New Details on Ship of Heroes Villain Groups

sensible

New Details on Ship of Heroes Villain Groups

Postby sensible » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:33 am

(by @sensible, aka Justin from the Ship of Heroes team) There were some great details about the villain groups on the FHS Justice revealed in last week's livestream. I just wanted to share some key points for those who missed it. I find it's always nice to have things written down - especially when the Consultant (Casey) is dropping bits of lore about these groups that are worth taking a look at.

Here are some villain group obervations taken from Ship of Heroes livestream with MMO writer Neith:

1. This is the first look at details of expanded villain group costumes showing four distinct villain groups in Ship of Heroes. The Villain Groups shown are: The Nagdellians, ruthless alien invaders bent on domination of the Justice; The Prometheans, a secret sect of Cyborg/Dark Magic Users that wish to create a super race of cybernetically-enhanced humans to rule the Justice; the Yekus Mercenary Clan, a widespread group of soldiers for hire that serve as muscle for the highest bidder; and The Red Sigil, a group of powerful magic users committed to revolutionary overthrow of the government of the Justice.

2. The Nagdellians have been expanded into four models, including enhanced soldiers, two Lieutenants, one with undisclosed super powers (one has the power to summon reinforcements); and the newly introduced Nagdellian Boss. Nagdellians have short life spans, little sense of individual identity, and a belief in the supremacy of their species over all intelligent life, including the denizens of the FHS Justice. They are capable of super powers in the higher levels of the rigidly hierarchical caste system, so Lieutenants and Bosses may exhibit super powers not yet known to the heroes. There are unconfirmed reports of Mastermind, Controller, and even Healing Nagdellians.

3. The Prometheans live and build their army, by abduction and a few foolish volunteers, from the safety of secret, inaccessible engineering access sublevels aboard the Justice, representing a serious threat to the Justice from within. A new Promethean powercaster is shown with full cerebral cybernetic integration, enhancements over both eyes, and strong modifications to both hands (one with mounted weapon, the other a magic infused hand that can be used for spellcasting and attacks). Devoted followers of the presumably deceased Dr. Cornish, they force the powers of science and magic to work together – a precarious balance of two diametrically opposed forces that can have unexpected, explosive results for the user. Many of the Prometheans are accomplished engineers and scientists, though the balance of chaotic magic and cybernetic enhancements seems to causes delusions, mania, and madness among their ranks.

4. The Yekus Mercenary Clan recruits members from all parts of the galaxy to create a large army of general muscle and soldiers that operate in multiple worlds. This is the first time the Yekus are shown in game – concept art was shown in October 2017. The line up of Yekus soldiers includes a Captain, with and without longcoat, and a super powered brawler with a cybernetic arm.

5. A new, body-conscious female hero costume has been introduced for heroes that wish to enter combat in non-restrictive and alluring style. This costume is specific to female characters and includes requests made in the Character Creator Alpha including thigh-high boots and elbow length gloves.

6. Heroic Games has an expanded costume creation process and is producing new costume pieces in preparation for the next round of Character Creator Alpha and Beta at the end of 2018.

7. All costumes and characters are created in UE4 and the Ship of Heroes Character Creator Tool. There are 5 to 10 individual costume pieces for each outfit and each is custom designed by our development team unless otherwise noted.

Ship of Heroes launches into Beta by end of the year, but it is boarding now! Visit the forums to support our game and keep up with the latest news in the development of this new, positive community and flexible, customizable, and fun-to-play sci-fi superhero MMORPG.

Golden Ace

Re: New Details on Ship of Heroes Villain Groups

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:09 pm

Wonderful post sensible. Dare I say it?

I do

That was very sensible of you. :D

once again Awesome post.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

sensible

Postby sensible » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:24 pm

:D

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:20 pm

I feel drawn to the Robot Bad-ees for all bad they can do with about compassion or remorse ... but the Yakus do have a good and bad side very interesting how are we going to tell those who are the betrayers ???
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Dying Breath

Postby Dying Breath » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:20 am

Just in case anyone hasn't seen... This morning I actually *did* get the newsletter highlighting this video. Kudos for fixing that particular glitch.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:51 am

Nice to see it all summarised like this, was very helpful in creating another post on my blog and I'll use it later to update the SoH Wiki that we're working on.

But...

There's no description for the Red Sigil on this post, it does exist on the page pointed to by the newsletter though (https://www.shipofheroes.com/the-soh-villains/), for those who are interested in reading a little about the secretive group.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
Super Heroes in Space, a blog about heroes, space and huge ships!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:34 am

I'd like to add that Positive Gamer just posted an excellent video about the Nagdellians based on this livestream, and his video gave me the idea to add a couple of points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgdkz6TTDcI

First, the original lieutenant (the second Nagdellian in the video) does have a gun. We just posed him for the livestream without it. Both he and the basic soldier are ranged damage characters, but the lieutenant can call in reinforcements. You could actually see that in our video from almost a year ago (Wow, time flies) called Sneak Peek at Combat.

We want to do something clever with the new lieutenant, but we don't have it coded yet, so we're waiting for a bit on that.

The big boss or Captain (in white) has now been finished and we are deciding on the color set we want for him. We're trying to make the Nagdellians stand out from each other a bit so that players have more than just height on which to assess enemy powers, and respond tactically. The boss is planned as a melee fighter who does a lot of damage and can take a lot as well. so he will be n assault leader. We have plans for other Nagdellians bosses with more of a psychic powers capability. and a super-boss.

As to how the Nagdellians enter the Justice (the ship has shields as well as a hull) -- both sides, them and us, have the ability to target an enemy ship and overload the shields in a small spot and then beam in small numbers of assault troops.. The portal closes though if the enemy cannot seize enough of the ship to shut down the shields from the inside. Hence the battles. Also, the Nagdellians, like others, want to raid and seize Unobtanium, and a success from even a single raid could justify ten more attempts. The Nagdellians don't worry about losing raiders.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:30 am

Awesome post Consultant! Thank you

The big boss or Captain (in white) has now been finished and we are deciding on the color set we want for him. We're trying to make the Nagdellians stand out from each other a bit so that players have more than just height on which to assess enemy powers, and respond tactically. The boss is planned as a melee fighter who does a lot of damage and can take a lot as well. so he will be n assault leader. We have plans for other Nagdellians bosses with more of a psychic powers capability. and a super-boss.
lets see Meelee, does a lot of damage, and can take it as well. well there you go you answered your own question. he should be Gold :D

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:32 pm

I am speculating on the " DILLIES " ( that positive gamer is calling them )... that they may might have a Portal gun that they can use to open a portal in-front of a hero that has been Mez-ed by the Dillie and the hero kept's walking into the portal and get transported to another part of the mission map.
Or the Portal gun can shoot a portal at a hero , engulfing that hero and sending that hero to another part of the mission map ...
just a thought :o :P :twisted:
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

positivegamer1

Postby positivegamer1 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:18 pm

I am speculating on the " DILLIES " ( that positive gamer is calling them )... that they may might have a Portal gun that they can use to open a portal in-front of a hero that has been Mez-ed by the Dillie and the hero kept's walking into the portal and get transported to another part of the mission map.
Or the Portal gun can shoot a portal at a hero , engulfing that hero and sending that hero to another part of the mission map ...
I love the "Dillies" shorthand! I might be the only one who calls them that in-game, but i'll have fun doing it!

sensible

Postby sensible » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:23 am

I'd like to add that Positive Gamer just posted an excellent video about the Nagdellians based on this livestream, and his video gave me the idea to add a couple of points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgdkz6TTDcI

First, the original lieutenant (the second Nagdellian in the video) does have a gun. We just posed him for the livestream without it. Both he and the basic soldier are ranged damage characters, but the lieutenant can call in reinforcements. You could actually see that in our video from almost a year ago (Wow, time flies) called Sneak Peek at Combat.

We want to do something clever with the new lieutenant, but we don't have it coded yet, so we're waiting for a bit on that.

As to how the Nagdellians enter the Justice (the ship has shields as well as a hull) -- both sides, them and us, have the ability to target an enemy ship and overload the shields in a small spot and then beam in small numbers of assault troops.. The portal closes though if the enemy cannot seize enough of the ship to shut down the shields from the inside. Hence the battles. Also, the Nagdellians, like others, want to raid and seize Unobtanium, and a success from even a single raid could justify ten more attempts. The Nagdellians don't worry about losing raiders.
these are great insights, additions, and clarifications... i'm interested to explore the Red Sigil hierarchy as well. As @lunawisp pointed out, i just skipped them in my summary : )

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:16 am

??
Last edited by Golden Ace on Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:38 am

??
Ignore it, it's bot - all the posts are pasted from other forums.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:41 am

damn it fooled me. :oops:

Wolfshadw

Postby Wolfshadw » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:43 am

I love the "Dillies" shorthand! I might be the only one who calls them that in-game, but i'll have fun doing it!
Actually, I can hear half the players yelling out, "Dilly, Dilly!".

-Wolf sends

P.S. Don't really care for that series of commercials.

Return to “Announcements”