What do you expect to find in SoH that is missing from other MMOs?

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:42 am

• Positive community – teamwork and friendly
  • Truly powerful character creation
  • New/ better gameplay mechanics
  • Story and setting that are positive
  • Other – tell us in the forums

Multiple Choice so I went with everything but New/ better gameplay mechanics - frankly I'd be happy with the old CoH ones so that's not an issue for me.

but the most important thing for me is the Community.

then being able to make my character(s) how I envisioned them. so Character creation .

Then I want to enjoy playing them so Story settings that are positive.

and i also went with "other" it's a nostalgia thing you wouldn't understand unless you played CoH for a long time. SoH has it in spades.
Last edited by Golden Ace on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Galactus55

Re: What do you expect to find in SoH that is missing from other MMOs?

Postby Galactus55 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:54 am

What do you expect to find in SoH that is missing from other MMOs? - Poll

• Positive community – teamwork and friendly
  • Truly powerful character creation
  • New/ better gameplay mechanics
  • Story and setting that are positive
  • Other – tell us in the forums

Multiple Choice so I went with everything but New/ better gameplay mechanics

frankly I'd be happy with the old CoH ones so that's not an issue for me. but the most important thing for me is the Community.

then being able to make my character(s) how I envisioned them. so Character creation . then I want to enjoy playing them so Story settings that are positive. and i also went with other it's a nostalgia thing you wouldn't understand unless you played CoH for a long time. SoH has it in spades.
Bang on I agree 110% :D
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:21 am

Community is the thingy for me. The other stuff, yeah, I want it all, but most important is a positive community. Quite frankly, the community is why CoH is the game I played the longest.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

PowerAce

Postby PowerAce » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:32 am

Community is the thingy for me. The other stuff, yeah, I want it all, but most important is a positive community. Quite frankly, the community is why CoH is the game I played the longest.
Thanks for saying it, Glad! I feel the same. All of the ideas are nice to have and I feel we can count on the team to come up with some really cool things to add over time. But the community is the foundation on which all of it rests. You can have really cool stuff but a friendly and positive community willing to pitch in and help out is what makes you want to come back again and again.
It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be.

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:02 pm

I'll admit I haven't played too many MMO's since CoH but the ones I have never capture the community that CoH had. That played almost as much into my enjoyment as the great game features did.

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:19 pm

Well, considering a truly positive community will require a utopia; and since the humans behind the monitor are not living in that said utopia, a truly positive community is unrealistic. We appear positive now because only hardcore supporters are here, wait until the casuals come.

I made a thread on this, but I expect CoT and SoH to exceed the 2009, I repeat, 2009 mmo Champions Online in the character creation department. By the end of this year, I expect CO to pass the torch as the King of character creation.

It is crazy that after 8 years this game still reigns supreme as the ultimate character creator. CoT will have creature races, so for sure they will surpass CO from what i seen, imo.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:14 pm

I voted for a positive community because I think that's really important in an MMO and it's so hard to find these days. I think we're off to a pretty good start though, looking at the forum ;)

Having a subscription model will keep a lot of the troublesome people away, I think.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

DomiDayglow

Postby DomiDayglow » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:45 pm

I miss community too. In CoX, I remember being in a global channel with lots of fun and nice people. For teaming, I usually went there first where the players were nice and competent. Then empty team slots (another nice thing about having team sizes of 8!) were recruited from public searches. Occasionally some of those players from the public searches would be just like the people in the channel. The channel owners would invite them to join and, after a while, the chances of finding teammates there at any hour was good.

Strife3

Postby Strife3 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:51 pm

Like atleast half I am from City of Heroes, I loved the storyline to the game, it was fun but the on thing it was lacking is something most people dont seem to notice. Giving characters alittle more depth would be to give missions with no win situations and then given two opens. to do whats right or wrong. Do what is in some of the movies where even if you do things right the enemy still can win the day. Making alittle failure in the game could make the heroes better in the long run.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:00 pm

Like atleast half I am from City of Heroes, I loved the storyline to the game, it was fun but the on thing it was lacking is something most people dont seem to notice. Giving characters alittle more depth would be to give missions with no win situations and then given two opens. to do whats right or wrong. Do what is in some of the movies where even if you do things right the enemy still can win the day. Making alittle failure in the game could make the heroes better in the long run.
interesting. I like the idea. multiple possible outcomes for a mission. you have a choice, save the girl, or catch the villain. You can't do both.

oh that just connected to another memory.

Will the NPC's talk about us when we walk by?

NPC 1 "Hey it's Golden Ace! He caught Eulb and his henchwife Penniguin but he let that poor girl die. I hear her parents are going to sue him."

or

NPC 1 "Hey it's Golden Ace! he purposely let Eulb and his henchwife Penniguin go. I hear Hero Corps put him on double secret probation, and might take his hero card away. I thought Heroes were supposed to save people. Who's side is he on anyway?"
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Blue Djinn

Postby Blue Djinn » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:15 pm

Bump on the NPC chatter thing, and on the other items.

One thing I really liked about CoH was the fact that I didnt really grind at all for end game gear. I wasnt specced to the nth degree just to fight some aliens. The game was about the ability to play the game well, skill and not have to be maxed out just to do cookie cutter play styles as thats the only way to "win" the game. Pleh!

I also loved the lfg mechanic. The ability to post a note in a column was priceless. I guess I was fortunate or it was good design. But I for one enjoyed my pugs... not since CoH have I enjoyed a pug in a game. Lets know what we are getting BEFORE we team up please!

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:05 pm

I picked one, but in all honesty, I expect all of the above to be in the game...they were all equally important to me.

Melkiador

Postby Melkiador » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:22 pm

I clicked other, because I miss being able to make an all support team that's still pretty awesome.

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:26 pm

I hope SoH has a good PUG community.

doublelayout

Postby doublelayout » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:57 pm

The 3 MAJOR things I don't see in nearly all MMO's are the truly unique characters (ie. a powerful character creator), an emphasis on drawing teams and players together in quests, and great storytelling. One of the things i liked most about CoH was that people were always pulling in random strangers to help out on missions. The main MMO I play now is really more story line driven and I replay the missions just to immerse myself in the dialogue. I would love to see a great Hollywood script type storytelling or at least classic broken comic book heroes that have great backstories or tragedies that we are a part of.

Return to “Polling Discussion”