OK I give up

Basillica

OK I give up

Postby Basillica » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:47 pm

How does one get to .... wherever these are. :D

I have apparently exhausted all quests (??) including a bunch I got from someplace I shouldnt have been....

All I have are a permanent cycle of Choke Point over and over and Permanent Quarantine. I cannot progress past either (Assuming there is something after)

lunawisp

Re: OK I give up

Postby lunawisp » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:59 pm

There's a portal to the Snow Lair in the Beta Club. To get there, go south into the Hazard Zone, across the lake. Find a building with a radiation symbol on it, go down into the cave under that building (inside the building!)
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:59 pm

Warning, going in solo to snow lair will result in multiple deaths. If you're patient and tactical, it's still possible but very very difficult.
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Basillica

Postby Basillica » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:54 pm

I solo'd the whole thing.....for the most part. L14 Psychic/Nano Controller

The swam was not bad I gathered them all up under a building then flew up out of Melee. Froze their pathing and murdered.

The Last guy was a little absurd because he swapped into a mode where he could only be attacked by Ground AoE attacks...around 12K HP left.
Another player who was there on my 3rd attempt brought his Destroyer and made quick work of it.

Simply impossible for me where I would hit once maybe every 20-30 (or more) attacks.

Short answer is I cheated for most of it then simply hit a coding wall.....they cheated back at me and I needed help. :D
Thanks for the directions....I flew over that place several times previously and never noticed the door in.

Jedaiah

Postby Jedaiah » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:34 am

That is definitely an anomaly. Usually should be able to chip away at his health; done it on multiple supports, devastators, and even on a tank. But yeah, seems like the power sets aren't tuned properly, Fire Blast definitely seems a bit absurd compared to some of the other devastator power sets (my lightning devastator definitely takes much longer to kill the boss on the snow map). Eruption especially is kind of nuts. You can even shorten Eruption's cool down to 4 seconds (and Rain of Meteors' cool down to 3 seconds) by buying 8x technical recharges from the vendor outside the hospital (Eruption basically casts a Fireball every second for 5 seconds in AoE... kind of nutty...). Speaking of which, it seems like the powersets aren't balanced very well. Medical Nanites also seems kind of absurd, especially when the instant heal gives 15 regen for 30 seconds on a 15 second cool down and amplifier cloud gives both energy regen and damage boost on a 10 second cool down... Medical Nanites just straight up outclasses Mystical Healing, the other support power set focused on healing, energy regen, and damage boost. Also, psychic controller seems to be stronger than ice controller as well when I was trying out the two (Yeah, I was that level 7 psychic controller trying to kill the snow map boss with you until everything but crits started missing on the boss) On a side note, getting 8x technical recharges on your summon specter shortens the cool down to 24 seconds, and you'll be able to maintain having 3 specters up at the same time and have a fourth out for a short duration... so if there are high tier recharge augments (I haven't seen one yet, but the snow map boss can drop high tier augments), reducing a summon spell's cool down by 100% would be hilarious. Also, the tanking set with the all of the passives is kind of strong (the name is slipping my mind at the moment)... all of the survivability comes from passives, so that powerset literally doesn't die just by learning the powers.

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:26 am

If you were able to fly and stay in the air while fighting them, you got super super lucky. They have an attack that knocks you out of the air and onto your butt from a ridiculous range. When you're on your butt, they all charge you. I can usually time it to get back in the air just as the first hit points come off, so I survived. If you didn't get knocked out of the air, they changed something or it bugged.
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Return to “The Snow Lair Feedback”