Ambassador and the Street Sweeper Powerset

Consultant

Ambassador and the Street Sweeper Powerset

Postby Consultant » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:09 am

We just launched our ninth video, showing off the current status of the powers for the Street Sweeper Powerset, and also giving a bit more background on Ambassador.

If you're registered for the forums you should have received a notice about the new stuff, and YouTube has the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii-Dkdqky2U

Greyhawk

Re: Ambassador and the Street Sweeper Powerset

Postby Greyhawk » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:50 pm

A very interesting selection of powers. A great deal of tactical diversity. This is a good thing. I'm not much for playing a tank, but if the other variations on the powerset are as well-rounded as this one it should be quite enjoyable.

I hope I will be able to choose what kind of rifle, the colors of the rifle, the colors of ice and flame, and the tint of the Spiral Shot/Ion Shot powers.

Even though the Fresh Magazine animation might look odd with a sci-fi plasma rifle, a flintlock, or a lever action, I'd be happy to live with it. If each rifle type came with an appropriate animation, that would be even better, of course!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My author page at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B000APIPZC?r ... 0_33951330

Nephthys

Postby Nephthys » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 pm

Looks very nice! :D

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:03 pm

I'm guessing the different shots have different secondary effects? Freeze shot is obvious, and the explosive shot has an obvious DoT, but what does Ion and Spiral Shot do differently from the standard Slug Shot?

My only comment on the looks is the projectile speeds could do with being a tad faster - it looks kinda weird watching the shots sortof float towards the enemies :P But that's all part of the tweaking process I'm sure.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Sinistar

Postby Sinistar » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:06 am

As soon as I saw explosive shot, I thought of the Karl Urban JUdge Dredd movie when he circled behind those goons and gave his lawgiver the command "incendiary" :)

Oh yes.........SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! :)

AxerJ

Postby AxerJ » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:20 am

I really, really like the design of these powers. They're subtle! I love 'fresh magazine', 'supercharge', and 'challenge' powers - great takes on classic abilities! And all the shots looked GREAT - I'm so glad to see they're not too, too over-the-top or full of glittery effects. They look powerful and fun to use.

And, by the way, really interesting creation with the "street sweeper" power set itself - when you were saying it earlier, I assumed it referred to basic melee combat abilities. I'm relieved to find out it refers to an actual technogun - perfect!

Also, nice names of characters you're coming up with! Jonathan Cohen? Conrad Ritter? It all sounds great. Your writing is top level. Wonderful to see!

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:18 pm

We just launched our ninth video, showing off the current status of the powers for the Street Sweeper Powerset, and also giving a bit more background on Ambassador.

If you're registered for the forums you should have received a notice about the new stuff, and YouTube has the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii-Dkdqky2U
I See Beings Possessing Great Powers!!
I Shall Come and Test These.
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:00 am

A1 video. This just goes o show that you can have a awesome KS game. Such a shame SoH were victims of successor fatigue. In the end, it is the only one with true promise. The irony.

One of the more intriguing titles around, indie or AAA. You guys are going to do big things. I really want a pet class now after seeing these videos. Pet animations should be interesting. Pet classes are not needed asap, but this video leaves a lot to the imagination. One can only imagine how the pet videos show.

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:35 am

I'm guessing the different shots have different secondary effects? Freeze shot is obvious, and the explosive shot has an obvious DoT, but what does Ion and Spiral Shot do differently from the standard Slug Shot?

My only comment on the looks is the projectile speeds could do with being a tad faster - it looks kinda weird watching the shots sortof float towards the enemies :P But that's all part of the tweaking process I'm sure.
Maybe it is the type of damage, like fire versus energy and different groups are more resistant to certain damage. I haven't played many gun using types but this looks great.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:14 pm

It's more like a close-in shotgun; definitely not a rifle. and firing something like a small explosive charge...it should be visible.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:20 am

It's more like a close-in shotgun; definitely not a rifle. and firing something like a small explosive charge...it should be visible.
Basically this thing then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g77sLmw-UcY :D

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:10 am

Jestersghost, I burst out laughing when I saw that video! Good work.

So you showed a "real" 20-21st century street sweeper. In the 25th century the weapon responds to the superpowers of the hero wielding it, and has the ability to fire a wide variety of ammo. But yes, you got the inspiration.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:00 pm

What are we firing from our issued ordnance ???? .... if we are not having to reload then it will i suggest that it be some kind of compressed nitrogen gas supper-cooled set inside a magnetic responsive bucky-ball so that the projectile can be retrieved from the atmosphere and propelled from the gun under a rail gun format...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Penniguin

Postby Penniguin » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:02 pm

What are we firing from our issued ordnance ???? .... if we are not having to reload then it will i suggest that it be some kind of compressed nitrogen gas supper-cooled set inside a magnetic responsive bucky-ball so that the projectile can be retrieved from the atmosphere and propelled from the gun under a rail gun format...
I am not sure what Eulb is saying here (and I am married to him) , but I sure liked the Street Sweeper Powerset! Good job guys!
I am gonna need to stop for coffee before we head out for the battle. 8-)

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:25 am

I am not sure what Eulb is saying here (and I am married to him) , but I sure liked the Street Sweeper Powerset! Good job guys!
Actually, I think I followed that :) He's suggesting using solid(!) frozen nitrogen condensed from the air, then embedded inside a molecular carbon container made magnetic, so it can be fired using an electric propulsion system.

Return to “Announcements”