Game crashing when trying to enter world

Fate

Game crashing when trying to enter world

Postby Fate » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:05 pm

Every time I try to load into the game starts to use a lot of memory (going over 5.5 GB) and eventually it'll load into the starting area, sometimes showing other player characters and other times showing green circles where I'm guessing player characters are standing but haven't loaded in yet and after roughly a second the game will stop responding entirely and eventually give me the following error:
Assertion failed: (Index >=0) & (Index < ArrayNum)
[File e:\unrealengine-4.21\engine\source\runtime\core\public\Containers/Array.h] [Line 611]
Array Index out of bounds: 0 from an array of size 0
I couldn't get a screenshot as print screen wasn't working while the error was up, but the numbers in the error I copied above stayed the same every time. I've had no issues in character creation, I'm not sure the FPS I was getting, but everything felt smooth, it was just loading into the world where I've experienced a problem. I've tried changing resolution and v-sync is disabled, I couldn't find the System Settings option, but I'm guessing I have to load into the game to see it. I've also tried reinstalling both the UE4PrereqSetup in the Ship of Heroes directory, as well as deleting the game entirely and reinstalling from the file linked in the download email.

My system is:

CPU: Intel i5-3570K
Ram: 8GB
Video Card: Radeon HD 6950

Crimson-One

Re: Game crashing when trying to enter world

Postby Crimson-One » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:04 pm

I get the same message, and I was able to get a screenshot. :D

I was able to create a character, just can't enter the world.

CPU: Intel i7-3930K
RAM: 16GB
Video Card: Dual GTX 770

PC_Ferret

Postby PC_Ferret » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:04 pm

I can confirm that I have seen this twice (once Friday and once today) when logging in after hitting the Play button.

TheDevian

Postby TheDevian » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:13 pm

That is better than me, it crashes as soon as I try to start the launcher.

jefftr66

Postby jefftr66 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:25 pm

I seem to be stuck on

then it crashed - no error message

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:37 pm

Our lead coder has looked at this thread and he advises each of you to try log in again, assuming you have not succeeded yet. If it still does not work, please send us a contact form, and include your computer specs please.

Also, it is alway good to make sure you have more memory than the game appears to need, which is about 7 GB.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:02 am

If any of you still cannot get into the world, please submit a Contact Us form with your information and if you can access the log file in the crash folder of the game that could be helpful too.

Fate

Postby Fate » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:00 pm

I found a solution for this problem that worked for me and I'm now able to enter the game. I don't know the specifics on why this worked, but what I did was uninstall my video card's driver, reboot, reinstall the video card driver, and reboot one last time. After that the game started working and I was able to load in.

Return to “Other”