What fraction of your time will be spent on SOLO play?

Turtlesandwich

Re: What fraction of your time will be spent on SOLO play?

Postby Turtlesandwich » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:52 pm

I would look for a team and if i couldn't find one or make one i would head to a PVP zone. I hated doing missions on my own.

Red5

Postby Red5 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:12 pm

....Hopefully we can avoid the City of Controllers saga that made defenders in CoH less desirable!
NOthing against you, but I get a real kick out of reading City of X. MOstly because my first character was a blaster and we were (from my experience of game) few and then suddenly everyone (well not everyone but a lot) was shouting the game was City of Blasters

So I made a scrapper, not because there was more blasters mind you, and bamm folks were calling it city of scrappers. :mrgreen:
...reporting in.

Codex

Postby Codex » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:52 pm

I'm hoping for a 50-50 split but it depends if the character I am playing is able to solo.
aka Backer 68

Red5

Postby Red5 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:15 am

A question like this helps determine the quantity and types of mission they will be developing, so yeah, it's important!
I find this fascinating and not in a Edd Haskel way.

I kinda presumed Devs would (and this is not a bad thing imho) just toss is radio/newspaper missions that scale to player level.

And/or have us start in a N.O.O.B. (Newly Oriented Operations Bureau) Corp. and then later we can join other Factions like Hero Corp. and they act like radio/newspaper missions.
...reporting in.

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:52 am

A question like this helps determine the quantity and types of mission they will be developing, so yeah, it's important!

I kinda presumed Devs would (and this is not a bad thing imho) just toss is radio/newspaper missions that scale to player level.

And/or have us start in a N.O.O.B. (Newly Oriented Operations Bureau) Corp. and then later we can join other Factions like Hero Corp. and they act like radio/newspaper missions.
I like the NOOB :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:07 am

Let's say that the dev team was planning a 50/ 50 split between missions you can solo (no EB or AV; no simultaneous switch throwing, etc...) and missions that probably require a team. But this poll overwhelmingly says most players plan on 30% or more soloing. They won't throw their plan away (the people voting are probably a small percentage of the people that will end up playing), but the may adjust it 5-10%. Or they may allow more fine tuning on the difficulty slider than they originally planned, so that more missions are soloable on lower difficulty settings. Remember, the dev team is small. They have to allocate their resources the best they can, which is why they ask these questions. They are not going to completely rework the game based on a poll result, but they may re-assign an artist from exterior texturing to interior design one day a week based on a poll result.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Styrj

Postby Styrj » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:28 am

For me, I would spend roughly 99.5% of my time playing solo. During CoXs existence, I soloed about 45 or so toons to 50. It never got old to me. Played and tested a multitude of archetype / power combos to determine what worked with what. I only teamed when my son was playing and he only played for about two years.
:D If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :D

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:32 am

For me, I would spend roughly 99.5% of my time playing solo. During CoXs existence, I soloed about 45 or so toons to 50. It never got old to me. Played and tested a multitude of archetype / power combos to determine what worked with what. I only teamed when my son was playing and he only played for about two years.
sounds like for you it would make sense, if the devs would plan to put out a Offline Version of the game eventually ;)
Hope you will change your mind though, would be sad if a community like that won´t be able to let you see the fun in teaming :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:34 pm

Assuming you split your time between team play and solo play, what fraction will be spent on SOLO play?

• less than 10%
  • 10-30%
  • 30-70%
  • More than 70%
  • It’s too early to tell
I went 30-70% I've got nothing against teaming but many times none of my friends are online and end up soloing or I'm feeling antisocial :/

I do remember soloing quite a bit in CoH, but some of my best times are when I was playing with friends.

I would gladly team with anyone here, I think that would be a blast, and I'd go out of my way to team.
I feel the same as above.
But at the start though I would be teaming with others with 2 accounts. Once I have 2 high level alts. Then I would be Solo/Teaming with myself power leveling alt builds until I have a small army of the best builds possible. (Building my army will take quite a while so many combinations and permutations)
Then I would do more team play helping others.

May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Gamegod

Postby Gamegod » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:09 pm

I prefer teaming as much as I can. I appreciate the conversations, tactics, the fun and all the goodies that come along with teaming. But If the mechanics of the game allow me to solo missions with ease then solo is what I will do +90% of the time. In games like marvel heroes and neverwinter I rarely teamed because heck your alt can do it all...damage, heal, tank, control. On the other hand if the mechanics make teaming more fun, robust, and enjoyable guess what? I will team 95% of the time. Friends, pickup groups, sg mates or whatever I love teaming. Coh had it right. you couldn't do it all: so help was needed and to a high degree preferred. To answer the question about solo % now it's too early to tell.
Never say too much; always say enough. :roll:

Turtlesandwich

Postby Turtlesandwich » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:12 pm

What about xp. Do you get bonus xp for teams or was that down to harder missions? It was always quicker to level teaming than soloing.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:12 pm

There was a poll about this quite a ways back. 25% to 35% bonus XP in teams seemed to be the consensus, although that may change in beta.

CoH gave (I think) a 60% XP boost in a full team, that was split 8 ways. The larger mobs more than made up for the reduced XP per kill.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:58 pm

There was a poll about this quite a ways back. 25% to 35% bonus XP in teams seemed to be the consensus, although that may change in beta.

CoH gave (I think) a 60% XP boost in a full team, that was split 8 ways. The larger mobs more than made up for the reduced XP per kill.
I am a fan of simple rules when math is involved. I feel that there should be a 10% bonus for every player in a team (non-solo).
Doubling the XP for a ten person team would help encourage players to use their supergroup and for large pick-up-groups to be more enticing.
This would make it so that inviting new players onto a team would be worth it for the extra XP.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:53 am

There will be a bonus for being on a team. One thing we are looking at is adding a small bonus for leading a team. In many games I've seen places where team form filled with people who would like to team, but are apparently too shy to speak up. In COH, I used to form teams every day. It's fun. And we would want to encourage people to form them. So maybe 2% for forming and leading the team? What do you guys think?

Alternatively, perhaps some badge for forming 100 teams...hmmm.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:33 am

There will be a bonus for being on a team. One thing we are looking at is adding a small bonus for leading a team. In many games I've seen places where team form filled with people who would like to team, but are apparently too shy to speak up. In COH, I used to form teams every day. It's fun. And we would want to encourage people to form them. So maybe 2% for forming and leading the team? What do you guys think?

Alternatively, perhaps some badge for forming 100 teams...hmmm.
I don't like the bonus Idea for team lead. IMHO team lead shouldn't make more experience than anyone else on the team. if you are always teaming with the same people and start out leveling them...

I do however love the badge idea.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Return to “Polling Discussion”