How do you feel about currently-released MMOs? - Poll

Golden Ace

How do you feel about currently-released MMOs? - Poll

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:34 am

How do you feel about currently-released MMOs?

• Very happy
  • A little happy
  • Kind of unhappy
  • I’m not playing any right now
  • I don’t have an opinion
Not playing any right now. none of them have been able to keep my interest for any length of time since CoH. I guess wow lasted the longest but as of now I'm not playing any of them and don't miss any of them. I miss CoH.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

GladDog

Re: How do you feel about currently-released MMOs? - Poll

Postby GladDog » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:12 am

I'm not happy with what is out there right now. I've been playing RPGs on my phone lately, but they are not a proper replacement for an MMORPG. I've considered re-upping SWTOR and DCUO just to have something to play, but I am pretty burned out on both.

I would play Pantheon if it did not take $100 to get into the investor alpha test (too much money for a game I would only play a few months before SOH went to Investor beta). And I would play Bless Online if it was... online...
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Serena

Postby Serena » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:19 pm

I am playing a couple of old mmo's, very casually. So my answer was "kind of unhappy", although I find enough happiness in RL that it doesn't really bother me.

But it would be fun to feel excited about an mmo again, so looking forward to SoH!
Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm.

Red5

Postby Red5 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:34 pm

I turned a blind eye when MMO's where doing the Skinner box or variable ratio reward schedule as a way to keep players paying to play.

But things took a turn with the micro transactions and what not under guise of free to play.

What also bothers me is that games used to be about fun*, now its seems more about getting the cool loots via Raids.

Problem I have with raids is, not that they are not fun, rather that more often than not once folks have the cool loot they stop raiding till the next new raid comes out.

I recently played Marvel Heroes (2015/2016/OMEGA) and was in several raid guilds and each of them followed the same 'ol rhythm of 'I got minez, get your ownz'

Wildstar before that wasn't much different for me imho.

IDK how to explain it. Just seems games (MMO) are not about fun anymore and more about hook'ing players for profit.

*=like if I bought a pogo stick...the joy came from the product in and of its self...if that makes any sense.
...reporting in.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:20 pm

I concur.

The makers of these games don't make these games because they will be fun, that's part of it, but they make them so they can make themselves money. Even SoH has that in mind. I'm not saying it's wrong, its not, but at some point game makers lose their vision and the game being fun becomes a much lesser concern over Profit, or balance, or heck you name it. Don't get me wrong I hope SoH does great and the Dev's get rich, but I also want them to remember why they are making the game in the first place.

So we, the players, can have fun.

or better yet so Golden Ace and Red 5 can have fun. :D

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:00 pm

I you are a hardcore super hero mmo gamer, you make not be happy at all lol. If you are a mmo gamer in general, we got a ton of quality titles to choose from; oddly, most of them are Asian/Korean based lol. BDO is the GOAT mmo atm.

I am happy with the gaming quality, but I feel like someone needs to be innovative and evolve the genre. Give us 4 limbs, various body types like mermaids, it is all the same, even in BDO. Create a humanoid, beat up on stuff.

Oh, & a pet creator is long overdue. It is about time we customize pets. Can't even do that in the CO, whom has the best character creator of all time.

Blue Djinn

Postby Blue Djinn » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:09 am

IDK how to explain it. Just seems games (MMO) are not about fun anymore and more about hook'ing players for profit.
Bingo!
In my heart of hearts that exactly how I feel. So many games have a "cool factor" that get me hooked. Its the usual combination of eye candy, game play mechanics....decent community. But I don't want a second/ third job. Seriously folks, I just want to crack open that beer/popcorn/cup of joe, put my feet up and HAVE A GOOD TIME!

I treat my games like movies. I watch movies for the escapism and that suspension of disbelief. Both of my parents were intellectuals. If I want to work at something I just pick up some non-fiction. If I am storming the castle I want the rush of jumping into the fray, but I also want to be in a place where I can laugh until I just about pee my pants.

The thing about CoH I enjoyed the most was the combination of the community and game allowing us to create that fun environment. Pets on Protest, Pocket D, sliding around on ice during combat, ARIEL combat (who didn't love Air Superiority?) Just flying around downtown, costume contests!

CoH was the only game that I've played where I could just go in and screw around on purpose. Its the only mmo my wife liked because you didn't have to be fighting, or doing missions, or trying to level up all the time.

Honestly, I just want to have fun!

Penniguin

Postby Penniguin » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:28 pm

There has not been a game I have been excited about in a while. Yeah, I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying. Some of the raids I have done in other games have been fun, but then so many of the players will not play unless they are raiding or will not group with you unless you are all decked out in raid gear....and forget playing anything that is not end game content. We tried some Korean games but good golly, between the micro transaction and the gamble of upgrade rolls.......I get better odds in Las Vegas. Eulb and I were reminiscing about the good ol' days. But it isn't just the game, its the peeps...the super group partying when you hit your first level 50 and sponsoring a costume contest in celebration. I remember stopping at Starbucks on the way home from work, rushing in to turn on the computer and meeting my buddies for and afternoon/evening of great adventures and lots of laugh. The SoH videos are stoking that fire again. I can't wait to be running the streets of Apotheosis with you guys soon, Starbucks in left hand, gaming mouse in right! ;)
I am gonna need to stop for coffee before we head out for the battle. 8-)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:38 pm

I can't wait to be running the streets of Apotheosis with you guys soon, Starbucks in left hand, gaming mouse in right! ;)
Don't spill your coffee again.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:19 pm

Do you guys know how much those coffees cost :x ...
I can't wait to be running the streets of Apotheosis with you guys soon, Starbucks in left hand, gaming mouse in right! ;)
Don't spill your coffee again.
she better be careful and not spill any... the clean-up bots are busy enough ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Turtlesandwich

Postby Turtlesandwich » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:54 pm

'I'm not playing anything right now'
Well i chose that and it's in the lead.
What does that say? Does it mean that soh is a focus of all the disgruntled players out there yearning for something different?

Acesahn

Postby Acesahn » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:33 pm

MMOs are pretty dead right now from my experience.

Strife3

Postby Strife3 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:40 pm

The MMO Circuit has gone down ever since CoH/CoV went offline, Everything including WoW has gone down hill becomming cookie cutter like. We need some fresh infusion and a Super Hero MMO will do it. I am playing FF14 but only an hour or so a day. I want something like COH again, task forces, group type missions. lots of power sets to play with, lots of end game content.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:44 pm

The MMO Circuit has gone down ever since CoH/CoV went offline, Everything including WoW has gone down hill becomming cookie cutter like. We need some fresh infusion and a Super Hero MMO will do it. I am playing FF14 but only an hour or so a day. I want something like COH again, task forces, group type missions. lots of power sets to play with, lots of end game content.
We are going to get there, but not right away. it's a small dev team, and they can only do so much.

Hopefully once the game goes live they will have enough money to outsource a few things and make new content come faster.

Strife3

Postby Strife3 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:52 pm

We are going to get there, but not right away. it's a small dev team, and they can only do so much.

Hopefully once the game goes live they will have enough money to outsource a few things and make new content come faster.
I understand that, As much as I want this to come out I want the game to come out right with as little bugs as possible and as much fun as the game has to offer.

Return to “Polling Discussion”