Street Fighting Video is Live on YouTube

Consultant

Street Fighting Video is Live on YouTube

Postby Consultant » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:19 am

The newsletter is live on this site and the video is live on YouTube. Feel free to leave comments on YouTube as well as here -- I know you guys are watching the video!

lunawisp

Re: Street Fighting Video is Live on YouTube

Postby lunawisp » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:58 am

To save people hunting for it... https://youtu.be/AKqTYF7gnEg

<You cannot make another post so soon after your last. Ok, going to make a cup of coffee and clean the house...>
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:16 pm

I was not expecting it to look that good....Not gonna lie. I am impressed. Some (Myself included) may have felt uninspired by the project, but this is a wake up call indeed.

I like the kicks.

olepi

Postby olepi » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:22 am

This looks really good. Probably the best looking video yet.

If I had to complain about something, it would be that the hero doesn't look too "heroey". The fight takes a long time to kill what I presume is 3 minions. A real superhero should be able to one-shot at least one of them.
2020: 43 years on the Net.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:58 am

This looks really good. Probably the best looking video yet.

If I had to complain about something, it would be that the hero doesn't look too "heroey". The fight takes a long time to kill what I presume is 3 minions. A real superhero should be able to one-shot at least one of them.
Depends on the relative levels, and obviously for a demo video they probably want to show off the moves for longer. Certainly in the final game I imagine fights like that would be quicker.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

olepi

Postby olepi » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:04 am

This brought up something I've been thinking about: how hard is the game going to be? At the beginning? At the end?

I remember when I first started CoH back in 2004, my ill/emp controller had one attack power, and brawl. It took forever to kill something, even at my own level. Of course, by the end, I could wipe out large groups with ease.

In the new incarnation of CoH, the starter level comes with several attacks that you would have normally only gotten much later. So even a lvl 2 has a real attack chain.

What is SoH going to be like? When you start out you have only one or two attacks and no travel power? Or a full attack chain and a travel power?

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:05 pm

JestersGhost is right as usual. In the videos we make the fights last long enough for the hero to show off all of the powers we want to illustrate -- it's not like normal combat.

The hero does not look hero-y? You can make yours look different.

How hard will it be? Probably too hard in the Betas, but we will dial it in by using community feedback because, that's kind of how we roll here.

olepi

Postby olepi » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:07 am

What I meant by not looking hero-y was the long time it took to kill the mobs. Them being higher than you so that you have time to use all your powers is the perfect explanation.

However, if I had to gripe about something, it would be that it wasn't obvious what level they were :mrgreen:

drmanbot

Postby drmanbot » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:40 pm

This made me sign up and throw in 25 bucks to the coffers. You're looking good, guys. keep it up. ;)

Return to “What's Cooking”