Hours to level 10 question

Eulb

Re: Hours to level 10 question

Postby Eulb » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:09 pm

For me it was not the lvl'n but the play and adventure ... after COH closed i went to EQ2 and found a slider bar the slow down the exp. earned i liked that hope the dev's install that here.
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Penniguin

Postby Penniguin » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:39 am

Yes, being able to slow or even stop the xp before you out level an area is nice. I often what to finish exploring and questing/mission-ing in area but if I out level everything and am able to sneeze on it to kill it, that is no fun. I know often you mentor/chrono down but even then, most often you are over powered.
I am gonna need to stop for coffee before we head out for the battle. 8-)

Codex

Postby Codex » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:43 pm

Was it level 28 or 32 when a regen scrapper could get IH (instant health) as a toggle before it was nerfed? Once I got that, the game was so much fun. My health bar would hardly move. I use to duo with a blaster a lot. He fell off a bridge in the Circle of Thorns map and got killed by aggroing a couple of groups. I jumped down, killed all the mobs, and he was amazed that my green bar never moved. I miss those days.
aka Backer 68

Flagwaver

Postby Flagwaver » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:40 am

I went toe to toe with a Broadsword/Regen Scrapper while on my Inv/SS Tank. We were both pinnacle builds before they became the norm. After two hours, we finally called it even. He couldn't get around my Inv and I couldn't get around his Regen. I think the most we ever did was get the other down to half.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

A bullet may have a name on it, but 20 pounds of C4 is more of a "to whom it may concern."

dead

Postby dead » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:36 pm

Will this game be able to avoid the farm requests from low level players? I thought the constant spamming for the TV farm(COV) was just the worst. I admit I don't like low levels, so I farmed with my VG. There has to be a way around it. Also, IIRC, the best power came at level 47, so why do I want to drag out the time it takes to get it? As a reward? I feel a reward should be for defeating dungeons, bosses, and actual game content. I want my powers now. I want to get the best gear and play the hardest content now. I don't want to have to spend a week fighting and sometimes dying to street trash that cons grey just so I can have a sense that I earned it. I will put the time (and $ if necessary) into the game.
I will admit that in COH, the AE glitch that made it capable to max level a character in an hour was awesome. I made alts I would have never tried because I wasn't sure it would work, I wouldn't like it, or they just couldn't take on end game content. From this exploit, I made some of my best alts. Now, I am not expecting anything like this at all, but I read someone talk about 3-4 months to max level a character and that is crazy. Will you assure me that no matter what powers I choose, they will be able to defeat end game content? They damn well better if I put three months of my free time into it.
I guess you have to decide what will be more important, the levels or the gear. If the best gear is next to impossible or the most time consuming to obtain, the leveling should not be the chore. The best content is usually at the end of the game as the devs make harder and harder content to challenge the players. I certainly don't want to have to wait three months to play it if I chose to roll a new character.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:29 pm

The farm requests were way worse once it went free-to-play. While I do understand the desire to get to max level to see if a build works (a common desire I had in Path of Exile), if the actual game is fun to play then just play it. Playing should be a journey, not a destination.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

suemccartin

Postby suemccartin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:49 pm

I hate rushed games where everything is handed to you on a silverplate (which, to be honest, CoH ended up doing).
As long as it's a fun and interesting game that gives you decent diversity for when you level up alts.

I want a game where levelling is JUST as important as the endgame, if not more so.

I got extremely bored by alt-levelling in SWTOR, but I'm having none of those problems with GW2. The fact that the maps are scaling you to level helps too.
Hissssss you mentioned one of the hated companies' products (it's sort of like mentioning Lord Vol---- in Harry Potter's world) shame on you, many spankings for you with a wet noodle, now sit in the corner no tv or mmo's for you for a week.

I hope we get something akin to the sewers that was quick leveling and a blast and the baddies got harder the deeper you went, of course getting out was fun because everything respawned. Most took the suicide express.

slacktech

Postby slacktech » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:24 pm

I think some options would be great.

I didn't mind going through content at 'normal' pace the first one or two characters in both sides of CoX, but I had no problem levelling up quickly after that (i.e. I didn't use the 'turn xp off' feature ever, because it was introduced well after I started playing and had a few characters on both sides by that time). I think players should have the option, though (but if they take the option, and they're not max level, I think they should get another bonus, like loot or in-game currency to compensate).

broxen

Postby broxen » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:07 am

The farm requests were way worse once it went free-to-play. While I do understand the desire to get to max level to see if a build works (a common desire I had in Path of Exile), if the actual game is fun to play then just play it. Playing should be a journey, not a destination.
This right here. The reason I enjoyed playing CoH is because I never really felt like I was grinding for the next level. The journey was enjoyable.

Had that same experience with GW2. I just never felt like I was working, just exploring levels, killing baddies and completing quests.

Hope this game captures that sense of adventure and natural progression.
-Broxen

Return to “Polling Discussion”