Male Model Upgrade

Pyrion

Re: Male Model Upgrade

Postby Pyrion » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:38 am

There are tons of sliders in the character creator, watch that early movie about it. But those sliders appear to be much more local.

Ike

Postby Ike » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:29 am

The slider idea is actually much more complicated than it sounds. A slider like that would affect the a couple of things in the lower legs, then also in the thigh, the abdomen, the shoulders, the next the upper and then lower arms. It could be more than a dozen morphs, and then it has to work with the clothing too. As with many questions of this type there are two alternative formulations of the question that are a bit more precise: would the community accept a delay in launch to get that slider? And would the community donate a bunch more money to get that slider?

Once the game is going, and generating revenues then a lot of new things become possible and we will have to prioritize. But we're a small team, so we often have to make decisions about priorities and then simply move on from where we are, noting the requests for changes for the future.

The slider is a good idea and we have noted it. We like it, in fact.
muscle mass and muscle definition could be separated as two sliders though, or the mesh could be slightly simplified with a muscle definition slider in place. Muscle definition would just adjust the opacity of the muscle normalmap, meaning there would be no geometric change in the body.

The sims 3 does this and it works pretty well, I feel like it could be applicable here

Blackgold

Postby Blackgold » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:22 pm

That upgrade looks amazing. Very heroic! :D

broxen

Postby broxen » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:58 pm

The slider idea is actually much more complicated than it sounds. A slider like that would affect the a couple of things in the lower legs, then also in the thigh, the abdomen, the shoulders, the next the upper and then lower arms. It could be more than a dozen morphs, and then it has to work with the clothing too. As with many questions of this type there are two alternative formulations of the question that are a bit more precise: would the community accept a delay in launch to get that slider? And would the community donate a bunch more money to get that slider?

Once the game is going, and generating revenues then a lot of new things become possible and we will have to prioritize. But we're a small team, so we often have to make decisions about priorities and then simply move on from where we are, noting the requests for changes for the future.

The slider is a good idea and we have noted it. We like it, in fact.
muscle mass and muscle definition could be separated as two sliders though, or the mesh could be slightly simplified with a muscle definition slider in place. Muscle definition would just adjust the opacity of the muscle normalmap, meaning there would be no geometric change in the body.

The sims 3 does this and it works pretty well, I feel like it could be applicable here
I do hope there's a relatively simple solution for this. One of my favorite characters from CoH/DCUO/CO lacked significant musculature and was more of a tall gangly nerd.
-Broxen

Solari

Postby Solari » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:40 pm

I wonder if it would be possible to get a muscle tone slider so we could tweak the mass and definition of our characters.
This, or allow "normal" and "muscular" presets in the absence of a slider. My CoH main was not very muscular, in fact he was tiny and scrawny (see profile pic) but his attitude made up for it. ;)

Kid Rad

Postby Kid Rad » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:55 am

Love the new model, for sure. To answer your questions consultant: 1.) No, don't delay for sliders, but definitely work on them 2.) Yes, I would donate/pay more money if character creation was top notch, including muscle sliders.

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:30 am

CoH had the average, athletic and huge choices. It seems it would be easy to have these basic starter frames before the sliders.

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:26 pm

Would be really great to see people be able to eventually create characters Hulk size...and larger. Keeping in mind that the larger a man is, the more his posture would change due to the over mass of muscle. Just something to think about!

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:35 pm

looking forward making a small female toon that has the same characterizations of a large hulk toon ... just to have fun
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Return to “Announcements”