Update on the CCT Beta

Itlandm

Re: Update on the CCT Beta

Postby Itlandm » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:55 am

Butt-sliders? This is not League of Maidens you know?
Don`t forget all the roleplayers. They WILL adjust the camera angle to see the faces of thier likeminded. In a RP-session you can watch all the face details of your opposite.
I am not talking about looking at butts for the purpose of looking at butts. There are surely better sources for that.
What I am confidently predicting is that the average players will be seeing the overall shape of butts at least an hour for each minute he or she will see the fine details of eyes, after character creation is finished. Probably more like an hour per second unless you're a hardcore RP'er.

On that note, I was pleased to see separate sliders for bulk and muscle definition. Yes! This is good and pleasing. I use this all the time in The Sims. Again, overall body shape is something that will be visible most of the time and also at first glance. That's the point I am making, perhaps too humorously for an international audience. By the time we get a secondary costume slot (for civilian identities perhaps) some but not all characters should have a chance (risk?) of being recognized by those who have seen them before, even if wearing different clothes, simply from their body shape. Maybe not with certainty, but ... "Hey, doesn't that big bulky blond guy look a lot like All Right?*" and of course the infamous "I'd recognize that ass anywhere".

(*Name changed to protect the copyrighted.)

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:33 am

We published the Power of Morphs video on Friday evening. We had planned to publish in the morning, but something came up, and we found an error in the title of all things. We have to re-render the entire 19 minute video to fix a typo! Oh well, we did get it launched.

I thought it would be worth mentioning that we do pay attention to the feedback and comments we receive.

As I write this, it is Monday morning, not even three days later, and we have made multiple improvements in response to the feedback from the community. Specifically, the following:

1. There was a request for glowing eyes, so we added about seven examples. We can expand this number if people think this is worthwhile.

2. As we said earlier, we do have LOAD and SAVE, for a character, or just for the costume.

3. there was a lot of concern for a RESET feature. We have a RESET feature (change from one character model to another one and back, and you are reset back to defaults). But hey, if people want a reset button that warns you with a pop-up, we can do that too. We did do it, in fact.

4. Community discussion of the RESET feature led to people wanting an UNDO feature. So we have added an UNDO button that reverses the last feature change you've made. We are now working to extend this to multiple feature selections you've made (this is a bigger deal). We expect to get the multiple UNDO feature working just around the time the Beta starts -- it is a bit of a race.

Part of the purpose of the Beta is to surface the things that the community most wants to have. And to that guy who wanted to ride a giant spider -- sorry, don't hold your breath as we do not have anything like that in the pipeline. But for MOST stuff, we do listen. And we get a lot of our ideas from all of you, so keep them coming.

Image[/img]
save_and_load.jpg
save_and_load.jpg (299.15 KiB) Viewed 1368 times
Attachments
glowing_eyes.jpg
glowing_eyes.jpg (352.73 KiB) Viewed 1368 times

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:09 pm

It is just fantastic how you guys react to your community. I love the idea of having glowing eyes and I love how fast you integrated them. Just amazing.
Best dev-team on the planet! <3
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Scimitar

Postby Scimitar » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:46 pm

Ooh glowing eyes, that gives a nice powered up look.
For me I'd like to be able to make pointed ears, choose black sclera in the eyes, and be able to customise each eye individually (mismatched eyes) or have them linked (so if I don't want mismatched eyes i don't need to try replicate to the second eye) :ugeek:
In the beginning there was Darkness, so shall it be in the end.
The Light is temporary, Darkness is Eternal.
I am the Herald of Eternity, Usher of the Void, Harbinger of the Abyss, Incarnate of Darkness.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:42 pm

For those wondering what we're doing at the moment -- well, we're doing several things.

We're getting the servers set up and tested. We had a small hitch that we think is corrected. We hope to test this tomorrow. Once servers are up, we'll plan out how to send the all-important invitation emails.

Another thing we're doing is we are still importing some costumes and getting them set up in the CCT. We just have a couple more to go, for the Beta.

Another couple of guys are working on some improvements to the capes. We do want to have capes in the Beta, and we've kind of concluded that we'll just allow people to add them into their costumes if they want to, even though in the game we plan to have capes as a "earned option" for maybe around level 10.

But hey, it's a Beta, and we should all have some fun right?

mereman

Postby mereman » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:59 pm

I'm really looking forward to the BETA test. I have just purchased a new PC (not just for this I hasten to add) and I will be interested in how it performs as well as getting back to making a Character :D
Still in mourning for CoH

Odee

Postby Odee » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:21 pm

This Beta, might just be the end of my desktop computer :shock: :o The past week, it's been acting flukey and slow.
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:52 pm

Well, here is what you can do...

You don't live that far from me (Pottstown PA, about 4-5 hours). Order parts for a new PC, and when you get them...

ROAD TRIP!

Come on over and I will assemble a PC for you.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:11 pm

Here is a cool beans desktop that would play SoH just fine, and has a ton of upgradability - All you need to make this a monster is to add a hard drive (an SSHD hybrid SSD/ HDD would be an ideal complement to the included NvME SSD) and a nice video card. But the Vega 11 graphics built onto the 3400G CPU are fine to run the game. The power supply is adequate to run a video card as long as it only has a single 6 or 8 pin power plug. There are lots of really good video cards, such as most of the AMD Radeon 5700 cards, that would work.

https://www.newegg.com/p/1VK-004R-001G3
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Odee

Postby Odee » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:20 am

Here is a cool beans desktop that would play SoH just fine, and has a ton of upgradability - All you need to make this a monster is to add a hard drive (an SSHD hybrid SSD/ HDD would be an ideal complement to the included NvME SSD) and a nice video card. But the Vega 11 graphics built onto the 3400G CPU are fine to run the game. The power supply is adequate to run a video card as long as it only has a single 6 or 8 pin power plug. There are lots of really good video cards, such as most of the AMD Radeon 5700 cards, that would work.

https://www.newegg.com/p/1VK-004R-001G3
Nice find there. :) ;) Now to scrape the coins up for it.
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:38 pm

My guess is that everyone is excited by the upcoming Beta. I know I am. :)

You might wonder what we're doing at the moment. We're doing what you guys are going to do in about five days -- testing out the Beta.

We had some problems with the instructions, and then with a couple of things. So we keep testing and looking for bugs. We want it to go smoothly.

One funny story -- to get a new pair of eyes on the CCT Beta material I asked my wife to try it out as if she were a donor. She has never played a game before. Well, that was 7+ hours ago...she got the download immediately, and had it working perfectly after about 30 minutes. But then she started designing her first character...

I managed to pull her away for a good dinner, then she shot right back to the computer. She's still at it, creating her third character...

For what it is worth, she loves it. :)

Von

Postby Von » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:52 pm

One funny story -- to get a new pair of eyes on the CCT Beta material I asked my wife to try it out as if she were a donor. She has never played a game before. Well, that was 7+ hours ago...she got the download immediately, and had it working perfectly after about 30 minutes. But then she started designing her first character...

I managed to pull her away for a good dinner, then she shot right back to the computer. She's still at it, creating her third character...

For what it is worth, she loves it. :)
One of us. One of us...
You can run, but you'll just die tired.

Itlandm

Postby Itlandm » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:23 am

Consultant, we look forward to seeing her creations in the game soon. ^_^

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:40 am

It's sort of embarrassing...her characters look really interesting and good. Bettter than mine, in fact.

I can relate one more thing. she was looking for issues in the CCT. She calls me over and say, look at these shoes. I look, they seem fine to me. She says to me "the character is wearing two right shoes, not one right shoe and one left shoe."

Wow, she sees the details.

And we fixed that.

Scimitar

Postby Scimitar » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:38 am

It's sort of embarrassing...her characters look really interesting and good. Bettter than mine, in fact.

I can relate one more thing. she was looking for issues in the CCT. She calls me over and say, look at these shoes. I look, they seem fine to me. She says to me "the character is wearing two right shoes, not one right shoe and one left shoe."

Wow, she sees the details.

And we fixed that.
Outside perspective always helps, this is what the Beta is for, to get hundreds of extra pairs of eyes all checking and analysing.
When you're doing the designing and creating of the system you see the forest rather than the trees, someone using your system is looking at the tree, and in some cases inspecting the roots and leaves too.
In the beginning there was Darkness, so shall it be in the end.
The Light is temporary, Darkness is Eternal.
I am the Herald of Eternity, Usher of the Void, Harbinger of the Abyss, Incarnate of Darkness.

Return to “What's Cooking”