KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!!!

Darth Delicious

Re: KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!!!

Postby Darth Delicious » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:37 pm

Jasix the answer is YES.
What about going the other way around? If a backer, for some reason, has to go back a tier? Is that possible too? (it would be bad news for both parties, but it can happen Image)
Don't say everything you know, but do know everything you say.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:12 pm

Got 'er done! I'm in too! Hopefully I can raise my contrib soon!

Lets see what happens when the left coast gets home from work!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:52 pm

Jasix the answer is YES.
What about going the other way around? If a backer, for some reason, has to go back a tier? Is that possible too? (it would be bad news for both parties, but it can happen Image)
Nothing's locked in till the kickstarter is completed one way or another so you can change your pledge as many times as you like till then.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Griffin

Postby Griffin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:00 pm

WE are IN!

(Negotiating with the budget person on trying to upgrade, but gotta wait on taxes...)

I'd really have loved to get a memorial plaque (with minimal rewards) for $1K... $2,500 is just beyond today's budget.
I may try to run a gofund/indiegogo to raise money for it, or we'll honor him within the SG.

Looking forward to running the tunnels with you all!

/me BBCatchMe
/local Dance Party!!!

-Griffin

Shieldwolf

Postby Shieldwolf » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:57 pm

Pledged! Wish I could give more than I did. Maybe I'll up it or pledge again before it ends. :D
Virtue server, Dawn Patrol SG
Crimsonstar
Chain Lightning
Lady Victoria

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:00 pm

And now the hard work begins ..... Being Patient
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Flagwaver

Postby Flagwaver » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:35 pm

I wonder if any of the "old devs" have been informed of this project? I've emailed April (CuppaJo), but she's the only Dev whose contact info I have.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

A bullet may have a name on it, but 20 pounds of C4 is more of a "to whom it may concern."

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:39 am

And now the hard work begins ..... Being Patient
Amen to that!

Jasix

Postby Jasix » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:21 am

Just a nagging question in my head... What happens if the kickstarter is not successful? Does that mean SoH won't launch? Can you do another kickstarter seeking less? I've never given to a kickstarter before so I am kind of nervous. Really hate the thought that it may not get all the way to 400k. CoT got to 600k but they had a bigger fanbase at the time. Not trying to be negative AT ALL just curious what happens if we don't get to 400k.
Original backer #122.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:44 am

There are other options, and the actual amount pledged would give Heroic Games a good idea of the amount of support they have for Ship of Heroes.

It's a bit early to panic though, the KS hasn't even been live for one whole day yet ;)
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:07 am

Yes, far from time to panic. A lot of people are waiting to get paid. Others are hording their money until after taxes are taken care of. And others are still deciding how much to give. There are likely a lot of peeps on the fence on this one. I'm not slamming these games, but VO and CoT don't have a lot to show for all of the money they took in, and it does have people a bit gunshy. People are still wondering if a superhero based MMORPG still has a future. DCUO is doing fine, but that is because it is the only choice for console players. The PC version is a little anemic for players.

There is a future for this type of game, but the proper formula has yet to be found. Even CoH, for all of its glory, did not hit the formula spot on; if it had hit the narrow target precisely, it would still be running.

So I'm supporting SoH as much as I can. Besides the Kickstarter, I am vocal on the MMORPG forums drumming up support and hushing the naysayers, of which there are MANY. I sent an email to all of my gaming friends, and especially my CoH friends, letting them know about this game. And, I am going to do it again this weekend. And I am calculating if I can up the ante and give a little more...

Darth Delicious

Postby Darth Delicious » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:11 am

Jasix the answer is YES.
Nothing's locked in till the kickstarter is completed one way or another so you can change your pledge as many times as you like till then.
Ah. Always good to know what you're getting into, right? Thanks lunawisp! Image
Don't say everything you know, but do know everything you say.

Codex

Postby Codex » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:40 am

I wonder if any of the "old devs" have been informed of this project? I've emailed April (CuppaJo), but she's the only Dev whose contact info I have.
Wasn't Cuppajo a forum mod and not a dev?
aka Backer 68

Gravygoat

Postby Gravygoat » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:26 pm

One thing I'm seeing repeatedly in blog and Facebook comments is that a lot of people are unhappy with the reward tiers being offered. Some of this is confusion - while it has been added to the FAQ, it is still not clear in the list of rewards that all Kickstarter contributors get a "free copy" of the game (assuming that is a digital download). It is also not stated (outside of the FAQ) that higher tiers automatically get lower tier rewards. This is pretty standard stuff so I am not sure why people are so confused...but it's also standard to state these things clearly.

The other main fuel for complaints is that above about the $50 mark the perceived value of the rewards seems to be pretty small. Not saying it's an issue for me - I found a tier that was a sweet spot for me and pledged early - but passing along that this seems to be a common complaint.

It may be too late to adjust rewards at various tiers but eh communications thing needs clearing up pronto, and probably we need to see the devs directly responding to some of the blog comments that are starting to collect out there.

Again - happy to be pledged, hoping for the best!

--Gravy

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:38 pm

Yep, it's being discussed on a thread at viewtopic.php?f=13&t=236.

The queries are not only on facebook though, Reddit is showing the same concerns and I couldn't agree more about the questions piling up on the KS page - that's not good - someone really needs to get on top of that pronto. People seeing all those unanswered questions will just close their browser tab in a hurry.

Return to “Announcements”