Poll: Which Archetype Will You Create First?

POSSUMNUTS

Re: Poll: Which Archetype Will You Create First?

Postby POSSUMNUTS » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:18 am

The BRUTE equivalent

Pyrion

Postby Pyrion » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:26 am

I missed an option for controller :)

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:53 am

No guarantees on Controllers at release, although it is looking promising. You won't see that choice pop up until the dev team is confident they can finish the AT with at least two primary powersets.

BTW, referring to another post, there won't be Brutes in this game. There will be 6 ATs and when villains are added, they will have the same exact ATs as heroes.

Tanks - Tanks
Brawlers - Scrappers
Devastators - Corruptors
Defenders - Defenders
Controllers - Final form is up in the air - could be like Controllers, or maybe like Dominators, or maybe a blend
Commanders (1st or 2nd patch after release) - Masterminds

No commitment to further ATs, although it has been hinted that Rogues are in the long term plan. Maybe as an Epic AT? It would be 2+ years before we saw them, if they do decide to make them.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:15 am

Are the Controllers going to be called commanders? or is that going to be the new masterminds?
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:35 am

Are the Controllers going to be called commanders? or is that going to be the new masterminds?
Oopsie I fixed it in my post - Commanders = Masteminds

There was a poll a few months back about renaming Defenders and Controllers, so there is no guarantee that those will be the names. But that is a trivial matter that they have 18+ months to solve.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:41 pm

Probably a scrapper or tank. Won't die much, still decent damage, lets me try basically everything with a lower skill cap while I learn the game. Then I can start experimenting :P
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

WRThore

Postby WRThore » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:09 pm

I am really hoping there is something equivalent to a claws/regen scrapper! I loved my Wolvie clone :)

DomiDayglow

Postby DomiDayglow » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:20 pm

I want my radiation corruptor back, so I will probably make a devastator. It seems to be the closest comparison right now, but I may change my mind. It's hard to say for sure until we see the powersets available to each, the order of those powers in the sets and their strengths. I always liked radiation emission because it could do a little of everything. It had debuffs, healing, buffs, even control powers in choking cloud and EMP.

But I liked debuffs the most, radiation emission and infection. So, I'll probably pick whatever comes near those lines.
Last edited by DomiDayglow on Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

twicebitten

Postby twicebitten » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:22 pm

I am going blaster (devastator) as my main. Fire/fire or whatever secondary equivalent the AT ends up having, as long as its fire blasting primary :D I ended CoH with a 50 fire/fire controller also, and a 50 BA/Inv tanker. I tend to have alt-itus somewhat, but more for functional reasons. I enjoy having other high level characters I can hot swap out if we're trying to start a TF and theres not a tanker to be found. It's nice being able to log out and grab one, even if I don't play it willfully that often. I'm just a sucker for high ranged damage.

JoCalibur

Postby JoCalibur » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:23 am

Even though my favorite toon on CoH was my Rad/Sonic Defender, I think I will be starting as a Devastator. I would like to get a feel for how the support sets work before committing to support as my primary. Also, I would rather wait to make a Defender until there is a blasting powerset like Sonic Attack that debuffs enemy resistance. I guess I won't know for sure what I am making first until we know all of the possible powersets at launch. I'll probably end up making a Devastator and a Defender at launch.

Wraithlord

Postby Wraithlord » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:39 pm

I'll probably start with the Devastator.

katmir

Postby katmir » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:28 pm

Defender, definitely..! Because even superheroes need backup. From waaayyy in the back. Up a building. Across the street. But I can totally see you, so I got you, fam. Buff/Debuff yo. Kidding, not kidding.

Razorstorm

Postby Razorstorm » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:12 pm

I guess you could say I am on the cutting edge. My name says all you need to know.
"A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it." :twisted:

slacktech

Postby slacktech » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:45 am

Brawlers - Scrappers - due to the fact that I'll be spending the majority of my time solo and will need a sturdy a/t.

Styrj

Postby Styrj » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:54 am

Since I'm a soloer at heart, I'll roll a Brawler then a Devastator and a thirdly a Commander just to see how the powers mix & match. Then, hopefully, at some point in time, the devs will offer a Dominator (or equivalent) archetype. When CoV was released, Doms quickly became my favorite archetype to play and they were very soloable.

One thing folks have to remember, FUN is a very relative term. What is fun for me may or may not be fun for someone else and vice-versa.
:D If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :D

Return to “Polling Discussion”