter accounts and use Facebook mostly to wish people Happy Birthday and to post SoH videos and updates.

That said, I did follow the link provided in the forums and I enjoyed the photos. But I'm still not creating an Instagram account! LOL
3) Expect the Plan to go off the rails...
4) ...Throw away the Plan

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed May 09, 2018 2:05 pm

Lol. I think I found my long-lost brother. :D

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Wed May 09, 2018 3:55 pm

I have a pretty much dead facebook account (nobody I know actually uses it), a twitter account that I use a bit and no instagram account. I looked at the page - some really nice images there - but I can't see any point in creating an account for something I'll never actually use.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Wed May 09, 2018 3:58 pm

Feeling like a spring chicken here :D
LOL, got you beat by 3 years but I too am not on any form of social media. Not even Facebook. You need to communicate with me, you need to send an e-mail :D

twicebitten

Postby twicebitten » Wed May 09, 2018 7:56 pm

This has been an interesting read. I voted "I've seen it and like it". I am computer literate, and do not have a facebook. No twitter. The only thing I do have is instagram. (I mean hey, It's pictures - it fundamentally has more purpose to me than other social networking).

That aside, I'm not sure the motivation behind polling for this. If purpose is an issue, I think It's smart for SoH to have an instagram, as well as every other facet of free advertising and social networking it could consume. Especially a title like Ship of Heroes that would benefit from more supporters. So I applaud the effort as well as think it is a good move.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Thu May 10, 2018 1:12 am

Yeah, I don't use Instagram, so I won't be seeing it. I do agree with the others that a strong social media presence is going to be an important strategy in getting more eyes on the product.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Thu May 10, 2018 1:46 am

Yeah, I don't use Instagram, so I won't be seeing it.
The images are public, you don't need an Instragram account to view them.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Return to “Polling Discussion”