What fraction of your time will be spent on SOLO play?

lunawisp

What fraction of your time will be spent on SOLO play?

Postby lunawisp » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:59 am

Assuming you split your time between team play and solo play, what fraction will be spent on SOLO play?

Now that is a tough one to answer. I'd prefer to team up with like minded people whenever I can but since most are in the US and I'm on the other side of the Atlantic, that might not always be possible. Having said that, I do like to go it alone sometimes... depends on my mood. So that's about as vague as I can make it lol

I actually selected 10-30%, but that may be wishful thinking.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Re: What fraction of your time will be spent on SOLO play?

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:56 am

Assuming you split your time between team play and solo play, what fraction will be spent on SOLO play?

Now that is a tough one to answer. I'd prefer to team up with like minded people whenever I can but since most are in the US and I'm on the other side of the Atlantic, that might not always be possible. Having said that, I do like to go it alone sometimes... depends on my mood. So that's about as vague as I can make it lol

I actually selected 10-30%, but that may be wishful thinking.
well since we are both on the same side of the atlantic there are at least three of us now :) (from whom I know that) - but I know what you mean - if there are people I like or the possibility of a nice contact I will always team up - if not, well I know how to keep myself busy ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Zagadka

Postby Zagadka » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:03 am

I am a heavy MMO player, but I really hate pickup groups... so I tend to solo a lot more than most people, and only do groups and raids with a guild/org/friends. I feel that there should be a solo path through every section of the game, alongside a more robust team side if you prefer.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:08 am

• less than 10%
  • 10-30%
  • 30-70%
  • More than 70%
  • It’s too early to tell
I went 30-70% I've got nothing against teaming but many times none of my friends are online and end up soloing or I'm feeling antisocial :/

I do remember soloing quite a bit in CoH, but some of my best times are when I was playing with friends.

I would gladly team with anyone here, I think that would be a blast, and I'd go out of my way to team.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Red5

Postby Red5 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:21 am

• less than 10%
  • 10-30%
  • 30-70%
  • More than 70%
  • It’s too early to tell
I went 30-70% I've got nothing against teaming but many times none of my friends are online and end up soloing or I'm feeling antisocial :/

I do remember soloing quite a bit in CoH, but some of my best times are when I was playing with friends.

I would gladly team with anyone here, I think that would be a blast, and I'd go out of my way to team.
Almost my exact thoughts on topic. I will add for myself...might be a tad too early to tell. Since I tend to work grave yard shifts and on weekends I know I will solo a lot. I honestly don't know where I will be when the game becomes available. When I was younger I had 12 hours* to play and could catch groups much easier. Now in life...be lucky to get a good 2 hours in*

*talking daily
...reporting in.

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:32 am

• less than 10%
  • 10-30%
  • 30-70%
  • More than 70%
  • It’s too early to tell

Almost my exact thoughts on topic. I will add for myself...might be a tad too early to tell. Since I tend to work grave yard shifts and on weekends I know I will solo a lot. I honestly don't know where I will be when the game becomes available. When I was younger I had 12 hours* to play and could catch groups much easier. Now in life...be lucky to get a good 2 hours in*

*talking daily
same here - when I was younger I was either single or worked on shift duty and had a lot of time to spend; now I have a wife who is at home the same time as me and has no interest in Computer Games. So I will still play, because I won´t change myself completely just because she doesn´t see what I see but still partnership means compromise in cases of differences (otherwise you don´t need a partner) and that means only so and so many hours a week (which probably will also force me to play solo more than I would like to)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

TheAmazingFezz

Postby TheAmazingFezz » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:40 am

While it feels like I spend most of my time teaming, the truth is probably around 70 or 80 percent solo.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:52 am

Golden Ace said it pretty well, I solo when I can't get a team, but I am usually looking for a team. That range of 30-70% fits me like a tee.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Zagadka

Postby Zagadka » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:34 pm

The progress of available gear/items (however it works out) should be that soloing is doable, but team missions, raids, etc provide a higher tier of performance. One should be ABLE to solo, but have an advantage with a team.

Red5

Postby Red5 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:48 pm

The progress of available gear/items (however it works out) should be that soloing is doable, but team missions, raids, etc provide a higher tier of performance. One should be ABLE to solo, but have an advantage with a team.
This is w/o a doubt the over all goal and is known :mrgreen: But yes, does beg the question of why this particular poll was made.

*shrugs*

asked and answered is all I can say :geek:
...reporting in.

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:59 pm

With CoH, I was never able to get my group of friends that collected comics to play so I mostly teamed with people I didn't know. I think I would mostly solo but once in a while would be in the mood to team. The factor that would encourage teaming for me more would be if I could get a super group going of regulars that I could mission with. Again referencing my House of Cards dream group.
Last edited by Warhead on Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:59 pm

But yes, does beg the question of why this particular poll was made.
Because they ran out of all the good questions and are grabbing at anything else to ask.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:01 pm

A question like this helps determine the quantity and types of mission they will be developing, so yeah, it's important!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:28 pm

I will probably go solo about 50% of the time. But by favorite sessions are the ones with my wife.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:35 pm

I'm pretty certain now that my main is going to be a healer so, unless SoH is very different to CoH, while soloing will be possible it won't be easy. Hence my hope that I'll be able to team up more often than not. Hopefully we can avoid the City of Controllers saga that made defenders in CoH less desirable!
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Return to “Polling Discussion”