Combat Preview

brawlizard

Combat Preview

Postby brawlizard » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:55 pm

https://www.shipofheroes.com/sneak-peek-at-combat/

As a pre-alpha phase this looks pretty good. Animating a Power set has got to be the most complex piece of this, getting the feel right so that there is variety and rewarding animations

Hadder

Re: Combat Preview

Postby Hadder » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:22 pm

For Pre-Alpha, this looks great so far!

P.S. I would love to see the meteor storm spell to be way more meaty coming out of the sky!

Hadder
Hadder

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:16 pm

Looking good so far. When are we gonna get details on the actual mechanics of powers? How accuracy vs. defense works, that kind of thing?
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Nephthys

Postby Nephthys » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:50 pm

A helping of self advertising, but why not. I've got some small tidbits in here that didn't make it onto the official write up:

http://2p.com/47455811_1/Exclusive-Ship ... phthys.htm

Parkhyeyeon

Postby Parkhyeyeon » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:05 pm

Looks good so far! Maybe a little more visual on the rain falling and a little less ground fire. Think of when a bunch of Rain of Fires going at once. :P
Join SoH Discord!
Backer #9
CoH mains(Freedom server):
Angel Irene - Energy/devices Blaster
Seraph Irene - Energy/Radiation Corrupter

Silverphish

To the SoH team...

Postby Silverphish » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:25 pm

It's looking great guys. Could use a little scorched earth after all that fire, but details details. I really just wanted to say this: I very much appreciate that when I signed up for notifications and updates via email that you guys actually send out notifications and updates. Typically when I sign up for info on a project all I get is crickets, so thank you for that.

Parkhyeyeon

Postby Parkhyeyeon » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:30 am

Will we be able to set powers to go off on their own, much like many people had Hasten in CoH to autocast? And if so, will we be limited to just one power? Obviously we don't want to be able to do that with all powers, but maybe two would be good.
Join SoH Discord!
Backer #9
CoH mains(Freedom server):
Angel Irene - Energy/devices Blaster
Seraph Irene - Energy/Radiation Corrupter

Blue Djinn

Re: To the SoH team...

Postby Blue Djinn » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:22 am

It's looking great guys. Could use a little scorched earth after all that fire, but details details. I really just wanted to say this: I very much appreciate that when I signed up for notifications and updates via email that you guys actually send out notifications and updates. Typically when I sign up for info on a project all I get is crickets, so thank you for that.
Bump!

I that is like par for the course. Worse yet, you go off and forget about it cause life gets in the way and miss the beta!

Curses!!!!!

Blue Djinn

Postby Blue Djinn » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:31 am

Hilarious preview. IDK if that was intended but I liked it. Perhaps because the aliens remind me of the B1-268 battle droids? "B1-267b2 just got womped! We better check it out....though I got a bad feeling about this..."

I like the citizen animations before and after. The general flavor of the scene is great, and everything seems to transition pretty well.

Good job guys!

Return to “Announcements”