Update on the CCT Beta

Consultant

Re: Update on the CCT Beta

Postby Consultant » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:26 am

Yes, we do plan to have other stress tests as well. We develop one step at a time. currently our server guy, who is highly expert, thinks we are fine with 250 players in Apotheosis City. but it might be 150, or it might be 500. He tells me there is no substitute for actually testing. I think he is right.

By the way, did I mention that we now have several poses you can use for your characters, in the CCT? Oddly, the one I thought was coolest was widely derided by the ladies on our team. However, we are not forcing you to use a particular pose -- we are giving you options, so you can choose the one you like best.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:15 am

Can we get a list of all the emotes we can perform?
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

alltrueist

Postby alltrueist » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Is the CCT still planned for August? Because we're running low on August :D

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:02 pm

Is the CCT still planned for August? Because we're running low on August :D
No unfortunately it got bumped to early September because of an issue that needs to be fixed by Unreal. we use TrueSKY for our day night cycle and right now it doesn't work as it should. the problem has been diagnosed and it all rests on Unreal. once they fix the problem we are looking at early September.

I expect an update within the week, and hopefully a set date range.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:17 am

Exactly. We need to have Unreal take action to fix their Truesky - Niagara conflict. It is not something we can do ourselves.

Or we need to replace Truesky. Waiting for them to fix the issue means we can work on other parts of the game, but it is annoying that this has come up now.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:56 am

Wow I love truesky it looks wonderful. I’m a night owl, and I would rather have a true night sky Stars, constellations, nebulas, meteors, comets.

I understand the reasoning we don’t have it I just think the night would look so much prettier with it.

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:47 am

A nice looking sky is so important to bring some atmosphere into the game.
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Scimitar

Postby Scimitar » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:34 pm

it is annoying that this has come up now.
This is why you have the testing though, first issue found and already working on a fix. :geek:

Will there be an NDA for the CCT or can I share screenshots?
If I can share, are there any particular @ mentions or # hashtags for Ship of Heroes that they should be shared to?

And one more question, will we be able to see what the powers look like?
In the beginning there was Darkness, so shall it be in the end.
The Light is temporary, Darkness is Eternal.
I am the Herald of Eternity, Usher of the Void, Harbinger of the Abyss, Incarnate of Darkness.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:26 pm

No NDA, we are kind of transparent that way.

I'm sure issues will be surfaced. That will give us grist to get things perfected before the launch.

Von

Postby Von » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:52 pm

Definitely looking forward to it. And, hopefully, my new computer should be in by then...this one's going kaput.
You can run, but you'll just die tired.

Scimitar

Postby Scimitar » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:14 am

Great stuff!
Is there a thread or bug report forum should we encounter bugs? Or do we post the info to the Discord?
I am the Herald of Eternity, Usher of the Void, Harbinger of the Abyss, Incarnate of Darkness.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:30 am

Scimitar, one of our devs raised this yesterday...we need to do a bunch of work to get ready and a bug-reporting page is on the list.

Right now we are racing around trying to polish and fix stuff, and we have a sitaution in which a video from one of our developers landed on my desk, on a another topic, and we're tryig to decide if we should take a day and pull it into a newsletter and publish it because it is cool. Even though it is off-topic.

I think we will publish it. But it's stuff like this that means we're busy (and happy) every day.

Scimitar

Postby Scimitar » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:34 am

Awesome. No rush, when you have the info just point me in the direction. :mrgreen:
I think a page or forum or similar will work better than trying to work through Discord. :?:

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:38 am

While we wait foir TrueSKY to be fixed, we're going to send out a newsletter showing some of the facets of the CCT, with a focus on creating heads and faces.

Faces are tricky. For those of us who loved COH, we know that faces we not really distinctive. But SoH has a very powerful tool for creating unique characters, and that does include faces.

After this, we've more or less decided to create a short video showing off how to use the randomizer buttons in the CCT.

I'm expecting that the CCT Beta will give us a lot of community feedback. I think we're ready for it.

Pyrion

Postby Pyrion » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:04 am

While we wait foir TrueSKY to be fixed, we're going to send out a newsletter showing some of the facets of the CCT, with a focus on creating heads and faces.

Faces are tricky. For those of us who loved COH, we know that faces we not really distinctive. But SoH has a very powerful tool for creating unique characters, and that does include faces.

After this, we've more or less decided to create a short video showing off how to use the randomizer buttons in the CCT.

I'm expecting that the CCT Beta will give us a lot of community feedback. I think we're ready for it.
I am a bit worried that you are putting too much work into faces. In typical gameplay i won't be able to see any details on other peoples faces, just the general features. So i don't think that there needs to be that much face details in the CCT. Costume pieces, sure, those are easily visible and very important. Faces: well there should be variety obviously, but faces are pretty small. And there is a lot going on visually. Don't put too much effort into them. Unless it's more or less free because the engine has it anyways.

Return to “What's Cooking”