Runs very poorly on my old CPU and more recent GPU

mattwo

Runs very poorly on my old CPU and more recent GPU

Postby mattwo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:19 pm

I'm on an AMD FX 4300 Quad Core with a NIVIDIA Geforce GT 710 (I got gypped by iBuypower because I paid too much attention to how new the GPU was that I didn't notice the CPU was so old) and I don't have the money to buy a new computer and I don't know how to mod the computer I'm currently using (I tried to wire my old hard drive to it but the connection was closed off so I had to buy a USB adapter).

Even at lower graphics settings, the framerate was in the 10s (which on its own isn't exactly the worst) and the camera turns WAY too fast. I'm not sure if the later issue is because of my specs though. Either way, the game was basically unplayable, used WAY too much memory (as such I couldn't multitask with firefox or use OBS) and seemed to be taxing even my GPU if the Windows 10 Task Manager was anything to go by (it showed the number going up into the 90%s and turning dark orange).

Edit: Also please move the minimap to an upper corner and default bind the map to the M key like basically every other MMO. I can't even change the keybinds other than the movement ones...

Edit 2: Also some costume options aren't properly colorable and the colors seem to arbitrarily reset at times when going through the costume options.

Dying Breath

Re: Runs very poorly on my old CPU and more recent GPU

Postby Dying Breath » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:20 am

I'll let one of the more tech savvy people give hardware advice.

For the camera, have you tried adjusting the mouse sensitivity (Menu > Settings > Interface)? If your mouse pointer isn't bouncing around due to low framerate, perhaps just adjusting the sensitivity will make it more playable.

I concur with the hotkey, but most of the UI is fully free floating, so just click and drag the map window wherever you want it. The resize handle for the map appears to be in the top left corner if you want to stretch or shrink it.

mattwo

Re: Runs very poorly on my old CPU and more recent GPU

Postby mattwo » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:08 am

For the camera, have you tried adjusting the mouse sensitivity (Menu > Settings > Interface)? If your mouse pointer isn't bouncing around due to low framerate, perhaps just adjusting the sensitivity will make it more playable.
No, the mouse sensitivity setting just makes my mouse way too slow, even if that did work, it's not a good balance. I checked and I'm not the only one who has this issue too. The first topic on this sub-board was about this.

Return to “Requested Improvements to SoH”