Personal Vehicles

lunawisp

Personal Vehicles

Postby lunawisp » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:31 am

I had to vote for motorcycles on that one. Every hero needs a big bike!
One with wheels though, not those airborne monstrosities they put in CO!
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Golden Ace

Re: Personal Vehicles

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:49 am

Right now, personal vehicles are not planned for SoH. But if any vehicles were usable by players, which kind would you want to see first?

1. Personal motorcycles
  2. Personal cars
  3. Public trains
  4. Public buses
  5. Taxis
  6. Flying taxis or similar
  7. Something else – tell us on the forums

I went with a flying taxi - mostly because of the fifth element.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Zagadka

Postby Zagadka » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:00 am

I think that CoH nailed it. Easy transit between map sectors, and with personal travel powers, having a vehicle is rather superfluous, a vanity item as much as anything. I'd be OK with vehicles eventually added, but I think you need to start with a baseline mass transit system to open everything up.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:30 am

Motorbikes! Hoverbikes would be my first choice. Something that is faster than flight, but you cannot attack while you are riding.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

-Jo

Postby -Jo » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:18 pm

I'd like to see Jet packs! Like the Different temp power ones in City of Heroes i.e. the Winter Event one, Sky Raiders, and Goldbrickers. Another one I'd like to see is the Zero-G pack that let you jump around. They aren't traditional vehicles but they are a mode of travel.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:21 pm

I'd like to see Jet packs! Like the Different temp power ones in City of Heroes i.e. the Winter Event one, Sky Raiders, and Goldbrickers. Another one I'd like to see is the Zero-G pack that let you jump around. They aren't traditional vehicles but they are a mode of travel.
I had forgotten the name of the Zero-G Pack. but yes it is a must when it comes to temporary powers including all the jet packs.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:05 pm

I think the futuristic element needs to be captured seeing that it is so far out in the future. But this would be as an alternate variation for flight. Like a hover disk . Otherwise, the public transportation and travel powers seem fine to me.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:12 pm

The jet packs will be in the game at release. Consultant stated that they wanted to make sure that some form of flight was available, even if you took a different travel power.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:07 pm

Goldbricks were my favorite villains. Too bad they did not get much love on the Atlas Park side.
I get the feeling that jet packs will be craftable.

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:10 pm

I had to vote for motorcycles on that one. Every hero needs a big bike!
One with wheels though, not those airborne monstrosities they put in CO!
Motorcycles are a staple of comics. One thing I do not like in games is when mounts clutter up the place. I hope SOH makes sure motorcycles disappear when the rider gets off.

Strife3

Postby Strife3 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:31 pm

Ive taken some time to think on this and the list is a good one but I feel that it needs to have restrictions and things like that.

Personal motorcycles and Personal cars - Seeing as it's in space it should be hover, letting you go fast and tie travel powers into Them

Motorcycle and Car = Speed
Hover = Hover speed
Jet Pack or Personal Plane = Fight
Jumping Machine - Jumping

An Idea for teleporters outside a base type porter. Give a player 12 spots t mark as teleports spots. they can port to these spots from anywhere.

Public trains - These move heroes from zone to zone like in CoH
Public buses - Not Needed.
Taxis - Not needed
Flying taxis - These take heroes to other domes.

Adman123

Postby Adman123 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:42 pm

Gliders and Hover boards would be dope. Also the ability to swing like Spider-Man or Daredevil would be great. Rocket boots/hand repulsers like Iron Man would be fun.
From CoH -> to SoH :D

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:16 pm

I went for flying taxi just for the weird, unique feel.

Pyrion

Postby Pyrion » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:51 am

Flying trains on invisible rails!

Should be a nice vista while traveling. And it would be nice if the journey is "real" with a real cabin that travels. It should be pretty fast so that people actually use it.

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:23 am

I am all for personal vehicles
what I am not sure about is, if that is about travel tools and equipment or about or vehicles as if sitting in or on something.
With travelling in general I would like those (more or less as I think) easy variations:
One is the Jet Pack or something similar (as it is alreay planned as I heard) and a Hoverboard or Discs (I am thinking about something like the Silver Surfer has or (I am being complicated again ;) ) like Terrax (who surfs on a piece of Rock) or Mr. Miracle (has those nice Discs ;) ).
With those tools one should still be able to do aerial combat.
The other one (now to the things I would see as personal vehicles) is the more complicated part as I would guess would be those machines to sit on or in. Here, of course it would be nice to have Retro-Style stuff available too (like cars, motorciycles, Pegasi, Dragons and things like that) but first I would say the fitting stuff for a space ship would be future design. So a Motorcicle would have to fly, same as a car (so general design, just without or with withdrawable tires). Or a little spacecraft (plane like thing) would surely be cool (anyone knows Saber Rider? That Cowboy has something I was thinking about just now), or Gliders.
Those would be, as somebody here (I think) mentioned, travel equipment in which one cannot fight. Though I don´t think that it necessarily has to go faster (I mean, that would make Speedster really get complexes if a car can surpass them ;) ) it surely has to have some advantage. Maybe it helps you set beacons for teleport or has some kind of mobile laboratory or crafts equipment on it or with it you have direct connection to your storage area in your base (like a little space bender which lets you grab from wherever you are right into your storage place) or has some kind of shielding which keeps you from being harmed or seen (stealth) immidiately. Ah all those nice possiblities :roll: :D
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Return to “Polling Discussion”