Super Group size question

GladDog

Super Group size question

Postby GladDog » Wed May 02, 2018 1:49 pm

Ship of Heroes will have a lot of team content, although playing solo will also be fun. What size of supergroup or guild would you most want to be a member of?

Less than 10
10 to 50
50 to 100
100 to 500
More than 500
Something else – I’ll tell you in the forums
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

GladDog

Re: Super Group size question

Postby GladDog » Wed May 02, 2018 1:50 pm

I voted 100-500. Huge groups have some problems, but that size seems managable. If they have alliances, almost any size group would be fine.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed May 02, 2018 3:29 pm

I went with something else.

for me the ideal super group size is around 10 to 20 friends. but I want to join with at least another 10 or so super groups to form a League.

basically you get the benefits of having a large member of people in your league while keeping your SG limited to friends. .
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Wed May 02, 2018 3:38 pm

I chose 50-100. If my House of Cards team gets off the ground, I at least need 52 spots, or 54 if you have 2 jokers.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Wed May 02, 2018 4:14 pm

I voted 10-50 mainly because that's what I was used to in CoH. If the SG's are too large you never really get to know anyone in them. If they're too small, you can have problems finding people to team with. Pro's and cons for large and small...
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Dragonnas Xavier

Postby Dragonnas Xavier » Wed May 02, 2018 5:52 pm

I voted 10-50 mainly because that's what I was used to in CoH. If the SG's are too large you never really get to know anyone in them. If they're too small, you can have problems finding people to team with. Pro's and cons for large and small...
I agree with this. The point of a supergroup, guild, or whatever else it can be called is to develop close ties to people in the game, and do things as a group. I can't imagine there's going to be much (if any) content that a 100 person group could all participate in. Many forms of raid content also have lockout timers in most games, which would mean splitting a group up into smaller teams anyhow, your second and even third teams might have a pretty rough time getting everything together. Many people in a large group would likely just be strangers as well.
Maybe a 32-48 person group would be best.
Just my two cents.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Wed May 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Hmmm....I voted 10-50, but I realize that was too close-minded.

With everyone having multiple alts, I think it should be more like 10-50 unique accounts plus the alts.

twicebitten

Postby twicebitten » Wed May 02, 2018 8:33 pm

I voted 50-100 simply because of "online" probability. I'm going to assume a percentage of my supergroup will only play nights e.g. after work. Another percentage will possibly only play weekends. Some in other time zones that will align, some won't. I guess my point is I want it to be small enough that I get to know people, but I also want enough people online consistently when I play. I don't feel like 50 is quite large enough. Also, I agree with Midnight, everyone will have alts that they want in at some point.

Echo Magnus

100 - 500

Postby Echo Magnus » Sun May 13, 2018 6:29 pm

100 - 500

I say this only to allow for the greatest diversity, and to allow for the players to have a choice.

While in my experience most players tend toward SG/Guild sizes in the 10 - 50 range -- there are on occasion players who prefer to grow into numbers ranging in the 100's.

While I may not choose to include myself in a SG/Guild that large, I'd hate for others to miss that opportunity as a result of my opinions.... At least in this case, lol.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun May 13, 2018 6:34 pm

I hear you . however I'm in the belief that SG's should be smaller. however Leagues - which are a combination of a dozen or so super groups should be around.

Echo Magnus

Postby Echo Magnus » Sat May 19, 2018 9:59 pm

I hear you . however I'm in the belief that SG's should be smaller. however Leagues - which are a combination of a dozen or so super groups should be around.
Can this be done? As in, is this how CoH worked or out SoH will work?

I think it would be an amazing idea if SG's could join together under a larger umbrella, perhaps not a League, but we'll call it that for conversation.
The organizational and community development potential here I think could be promising.

I'm Imagining something like this:

League (Name: Super Heroes League [Focus: Mix]) ~100 - 500 Members
-- SG #1 (Alpha/Senior Super Group [Focus: PvE]) ~ 10 -50 Members *Handles League Affairs, Endgame Raiding Teams
-- SG #2 (Bravo Super Group [Focus: PvE]) ~ 10 -50 Members *Raiding, Mission, Casual teams, etc.
-- SG #3 (Representing PvP Super Group [Focus: PvP]) ~ 10 -50 Members *Represents the League in PvP
-- SG #4 (Junior PvE Super Group [Focus: PvE]) ~ 10 -50 Members *Where new League Members go to train and prospect for PvE SG's, etc
-- SG #5 (Junior PvP Super Group [Focus: PvP]) ~ 10 -50 Members *Where new League Members go to train and prospect for PvP SG's, etc
-- SG #6 (Recruitment Super Group [Focus: PvE/PvP]) ~ 10 -50 Members *Handles recruitment for League

It definitely doesn't have to be this complex, but it could be even more so. The make up of the League could vary based on the wishes of the individual SG's and the combined League.

I can see this opening even a new option for League Halls where accomplishments from across the entire League could be shared, but separate from the SG Bases, just as the players individual bases are separate from the SG Base.

Maybe the prior service in me is nerding out over organization again, lol.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun May 20, 2018 9:08 am

That was how CoH worked. They have not said how SoH will work. I'm hoping SoH will work the same way.

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:23 am

Nearly missed that one ;)
I am also more for smaller groups which connect with each other.
I also voted for the 10-50 because I would like to have teams around 10 to 20 people playing. Not bigger, because I prefer knowing the people and therefore I was perfectly alright with teams consisting of 6 or 7 players too, but though I like small teams I understand, that especially with big events it would be nice to have your own team taking care of a major threat :).

Besides, Avengers consisted of between 3 heroes and 7 heroes in average, Justice League consisted of max 12 heroes in a team. That is how I picture our teams :). And like there was Avengers West Coast and Avengers (East Coast ;) ) and the Great Lake Avengers (sorry couldn´t resist) - or with Justice League you had Justice League America, Justice League Europe and Justice League Task Force (not really a parallel team but close enough) - I can really picture several people create several teams who work together or teams meeting for an event and deciding to cooperate in the future too.
So those teams could be small (with max a dozen players) and still belong to each other - personally I prefer that idea :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Solari

Postby Solari » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:26 am

This... I think the SG I was in must have been about 15 or 20 individuals and it was brilliant.

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:28 pm

I will form a group with my wife. We will miss out on the advantages of a large supergroup, but it will be for her and I.

Return to “Polling Discussion”