Male Model Upgrade

Cranos
Site Admin

Male Model Upgrade

Postby Cranos » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:13 pm

We just launched our next update showing off the updated male body. :)

If you're registered for the forums you should have received a notice about the new stuff.

https://www.shipofheroes.com/male-model-upgrade/

Capzlock

Re: Male Model Upgrade

Postby Capzlock » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:01 pm

But why male models?

I actually didn't understand why this was such a big deal until I saw the Ambassador before and after. He looks MUCH more heroic now.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:24 pm

I see it too and agree that the change is VERY necessary of the future players , that will coming into the game to play ... they will want to play a toon that is well ... healthy and well versed in combat
I like the change go Dev's Go
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

RBrown

Postby RBrown » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:27 pm

stay tuned! there is much more to come!

Penniguin

Postby Penniguin » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:20 am

I see it too and agree that the change is VERY necessary of the future players , that will coming into the game to play ... they will want to play a toon that is well ... healthy and well versed in combat
I like the change go Dev's Go
Haaaaaaaa, I love it, yes I want Penniguin.....healthy and well versed in combat.......even if I am not. ;)

Great job Devs! It like Steve Rogers circa 1940 verses Captain America!
I am gonna need to stop for coffee before we head out for the battle. 8-)

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:19 am

The bare skin version is perhaps a little over-muscled, but once clothed does look more comic-booky. I know in the comics everyone is stupid ripped, but it does feel a little disappointing to have such impossible standards perpetuated. Yes, body image is a massive issue for men too, and you cannot get that kind of definition without literally dehydrating yourself for a days, which is obviously unhealthy.

I hate sounding like a killjoy, and I know it's fitting in with the comic book feel. I get it. I just feel the muscle definition didn't have to be quite so extreme to get a decently detailed model that still looks good.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Dying Breath

Postby Dying Breath » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:20 am

I wonder if it would be possible to get a muscle tone slider so we could tweak the mass and definition of our characters.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:55 pm

I do believe that the DEV's do here us... and in the future growth of the SHIP...this will i believe... will be made available at some time.

If i may I'm going to share... what my grand-pa used to tell me " When you ain't got... do with what you got " .
personal note I like what is out there now.
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Cranos
Site Admin

Postby Cranos » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:50 pm

We have talked about the slider many time and very much want to do this however it all takes time and resources so it may happen at launch or maybe later in time.

I personally love a super hero to have a unachievable body since it make them see more epic and greater then us mere mortals :).

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:22 pm

If you're registered for the forums you should have received a notice about the new stuff.

This is what happens when you stop skipping leg day.

AxerJ

Postby AxerJ » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:01 am

Great work! Thank you, devs!

Major Victory

Postby Major Victory » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:12 am

Have you ever considered having a sliding developing hero form? So a level one hero would look like the hero on the left and a level 15 or 20 hero would look like the hero on the right. Slowly developing into the muscular form as you go up in levels. Each couple of levels, you would get even buffer.

"You are now level 4, your fitness regime has paid off and you are buffer than before!" :ugeek:

brawlizard

Postby brawlizard » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:33 am

I like the upgraded art, but I almost always play scrawny scrapper types or scrawny "brainy" type heros. And as much as I'd love to play a good CoH successor, I won't make a character on this if I can't play a scrawny scrapper

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:20 pm

The slider idea is actually much more complicated than it sounds. A slider like that would affect the a couple of things in the lower legs, then also in the thigh, the abdomen, the shoulders, the next the upper and then lower arms. It could be more than a dozen morphs, and then it has to work with the clothing too. As with many questions of this type there are two alternative formulations of the question that are a bit more precise: would the community accept a delay in launch to get that slider? And would the community donate a bunch more money to get that slider?

Once the game is going, and generating revenues then a lot of new things become possible and we will have to prioritize. But we're a small team, so we often have to make decisions about priorities and then simply move on from where we are, noting the requests for changes for the future.

The slider is a good idea and we have noted it. We like it, in fact.

brawlizard

Postby brawlizard » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Are there ANY sliders in the character creater? Like height, weight, etc?

Return to “Announcements”