About Ears

Consultant

About Ears

Postby Consultant » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:31 am

Now that we have the CCT working well, we are busy fixing bugs left over from the Beta.

And we have some things to add, of course.

One thing on our list is to add some non-human ear options.

We're looking for (smart) feedback on the options below. Are some of these keepers? What else do we need to create?

Should these disappear when wearing most headgear? Human ears are generally covered...
SoH066 (002).jpg
SoH066 (002).jpg (486.28 KiB) Viewed 2192 times

Golden Ace

Re: About Ears

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:20 am

Fox, rabbit, cat, dog/hound I.e animal ears with fur. Color changeable fur at that.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:36 pm

What we most need is a yes/no to options 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, plus some very clear descriptors of what people want in terms of size and shape.

"Cat ears" or something is not too precise. We cannot easily change the location of the earhole in the human skull...

So something like this: take #2 and make them entirely vertical, a bit wider and have the tips reach two-thirds of the way up the side of the head...

Odee

Postby Odee » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:22 am

Fox, rabbit, cat, dog/hound I.e animal ears with fur. Color changeable fur at that.
And let's not forget ... Jar-jar Binks ears :lol: :lol:
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:44 pm

We're looking for (smart) feedback on the options below. Are some of these keepers? What else do we need to create?
All of those are keepers, IMO.
For more nuanced feedback, my order of preference (most -> least important):
2, 5, 6, 5, 3, 1, 4
Should these disappear when wearing most headgear? Human ears are generally covered...
Depends on the headgear, really, but assuming a human ear would be covered by it, then yes, I'd say these should be covered, even if that doesn't quite make biological sense.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:21 pm

What we most need is a yes/no to options 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, plus some very clear descriptors of what people want in terms of size and shape.

"Cat ears" or something is not too precise. We cannot easily change the location of the earhole in the human skull...

So something like this: take #2 and make them entirely vertical, a bit wider and have the tips reach two-thirds of the way up the side of the head...
ah, my bad. in order of preference.

2, 5, 3, 4, 1, 6

would really like the option of stretching the ear tips out so they are longer if possible
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Odee

Postby Odee » Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:54 am

YES to all. They look like they should all work well with zero clipping of Brimmed hats, and ball caps. Half, and full helmets will be problematic, other than maybe Bubble/Bowl helmets for most ear styles. 💯x👍💪😉👏
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:09 am

We're making some additional adjustments to the ears, and will likely have them in a video in December.

At least I hope it is December...we're getting close.

Last year we did the Login Test in the middle of December. Our very hard-working and talented dev team asked me a few months ago to NOT schedule anything this year in December. They have families and plans at the holidays.

But actually we are working away on a long list of fixes and requested improvements form the CCT Beta, and we expect to have roughly doubled the number of costume pieces by the end of January. We think that will be a good start on addressing one of the key comments from the Beta.

Return to “What's Cooking”