What fraction of your time will be spent on SOLO play?

Re: What fraction of your time will be spent on SOLO play?

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:55 am

There will be a bonus for being on a team. One thing we are looking at is adding a small bonus for leading a team. In many games I've seen places where team form filled with people who would like to team, but are apparently too shy to speak up. In COH, I used to form teams every day. It's fun. And we would want to encourage people to form them. So maybe 2% for forming and leading the team? What do you guys think?

Alternatively, perhaps some badge for forming 100 teams...hmmm.
I don't like the bonus Idea for team lead. IMHO team lead shouldn't make more experience than anyone else on the team. if you are always teaming with the same people and start out leveling them...

I do however love the badge idea.
me too - badges are nice and collecting the is always a motivational boost - but I don´t think there should be xp for it - I mean for what? For being more extrovert than others? I mean its not like a team leader really has anything else to do than agreeing or inviting people - he has no special responsiblity or really has to give orders - so no xp for that is my opinion; a badge sounds great though :D
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Pyrion

Postby Pyrion » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:47 am

Don't give more xp to the team lead. Give them the first slot in loot rotation or something similar to that depending on your loot system. A small loot boost would be enough.

Honestly, even the roumor of a loot boost would be enough i guess :)

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:53 am

Don't give more xp to the team lead. Give them the first slot in loot rotation or something similar to that depending on your loot system. A small loot boost would be enough.

I see trouble coming here. I mean if there are obvious and relevant advantages for "leading" a team then it can be complicated getting one - because everyone wants to be the boss to get the benefits and close to nobody will want to just join a team.
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:06 am

I see trouble coming here. I mean if there are obvious and relevant advantages for "leading" a team then it can be complicated getting one - because everyone wants to be the boss to get the benefits and close to nobody will want to just join a team.
That's what supergroups are for, people can take it in turns till they all get their badge... maybe.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:43 am

That's what supergroups are for, people can take it in turns till they all get their badge... maybe.
like you said - maybe
but it is not necessarily the case that a supergroup is always available when you are online - or enough to fill a group as it is. My thought goes to those too who may not be in a Supergroup - I just don´t see the point in why the teamleader should get more xp.
Like I said - I am all for the badge, I just wouldnt want the xp bonus thing

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:38 pm

True. Some people may not feel comfortable starting a group but would rather join one to just quietly play in the background to complete those tougher missions. Then I have joined groups where the leader does take the role to heart and tries to tell everyone what to do. In some cases I am ok with suggestions but I have seen some get a little upset if you don't follow orders. :?

Gamegod

Postby Gamegod » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:29 pm

Getting more xp isn't the only reason why people form teams . I have played many games where the xp was exceptionally better on teams but the type of community, playstlye, etc made teaming a pain in those games. Its got to be more than just better xp. Leader getting more than everyone else is definently a no no. I foresee all kinds of strife if that was implemented. <--this coming from someone who forms teams(leader) constantly.
Never say too much; always say enough. :roll:

SteelR4t

Postby SteelR4t » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:38 pm

"Too early to tell".

Early CoH was made great by the community and of course the team mechanics. Later on in the game (and I'm not really sure why this is), the games community seemed... "less great" (at least on the UK side of the pond). Consequently, early on in my heroes career, I'd team most of the time with both PuGs and my various SGs. From there I made friends that I'm still in touch with now. Later on in the game I tended to mostly solo.

I'm hoping the community of SoH at least starts in the same way that CoH's did.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:21 am

Badge for leading sure, no other bonuses. Pretty sure with this community there'll be no trouble getting people forming up.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Meridian

Postby Meridian » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:55 pm

I didn't really like the ranges for this question, but I guess that didn't bother anybody else.

WRThore

Postby WRThore » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:46 pm

I solo pretty much all game content, except end game stuff; Raids etc. But, seeing as this is the first time I've donated too, and dedicated my time, from the conception of a game till it launches ... I think I want to get the most out of this community.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:18 pm

I solo pretty much all game content, except end game stuff; Raids etc. But, seeing as this is the first time I've donated too, and dedicated my time, from the conception of a game till it launches ... I think I want to get the most out of this community.
Welcome back Wayne! Glad to see you posting again. you going to sign your daughter up for the beta?
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

WRThore

Postby WRThore » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:33 am

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have been paying attention to the Facebook page, instagram and videos. I need to be on the forums more for sure. My daughter loves the power animation but she will definitely watch me play. At 4 she will mash a few buttons, lol. Actually, I will be donating for my brother in the coming weeks as well so he too can be in the beta in December. I’ve never anticipated a game more in my life :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
Welcome back Wayne! Glad to see you posting again. you going to sign your daughter up for the beta?

Strife3

Postby Strife3 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:47 am

For me this is an easy one to answer. Ill spend atleast 40 percent of my time solo due to two things, Waiting for good teams to do group missions or things like task forces, the special missions CoH had. When I played City of Heroes I actually had characters on every server, when the game ended i had over 75 due to transfering some off so i could make more. If someone can keep up with my speed in the game ill team with them too or ill just go solo.

POSSUMNUTS

Postby POSSUMNUTS » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:39 am

Most of my time. 75% - 80%

Return to “Polling Discussion”