What should you be able to make from salvage?

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:46 pm

1. Temporary Powers
  2. Base items (storage units, display items, teleport chambers, etc)
  3. Costume pieces
  4. Inspirations
  5. Weapons
  6. Augments
  7. Other - please explain on the forums.
I had to go with all. including other. the other being an upgrade to an existing weapon or temp power.

My thought is we should have very versatile salvage where the same three pieces of salvage could possible make 2 or three similar but different things. you just need to learn how to do it - i.e. learn the recipe. We should also have lots of different salvage that is collectible, and be able to make more complex recipes as you level where you will need pieces of salvage that you combine into other pieces of salvage that you combine into the high level X power/Augment / etc.

you want an upgraded inspiration use the salvage to make that inspiration and use an existing inspiration to make the next larger one and so on.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Blue Yankee

Re: What should you be able to make from salvage?

Postby Blue Yankee » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:04 pm

My primary request for crafting, is for crafting to be fast and simple.

Please do not create a crazy variety of components (the number of components for COH level 50 enhancements was perfect).
Please make it easy to sort and organize inventory (personal inventory, lair inventory, super group inventory, etc).
Please make knowledge of learned recipes permanent.
Please make crafted augmentations for powers permanent (but not global buffs, temporary powers).
Please make it easy to see what I can craft, and what I nearly have enough components for.

As for what to be able to craft, here is the order of my wish list:
augmentations
base items
temporary powers
inspirations
weapons
costume pieces
robot sidekick
pets

Crafting is a low priority for me, I would be perfectly happy if crafting got into the game after launch.

I would love to see temporary powers that enable me to fill-in as weak versions of another archetype (such as temporary ranged powers so my brawler can be the devastator when we do not have one).

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:34 pm

My focus was on the things that are more combat related - Augments and Weapons.

And of course, gotta make the character pretty! I also voted costume pieces.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:09 pm

I also had to select other and add pets/travel options
Being able to craft a rocket pack once and then refill it with craftable fuel would be awesome, for example.

Oh and I totally agree with simple crafting, simple organization (please not crazy storage needs, ugh!)

I think crafting mats should be plentiful and relatively easy to find, maybe make the recipes be the "rare" part; but not for important things. Enhancements, etc, we should start off knowing how to do, they effect gameplay. Cosmetic things should depend on a rarely dropped recipe to learn how to make!
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Strife3

Postby Strife3 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:31 pm

In City of Heroes the special Enhanceents you could make out of Salvage was a great thing and it made alot of in game money and I personally loved making things for my base and enhancements.. I had an Idea near the end of CoH. I was gonna put it on the forams when the game was closing down. that still erks me that they just shut down CoH. Ok Hear me out on this. It's Called the Power Set Salvage. It requires 3 pieces to use and these pieces will not drop, they have to be made. Gathering the Primary Piece, Secondary Piece and Sub Piece when clicked it unlocks Power Set Assembly. A new button appers on the character power select screen and it opens up the list of primary power, It lets you move powers into slots where you would like them but it would restrict from using Powers of a Blaster as a tank primary or say Stone Tank Granite armor at level 1. Once you pick your primary set you move to your secondary set and make the set then you move into the sub set which would be like the power pools from CoH. Once all the powers are picked the salvage and the button dissappers. To make another personal power set you need another set of salvage.
Let me give you an example
A tank of Ice and Firee
Blazing Aura + Iccicles
Burn + Ice Patch
Fire Sword + Ice Sword
Things like that.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:40 pm

I Vote that ... the salvage can be broken down into basic components at a crafting station ...
then we could use the components for any use ... given that ... what we are trying to craft ...
requires those components we got from that salvage we get in a drop ... after a fight ... ;)
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:55 pm

I want salvage to be usable for all of the choices listed. But I chose weapons, augments and costumes because if they can't get all of things they listed done, IMO these should be priority.

chaetophile

Postby chaetophile » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:44 am

The Secret World had a great salvage/crafting system. Anything that dropped could be deconstructed into base materials, which could then be constructed into new gear. Collected and banked base materials could be refined into smaller amounts of higher level materials, which could then be used to craft higher level gear. This allowed players to stay reasonably up to date on gear, and even bank up materials for upcoming levels. This would not be difficult to explain in Ship of Heroes terms, as the tech involved in constructing the ship interiors would suggest a strong ability to manipulate materials on a molecular or atomic level.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:18 am

I voted for:
Base items
Costume pieces
Augments

I think crafting should be a sideline that you can do if you wish. I don't want to see this become Ship of Crafting or for crafting to become something that you have to do in order to make any progress.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:51 am

Oh yeah, and temp powers... if they are going to be a big a factor in the game as I think, it would be awesome if we could make them!

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:27 am

Chaetophile good suggestion you posted ...
... Anything that dropped could be deconstructed into base materials, which could then be constructed into new gear. Collected and banked base materials could be refined into smaller amounts of higher level materials, which could then be used to craft higher level gear...
I like the Idea of " Base " material to be used for crafting other things ...
the Ship will use Aug's to boost your toons stats ... not the higher tear armor ... armor is just for your individuality look
but the base material can be used to boost the aug's stats ...
the base material can be used to craft temp powers ...
the base material can be used to craft inspirations to help in the fight

I like the Idea of " Stuff " that drops ... a Crafter can brake it down to " Base Material " to be used for what ever...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:44 am

Honestly I really love the idea of breaking down salvage to it's base materials and then building up from there.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Return to “Polling Discussion”