Personal Vehicles

A1fighter

Re: Personal Vehicles

Postby A1fighter » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:20 pm

Not all heroes are meta. Bats used a jet and bike to get around. Vehicles are actually essential. Unless we are assuming everyone is meta origins. Even the X-men used the Blackbird.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:09 pm

For the most part, the heroes on the Justice are the progeny of heroes, or are magic users, or have been altered by exposure to Unobtainium to have super powers. There may be a few tech heroes out there, but according to the lore they will be in the minority. The Justice Corps uses powered armor and advanced weapons to keep the peace, and there likely would not be many tech based heroes that are superior to the Justice Corps.

That is just based on the lore. People can make their heroes however they want, of course.

Personal vehicles (other than jet packs) probably won't be in the game for a while, although the team may surprise us.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:22 pm

I'm still voteing trains first ...
One of my favorite things to do is go to the train station in atlas and go to the train exit and watch all the peeps try to get on the train from the exit door and then post in general chat " The train's not working " ( their is just a little evil in me to watch this and laugh )
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Penniguin

Postby Penniguin » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:27 pm

I'm still voteing trains first ...
One of my favorite things to do is go to the train station in atlas and go to the train exit and watch all the peeps try to get on the train from the exit door and then post in general chat " The train's not working " ( their is just a little evil in me to watch this and laugh )
Lol, yep that was me :roll:

on the flip side, playing games after CoH, I would go up to a door and click on and then just stand there, expecting my character to AUTOMATICALLY run in. I would think to myself, good golly, this game has a long load time! :oops:
I am gonna need to stop for coffee before we head out for the battle. 8-)

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:13 am

For the most part, the heroes on the Justice are the progeny of heroes, or are magic users, or have been altered by exposure to Unobtainium to have super powers. There may be a few tech heroes out there, but according to the lore they will be in the minority. The Justice Corps uses powered armor and advanced weapons to keep the peace, and there likely would not be many tech based heroes that are superior to the Justice Corps.

That is just based on the lore. People can make their heroes however they want, of course.

Personal vehicles (other than jet packs) probably won't be in the game for a while, although the team may surprise us.
Still I believe A1has a point. I mean of course Justice Corps has its regulations and it doesn´t make sense that it will be possible for a non-powered character to become a member. But I believe that the game leaves it open in that matter of aspect, that you can still be a hero in your own terms by just helping out and if you are an engineer and tech is all you are good with - why not use it if you feel the urge to help people? I don´t really picture the JC being jealous and will forbid people to play hero when not having their badge - or am I seeing that wrong? Oh and of course you don´t necessarily seem to have to play a hero - I mean when you can work as a mercenary and stuff like that - that doesn´t sound like typical hero-work - so I guess a created character can also use the shades of character.
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:28 pm

Healy
you have your email disabled. I couldn't reply. Most welcome. More than happy to help if you have any questions.

GA
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:15 pm

Hummm let the think " personal transportation " hummmm .....

:? there is flight ... Super Speed ... teleport ... jet packs ...i'll be happy with this assortment at first launch and ...
i'll be excited for other forms of transportation to come later ... I don't want to hold up the development putting to much into the DEV's basket it just may slow or even delay the launch ... nope ... don't want that ...

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:30 am

Hummm let the think " personal transportation " hummmm .....

:? there is flight ... Super Speed ... teleport ... jet packs ...i'll be happy with this assortment at first launch and ...
i'll be excited for other forms of transportation to come later ... I don't want to hold up the development putting to much into the DEV's basket it just may slow or even delay the launch ... nope ... don't want that ...
you got a point here!
better starting earlier and looking forward to a steady stream of inventions and improvements ;)
And I definitely do want it to start this year - I mean it won´t be that long anymore when I have to stay home to take care of my child (as soon as it will be born I will support my wife at home) so I need something to fill the time when he sleeps ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:52 am

it won´t be that long anymore when I have to stay home to take care of my child (as soon as it will be born I will support my wife at home) so I need something to fill the time when he sleeps ;)

you poor misguided man. :/

:D

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:44 am

it won´t be that long anymore when I have to stay home to take care of my child (as soon as it will be born I will support my wife at home) so I need something to fill the time when he sleeps ;)

you poor misguided man. :/

:D
what is so misguided in planning to play SoH in advance ;)

finlania

Postby finlania » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:29 pm

I like the idea of a public transit for low level avatars that are still slow and may take a long time to get from A to B. That should always be a necessary growing pain for noobs. I think a bus with a pre selected route through one of the longer cities would be cool. So maybe it doesnt take you exactly where you want, but maybe it runs an "L" route that gets you halfway to where you want to go quickly.

I also thin it would be cool to have a zipline set up in some places. either as a pre-existing fixed structure on one of the cities, or perhaps it can be a temporary power like a grapling hook that allows you to use it in certain cities with the only requirement being that you aim from a high building to a low building...

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:05 pm

Avatar PDM ... your statement ...
I mean it won´t be that long anymore when I have to stay home to take care of my child (as soon as it will be born I will support my wife at home) so I need something to fill the time when he sleeps ;)
It just brought back a flood of memories of when My sons were infants ... i never got more than 4 hours of sleep ... and you warmed my heart to here you say " you will support your wife " ... and that to me is a real hero...

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:12 pm

I mean it won´t be that long anymore when I have to stay home to take care of my child (as soon as it will be born I will support my wife at home) so I need something to fill the time when he sleeps ;)
It just brought back a flood of memories of when My sons were infants ... i never got more than 4 hours of sleep ... and you warmed my heart to here you say " you will support your wife " ... and that to me is a real hero...
Penni what have we said about posting on Eulb's account? :(
Last edited by Golden Ace on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:20 am

thank you for that but I actually do believe that is what a partnership should be about - being there for each other no matter what - and besides a child is not just something which concerns the mother.
I did my part for it too and want to share what I can with it so it knows where it belongs to and on whom he can rely on. I believe that is important and relationship and bonds are being created at the beginning of a life - so I help giving my wife a break and take my responsibility as a father - for me thats just a question of doing the right, if that needs heroism - I guess I will find out ;) (you know theory and reality will probably hit me in the face pretty soon ;) )

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:58 am

thank you for that but I actually do believe that is what a partnership should be about - being there for each other no matter what - and besides a child is not just something which concerns the mother.
I did my part for it too and want to share what I can with it so it knows where it belongs to and on whom he can rely on. I believe that is important and relationship and bonds are being created at the beginning of a life - so I help giving my wife a break and take my responsibility as a father - for me thats just a question of doing the right, if that needs heroism - I guess I will find out ;) (you know theory and reality will probably hit me in the face pretty soon ;) )
The first month is the hardest. sleep is a hard to come by commodity. the baby is crying, and needs fed, or changed constantly, or the baby had been quiet too long and your imagination takes you places you don't want to go and you get scared and have to go check on him. either way you lose sleep. finally the baby starts sleeping at night and you get more than a few hours of sleep. That's in month two or three. depends on the kids.

then there are the baby's that sleep all night long and never cry. Sorry that the dream you will dream when you finally get some sleep.

Return to “Polling Discussion”