Why the Community Matters

Golden Ace

Re: Why the Community Matters

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:24 pm

welcome Pooterific. in my signature is a link to all the videos made. a good place to start learning more.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Pooterific

Postby Pooterific » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:31 pm

Thanks

Pooterific

Postby Pooterific » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:39 pm

welcome Pooterific. in my signature is a link to all the videos made. a good place to start learning more.
Wow that combat alpha highlights video.. is there a server test anytime soon? I see the schedule but unless I read it wrong it only goes up to june.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:17 pm

Wow that combat alpha highlights video.. is there a server test anytime soon? I see the schedule but unless I read it wrong it only goes up to june.
The server test has been delayed. I'm still hoping to see it before the end of august. there will also be a paid beta at the end of the year. probably after Christmas.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:14 am

The server test has been delayed. I'm still hoping to see it before the end of august. there will also be a paid beta at the end of the year. probably after Christmas.
after christmas? That is pretty much the end of the year literally :D
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

zombiegod420

Postby zombiegod420 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:35 pm

Thank you, thank you very much to everyone involved in this project! Sense the demise of COH, there has been a huge hole in my heart. A empty void in my life. I have been extremely disappointed with every mmo I've played sense COH and haven't been able to play them long because.....well they just didn't fill that void. One of many things I consider "my favorite thing" lol, was the possitive community. I still have rl friends I made on that game! So to hear how important this is to the developers is very comforting. I have many other possitive things to say and only one concern, but I willl save them for another post. For now and again, thank you guys for this and I can not WAIT to play!!!

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:42 am

Thank you, thank you very much to everyone involved in this project! Sense the demise of COH, there has been a huge hole in my heart. A empty void in my life. I have been extremely disappointed with every mmo I've played sense COH and haven't been able to play them long because.....well they just didn't fill that void. One of many things I consider "my favorite thing" lol, was the possitive community. I still have rl friends I made on that game! So to hear how important this is to the developers is very comforting. I have many other possitive things to say and only one concern, but I willl save them for another post. For now and again, thank you guys for this and I can not WAIT to play!!!
welcome in the family :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Sid

Postby Sid » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:55 pm

I loved city of heros. I started playing about a year after it came out and played till the bitter end. I felt like someone killed off my best friend. I was in my 50’s when I first started. My daughter gave me the game for my birthday and I never played an on line game before. Soon I was playing all night or whenever I have a few free moments. I made great friends and best of all my SG didn’t care that I was a grandma or wasn’t the best or even 6 th best on the team. They made me feel like one of them! I truely miss all that. I’m hoping that if I can get half of that back in Ship of Heros I would be totally happy! So hurry up and release the game.....I’m not getting any younger!
Daughter of Darkness
Sid
Smack the elf
Eve Project
Wicked

PseudoCool

Postby PseudoCool » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:25 am

I couldnt agree more with the OP.

I also couldn't agree more with the negative experiences that many have had in other games, especially WoW, which has been a toxic community since it launched.

OUR City of Heroes was more than that. Even on the villian side, people where nice, helpful, and had no problems taking a new player under their wing and getting them started. SG's where formed that LASTED, and even have friends from many countries, some of whom I've had the distinct honor of meeting in person. That sense of community has even been noted numerous times in helping those with disadvantages to overcome issues in their real lives, all by playing a game.

So.. OUR community does matter. Reality is.. it's not up to the Developers of SoH to provide that.. they give us the framework.. they give us the playground.. how we share our cookies with the other kids is up to us. I sincerely hope that us refugee's remember that when the game goes live, and we show the gaming community as a whole what a Real Community of Gamers is capable of doing by just being us. :)

Odee

Postby Odee » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:29 pm

... What we, as players, need are games tailored to our playstyles, that are fun for us. And that is every niche in the MMORPG universe...
Sounds like something similar to the Architect Entertainment building id in order. Where player made content/missions for subscribers to make for those wanting a little more, or different than the regular offerings?
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:23 am

Yes, we are discussing how to enable player-created missions in SoH. In fact, we were discussing it again this morning. Definitely not done yet and definitely much desired.

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:45 am

Yes, we are discussing how to enable player-created missions in SoH. In fact, we were discussing it again this morning. Definitely not done yet and definitely much desired.
This worries me a bit "Power corrupts absolute power corrupts absolute".
If you don't mind player-created missions that can level to max level in one day. Then ok else I would not have them.
Just my 2 cents
;)
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:22 am

If you don't mind player-created missions that can level to max level in one day. Then ok else I would not have them.
Just my 2 cents
;)

well, then maybe how about a different aproach?
you don´t get xp for killed enemies but for the time, which is needed to get through the mission while the mission has a minimum of enemies which need to be implemented (so nobody can create an empty mission to get the xp easy). And that time is calculated by the size of the map (like the overall lenght has a calculated average time and that is the base for the xp :). In that case nobody can fill a map with minor enemies to farm or other way around :)

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:52 pm

Just my 2 cents
;)

well, then maybe how about a different aproach?
you don´t get xp for killed enemies but for the time, which is needed to get through the mission while the mission has a minimum of enemies which need to be implemented (so nobody can create an empty mission to get the xp easy). And that time is calculated by the size of the map (like the overall lenght has a calculated average time and that is the base for the xp :). In that case nobody can fill a map with minor enemies to farm or other way around :)
A good idea there will be a check obtuse XP and players can create show how good their imagination is. Also maybe if the missions are good enough they could be expanded and added into another ship level or planet.
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Odee

Postby Odee » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:51 pm

For myself, and I'm sure a lot of others, are willing to wait for Issue 2, or 3 before Player Created Missions comes around. IMHO, that would give us all a bit of time to learn the ropes of the game, before diving in to create our additions and lore to SoH.

Thanks again, for all your efforts.
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Return to “Announcements”