Special Events During the CCT Beta

Consultant

Special Events During the CCT Beta

Postby Consultant » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:40 pm

We plan to push a set of fixes tonight, which means we'll be testing in the real world (with all of you) how well the patching system works. This set of fixes actually has a lot in it, so we are pushing a bit.

Assuming it all goes well (or that we recover successfully in time), we plan to begin having events in Apotheosis City as part of the Beta, beginning tomorrow.

The plan is this (all times are US Eastern time Zone):

Sunday from 3:00 to 4:00 in the afternoon. Costume Contest in the first floor lobby of the hospital.

Tuesday evening from 7:00 to 8:00, Treasure Hunt in the city.

Thursday night from 7:00 to 8:00 Crush the Server Event in which we all jam into one instance, maybe with reduced graphics and see what FPS we get.

Friday, from 10 in the morning until noon, Closing Questions. You get to ask the devs anything, again under the Arch.

We're planning to send out reminder emails to everyone using the email address for the downloads and keys. But this is the information, all in one place.

Please join us for as many special events as you can!

Odee

Re: Special Events During the CCT Beta

Postby Odee » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:05 am

I hope they're Face and costume clipping issues addressed. Hair, beards, mustaches are clipped by skin when sizing upwards of face.
Hands and feet are way to small, for even standard art.
Major concern, that saved characters face changes from what was created, on entering game city.

More in depth whines to come
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Von

Postby Von » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:22 am

Getting on this morning (didn't get to test yesterday). The fixes aren't exactly "patching" but, rather, downloading the 6.6 gb CCT again. I have unlimited data and pretty fast DL speed, so it's not really an issue for me. Just a head's up in any case.
You can run, but you'll just die tired.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:33 am

Getting on this morning (didn't get to test yesterday). The fixes aren't exactly "patching" but, rather, downloading the 6.6 gb CCT again. I have unlimited data and pretty fast DL speed, so it's not really an issue for me. Just a head's up in any case.
That's odd. Patched for me. Downloaded just over 100Mb.

OK, scratch that. It's now downloading the whole thing again after that patch.
Last edited by lunawisp on Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Von

Postby Von » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:36 am

Might just be me. I used the first shortcut that was set on my desktop when I originally downloaded the installer.
You can run, but you'll just die tired.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:12 am

We pushed a big patch at about 10:30-ish eastern US time this morning.

We think this fixes most of what we saw yesterday, with hair, beards and skin, etc. Of course, there is always something...

We will hold the CC in the hospital today, which has baked lighting (like the CCT) so your characters will look like they do in the CCT. Lighting in the city will have to go into another patch. The hospital is huge, so it shouldn't be a problem, I think, and this gives us another liuttle measurement of what happens to FPS with a whole lot of people in one instanced map.

With my patch download, I just clicked the icon on my desktop. It took 3-4 minutes to download, no muss, no fuss.

Then it began extracting. I did nothing but wait. 5 minutes later it said it was ready to play. I clicked in and everything worked for me.

Now if that can just happen for 600 of my closest friends...

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:17 am

With my patch download, I just clicked the icon on my desktop. It took 3-4 minutes to download, no muss, no fuss.
Hmm, I don't think you can expect us all to be able to download 6.6GB in 3-4 minutes!
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Fate

Postby Fate » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:14 pm

My game is still crashing trying to enter the city that I posted about on the Other forum, so I'm unable to take part in the costume contest going on now, so I hope it's okay if I share my character here that I would've entered on if I could log in.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:56 am

That is a great character and costume.

I'm going to send you a PM so we can see what is keeping your character out of the city.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:20 am

Fate, do you know how to send us your crash logs?

We can take this offline if you are not familiar with the process. We want to get to the bottom of the problem you experienced. but if you are familiar with crash logs, can you send them to me?

olepi

Postby olepi » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:27 am

Hmm, I don't think you can expect us all to be able to download 6.6GB in 3-4 minutes!
At my pathetic DL speed, it takes about 4 hours to download the whole game again. So I missed the event yesterday.
2020: 43 years on the Net.

Fate

Postby Fate » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:12 pm

Fate, do you know how to send us your crash logs?

We can take this offline if you are not familiar with the process. We want to get to the bottom of the problem you experienced. but if you are familiar with crash logs, can you send them to me?
I used the contact form after you posted in the thread I started the other day. I got an email response and have sent crash logs from both before and after the patch yesterday to the email address that I got a response from. If you'd like me to send them in a different way I can.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:23 pm

No that should work. That is the process...I just wanted to make sure it was happening.

Return to “Comments about organization of the Beta”