Personal Vehicles

Re: Personal Vehicles

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:27 am

Avatar PDM ... your statement ...

It just brought back a flood of memories of when My sons were infants ... i never got more than 4 hours of sleep ... and you warmed my heart to here you say " you will support your wife " ... and that to me is a real hero...
thank you for that but I actually do believe that is what a partnership should be about - being there for each other no matter what - and besides a child is not just something which concerns the mother.
I did my part for it too and want to share what I can with it so it knows where it belongs to and on whom he can rely on. I believe that is important and relationship and bonds are being created at the beginning of a life - so I help giving my wife a break and take my responsibility as a father - for me thats just a question of doing the right, if that needs heroism - I guess I will find out ;) (you know theory and reality will probably hit me in the face pretty soon ;) )
The first month is the hardest. sleep is a hard to come by commodity. the baby is crying, and needs fed, or changed constantly, or the baby had been quiet too long and your imagination takes you places you don't want to go and you get scared and have to go check on him. either way you lose sleep. finally the baby starts sleeping at night and you get more than a few hours of sleep. That's in month two or three. depends on the kids.

then there are the baby's that sleep all night long and never cry. Sorry that the dream you will dream when you finally get some sleep.
I am looking forward to it :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:26 am

I am looking forward to it :)
you will make your offspring very proud to have you as their DAD ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:35 pm

You're all nutters :D I will never understand why people voluntarily do that to themselves but hey, each to their own :)
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:03 am

You're all nutters :D I will never understand why people voluntarily do that to themselves but hey, each to their own :)
you are talking about vehicles or about families?
Lets just say the work has its benefits. You know, as I see it, a life which you just live for yourself and that ends someday without having an impact is kind of pointless. And the best impact you can have is by passing on, what you believe is right and wrong and you know I believe in small steps to make a better world :). Of course you can have influence on other ways too but they are way more restricted because the emotional bond is lacking or less intense. And by the way I truly believe that there are one of a kind experiences you can make. the good ones and the bad ones - of course the bad ones most could live without but they are what make as good! Because anyone can be a good person in a nice enviroment with a perfect live. What makes it special are the complications - they are the fire which forges the iron. And you know, I am still kind of a child myself ;) so I am really looking forward on learning together, playing (my wife kind of looking strange when I play with Lego ;) ) and experiencing the world and life through the eyes of a child :). So of course it has its restrictions, taking away, time, money and nerves but it gives back way more as I see it - but hey thats just my point of view ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:54 am

Lets just say the work has its benefits. You know, as I see it, a life which you just live for yourself and that ends someday without having an impact is kind of pointless. And the best impact you can have is by passing on, what you believe is right and wrong and you know I believe in small steps to make a better world :). Of course you can have influence on other ways too but they are way more restricted because the emotional bond is lacking or less intense. And by the way I truly believe that there are one of a kind experiences you can make. the good ones and the bad ones - of course the bad ones most could live without but they are what make as good! Because anyone can be a good person in a nice enviroment with a perfect live. What makes it special are the complications - they are the fire which forges the iron. And you know, I am still kind of a child myself ;) so I am really looking forward on learning together, playing (my wife kind of looking strange when I play with Lego ;) ) and experiencing the world and life through the eyes of a child :). So of course it has its restrictions, taking away, time, money and nerves but it gives back way more as I see it - but hey thats just my point of view ;)
as for still being a child at heart it means that you are in good company all of us here. we all have that inner child and myself I never want to lose that. of course my inner child is clad in golden armor, has ice powers and beats the crap out of bad guys. I have a violent inner child. :D
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

PowerAce

Postby PowerAce » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:25 pm

I couldn’t have said it better myself. Inner child? Check! :) I have two brand new grand daughters 1.5 years and 3 weeks who are some of the greatest joys for me. I look forward to teaching them about the stars and planets and the universe. And maybe some day they will play SoH while I play support for them until they’re ready to take on control or support. Or really support them in whatever they want to do in life and pass along what I know.

It’s all good. :)
It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be.

PowerAce

Postby PowerAce » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:27 pm

And now for something completely different...

"Flash! Aahhhhhhh ahhhhhhh!!!" :D
It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be.

WRThore

Postby WRThore » Tue May 01, 2018 11:28 am

I love the idea of being a rich businessman in my own personal plane :ugeek:

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Tue May 01, 2018 3:00 pm

CO had them. The more I think about, the more I think CoX was simply a nostalgia fest, and CO was the true complete mmo. I mean that game has everything.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue May 01, 2018 3:06 pm

Think what you will, you said yourself you never played.

and having played both I found CO wanting. had CO filled the shoes of CoH, successor MMO's wouldn't be out there.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue May 01, 2018 9:28 pm

WRThore you said ...
I can't rap my mind around the thought of a "Personal Plane " ... inside the " FHS Justice " ... ruff estimates are the inside diameter is approximately 3 miles ... not much room for the plane to take off and land ... and where are you going to fly ???

I would like to remind you that there will be personal " Jet Packs " that can be made or bought at the start of the game at launch ...
could this take the place of a " Personal Plane " ???
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed May 02, 2018 7:31 am

WRThore you said ...
I can't rap my mind around the thought of a "Personal Plane " ... inside the " FHS Justice " ... ruff estimates are the inside diameter is approximately 3 miles ... not much room for the plane to take off and land ... and where are you going to fly ???

I would like to remind you that there will be personal " Jet Packs " that can be made or bought at the start of the game at launch ...
could this take the place of a " Personal Plane " ???
maybe you could leave the ship for short planet trips ;)

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed May 02, 2018 7:33 am

as for still being a child at heart it means that you are in good company all of us here. we all have that inner child and myself I never want to lose that. of course my inner child is clad in golden armor, has ice powers and beats the crap out of bad guys. I have a violent inner child. :D
Yes I can really picture that - you are really a bad child and well with the fashion statement I guess there can be help ;)

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed May 02, 2018 7:40 am

I couldn’t have said it better myself. Inner child? Check! :) I have two brand new grand daughters 1.5 years and 3 weeks who are some of the greatest joys for me. I look forward to teaching them about the stars and planets and the universe. And maybe some day they will play SoH while I play support for them until they’re ready to take on control or support. Or really support them in whatever they want to do in life and pass along what I know.

It’s all good. :)
sounds like the next generation of players is secure ;).
Yes, the part with the stars I can really relate with that. Taking time and thinking about that part of creation brings back the right perspective and priorities in questions of life. The last part is really what I believe makes life interesting.
You know, some may now question my point of view and certainly quite a few will not agree, but I truly believe in a higher power because if everything would be coincidence than everything would be meaningless too. Just because than we all would be just a piece of sand in the desert of infinity and a short blink of an eye in eternity which appears from nowhere and disappears without any impression and meaning in the same nothingness. So everything is kind of pointless - and that is something which the Universe is great for - giving an impression of the perfection there is in everything from the biggest thing to the tiniest aspect everything is perfectly balanced beauty (with exception of the human mind ;) )

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed May 02, 2018 7:45 am

CO had them. The more I think about, the more I think CoX was simply a nostalgia fest, and CO was the true complete mmo. I mean that game has everything.
except endurable graphics ;)
I won´t go on with that discussion about CO being better or not, it basically is a question of taste and if I understood right you do not have the insight about what made CoH the game it was anyway which limits the possibilites since you cannot (that is not meant in a bad way but just stating a fact without any judgment) grasp the emotional aspect it has for those who played. I just ask you to accept that there is a community out there which liked the concept and surroundings of CoH a great deal and they didn´t find their home at CO (I tried CO out myself and couldn´t find it in myself to like it). CO may have a great deal of creative freedom (which I won´t deny) but its art-work destroys it all for me immidiately making the creative benefits worthless for my personal taste. That remains a question of taste and I am happy for you feeling that the game has all for you but I farely doubt that you will find many people around here who share that opinion though CO is just too much Cartoon for most CoH fans. If they ever end up putting on a bearable graphic it may get interesting but not how it is now because gaming is not just about tools it is a visual concept.

Return to “Polling Discussion”