CCT Beta

Zelman

Re: CCT Beta

Postby Zelman » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:39 pm

Not a clue. I've looked in all the usual places but can't see anything. Only way to find that would be to sandbox the program and see what locations get modified - or ask one of the coders ;)
Found it

The file that holds the display and resolution settings is located here -
X:\Ship Of Heroes\SOHGame\CleanThirdPerson\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
GameUserSettings.ini

[/Script/Engine.GameUserSettings]
bUseVSync=False
bUseDynamicResolution=False
ResolutionSizeX=2048
ResolutionSizeY=1089
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=2048
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=1089
WindowPosX=-2560
WindowPosY=0
FullscreenMode=2
LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=2
PreferredFullscreenMode=1

The key bind mappings is located in same Directory
File is called - Input.ini

Just incase anyone needs to modify before launching game. =

Z

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:47 pm

thank you. that will need to be added to the list of things that can be edited in game.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Dragonnas Xavier

Postby Dragonnas Xavier » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:31 am

Alrighty, so the world looks beautiful. Love it. <3 Super happy to be able to get in the game and play around.

Now, down to beta-ing.
1. After extensive character customization on my face, none of the changes made to it appear to have any effect on how my character looks in game, at least when viewing myself. When using middle-click to drag around and see my face, it's just a generic starter face - no facial hair, no adjustments I've made to face shape or eyebrows.
2. Jumping is always 100%, there is no ability to jump a shorter height.
3. There are several curbs around the city that while they are only a couple inches high seem to have collision like you run into a wall.
4. When creating a character, if you go in game and back out to character select, or close the game and go back in to edit your character, many of the facial changes seem to reset. For example, face tilt and brow height seem to completely reset to the default for what is displaying, though they keep the visible slider location. So the slider values are not initializing properly when loading the character face display there.
5. Linked colors are not visible on your various costume pieces, they all seem to keep their own colors when you go in to look at their coloration.
6. Linked coloration doesn't seem to work at all except when randomizing your colors.
7. Undo does not work on coloration at all.

More to come as I spend more time poking around the ship. <3

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:25 am

I must need new eyes. I looked in that folder structure and completely missed that. Oh well. Glad you got it sorted ;)
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

alycat

Postby alycat » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:36 am

Looks good so far just a few bugs.
Noticed that when you set your gluts to max you can see your skin through the costume.
Flying doesn't seem to allow you to change directions, just one direction.

I'm still testing things but that's what I have so far.

Amaylia

Postby Amaylia » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:59 pm

I'm also really enjoying the character creation aspects! Here are a few things I've noticed so far.

1. One thing I've noticed is that on the hair color sliders, every 21st element seems to be inaccessible.. this prevents clicking the buttons to get from color 20 to 22 so you have to scroll past it by dragging the slider marker from 20 to 22, the same thing happens with 40 to 42, 60 to 62, and 80 to 82. I'm not really sure if this happens on other bars.

2. Also, one other minor thing.. clicking to the left or right of the slider buttons in the space between the slider bar and the slider button pulls the marker all the way to that side, which is not something I expect to happen, what I would expect to happen is either nothing or to have a little give with the button size so that it continues to click on the button rather than the bar.

3. There is also an issue with saving costume and body changes that I think is probably associated with the bug #4 that Dragonnas Xavier mentioned (/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3180&start=30#p24091)... basically many changes don't seem to be restored when loading a save.
4. When creating a character, if you go in game and back out to character select, or close the game and go back in to edit your character, many of the facial changes seem to reset. For example, face tilt and brow height seem to completely reset to the default for what is displaying, though they keep the visible slider location. So the slider values are not initializing properly when loading the character face display there.
I'm looking forward to testing more!

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:01 pm

I'm looking forward to testing more!
You should not have to wait too much longer! Next up is an invasion event. Prepare to put some Nagdellians in their place! This will be a combat beta. There is no exact date on this. HOWEVER...

Save at least one or two of your outfits/ power setups. If you save them, you can immediately recall them for this test instead of reinventing the wheel.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Turtlesandwich

Postby Turtlesandwich » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:48 pm

Odee

Postby Odee » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:08 pm

thank you. that will need to be added to the list of things that can be edited in game.
I agree. So long as those INI files get locked down on release. Can't have hackers monkeying with the game program when it goes live.
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Return to “Announcements”