Articles About Ship of Heroes

Golden Ace

Re: Articles About Ship of Heroes

Postby Golden Ace » Mon May 28, 2018 11:19 am

the website is gone. I went to their facebook page and I see people asking what happened to it. seems to have gone away in early January. :/
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Mon May 28, 2018 2:10 pm

2P closed shop. Neph was complaining that she had no place to put articles. She has a Twitch site though, and she is continuing her gaming opinionization there. It is called StreamingNeph
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:34 pm

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:54 pm

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:19 pm

some very nice comments over at Massively Overpowered

Actjcksn

Postby Actjcksn » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:06 am

Most comments on all the sites have been positive recently. That is great and shows the excitement continually evolving surrounding this game. Any questionable comments are from those not following SoH which is nipped in the bud pretty quickly.
3) Expect the Plan to go off the rails...
4) ...Throw away the Plan

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:44 am

We have a lot of great stuff going on, inside the team.

As one example, just yesterday two of our most senior artists figured out an improvement to our system for suppressing clipping in costume selection. Clipping is a big issue in a system that allows mixing and matching of costume pieces because if your personal character design requires the Red Sigil pants, the Sword Blossom tank top, the Vigilante gloves and the Yekus Officer overcoat, those pieces are all drawn from different costume sets. The original costume sets don't conflict internally of course, but since we have (literally) millions of possible combinations of costume pieces (not to mention the colors), we cannot manually check all combinations.

So we've always had a clever system of our own design to suppress clipping (warning -- no system is perfect. But ours is unique, and quite good).

Now we are working up an improvement. Should we delay something else to get this improvement into the game? Once we have it, it is done and will speed things up later.

We do a lot of system-design and system construction for the long haul. and we have to make these decisions all of the time too. In general, we decide to raise the quality of the game in almost every case, and to build the new system improvement. This stuff cannot be added easily later on in development. And certainly not at the end. Every team that makes a game and launches it reports that the last few months are overwhelmingly all about bug fixing and emergency repairs and compromises.

We also want to minimize those elements. so we are heading to a good outcome, as far as we can tell. Conquering the issues one by one, and integrating our good ideas as we go.

The Koop

Postby The Koop » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:45 am

I just found out this game was in development because I used to play CoH and am really missing it. So I searched looking for a similar game and this came up. I have watched many of the videos and read the reviews etc and I am very excited about the release. I will be donating to the cause. I am wishing success for you guys. As far as making changes now instead of fixing bugs later, well I have been waiting this long already. LOL But hurry up because I am 65 years old and can't wait much longer! (sarcasm) Don't know enough about the game to add any input having just recently found out about the game but I will submit this. If we are on a ship in space, is there the chance we could lose artificial gravity and if so how would we be able to have some auxiliary control. Just a thought...……… Anyway good luck and I will be checking back in with you soon. As soon as my wife wakes up for work I will be telling her about the game as well since she was an avid CoH fan.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:16 am

Welcome Koop I think you will find that many of the backers for this game are former COH players also, and many of us are “seasoned “ as well. Some are more seasoned than others. :shock: :D

Yes please tell the Mrs. I’m sure she would like it here as well.

Welcome to the ship I’m glad you found us

GA

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:48 pm

Odee

Postby Odee » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:32 pm

... I will be donating to the cause. I am wishing success for you guys. As far as making changes now instead of fixing bugs later, well I have been waiting this long already. LOL But hurry up because I am 65 years old and can't wait much longer! (sarcasm) .… Anyway good luck and I will be checking back in with you soon. As soon as my wife wakes up for work I will be telling her about the game as well since she was an avid CoH fan.
I'm in your boat at the tiller. Keep on rowing you other old codger! Us Senior Citizens need to stick together. :D ;)
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Odee

Postby Odee » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:39 am

Neph was complaining that she had no place to put articles. She has a Twitch site though, and she is continuing her gaming opinionization there. It is called StreamingNeph
Can we get an updated list of articles if any? Can't Neph contact the Game Mags directly for posting heads up notices? :o If not, PM, or Email me and I'll crack that nut with a mallet.
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Return to “Announcements”