Update on the CCT Beta

Gerald_Deemer

Re: Update on the CCT Beta

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:07 am

So, what dates do people like for the CCT Beta?

It was mentioned to me that we should have at least two weeks notice before beginning.

Are there some holidays or events comong up in the first week or two of October that will be obstacles?

We're thinking about a week-long Beta, maybe starting on a Thursday or something, so any early probelms might be solved before the weekend actually begins.

This is not an announcement of a starting date for the Beta. It's us, asking if there are particularly bad dates in the immediate future...

Maybe somebody could create a poll in the forums which of the upcoming weekends (and the days around it) are opportune.

Let`s solve this fair and democratically. ;)
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Tomblady

Postby Tomblady » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:30 pm

3rd of October is a national holiday in Germany and many people will take a free day on the 4th to get a long weekend. That would be a perfect time. ;)

We're so hyped.^^

Scimitar

Postby Scimitar » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:59 pm

Maybe somebody could create a poll in the forums which of the upcoming weekends (and the days around it) are opportune.
Let`s solve this fair and democratically. ;)
This ^
Cunning plan milord. Set up the poll on SoH front page with a selection of the weeks/dates and have people vote for their ideal week. :idea:
In the beginning there was Darkness, so shall it be in the end.
The Light is temporary, Darkness is Eternal.
I am the Herald of Eternity, Usher of the Void, Harbinger of the Abyss, Incarnate of Darkness.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:58 pm

Hang in there! The CCT is ready to go, although the team is constantly adding more stuff. Basically we are just waiting for Unreal to fix TruSky. Once that is done it won't take more than a few days to get the beta running.

I will warn you right now; There are many more pieces in the current CCT than were in the Alpha test. But, the total number of pieces is not a match for what CoH has right now. What they have ready looks very good, and works very well in a multi-player environment. The art team is working very hard to get more and more stuff ready, and are doing phenomenal work for a mostly unpaid group. But they do have to make a living, so they can't do 40 hours a week on stuff for SoH.

The big deal; When the supporters beta starts, and they have a steady income, that will be the point where the rate of progress will speed up substantially. At that point, several people on the team CAN start putting in 40-50 paid hours a week towards finishing the project. So look forward to that! I'm looking forward to teaming up with as many of you as possible as we SMASH BAD GUYS together!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:42 pm

Kudos for the art team! The whole community loves you! ;)
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:21 am

Right now we are adding a feature (and it takes a little time) that we have found for ourselves is really powerful.

We are setting a lock in place for each slider.

What this means in practice is that if you are hitting the Randomizer buttons and you see something you like, you can stop and freeze that feature. For example, if you see a pre-set face that you like, freeze that slider and then the next Randomizer choice that comes up will have the same face. Found some hair that you love? Freeze that too.

This means that players who want to use the Randomizer to create their characters have a much easier method of successive approximation to getting to the end result that they like.

But you still have to pay attention to what you are doing. If you see something you like and don't lock the features, it will be gone forever with the next spin of the Randomizer buttons.

Scimitar

Postby Scimitar » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:32 am

Best. Feature. Ever.
I am the Herald of Eternity, Usher of the Void, Harbinger of the Abyss, Incarnate of Darkness.

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:35 am

Best. Feature. Ever.
I second this!

Odee

Postby Odee » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:51 pm

Best. Feature. Ever.
I second this!
I'll make it unanimous and third it! :D :D
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Dying Breath

Postby Dying Breath » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:56 pm

Great work. This is exactly the feature I had in mind, though probably described poorly. I await the beta with poorly concealed impatience.

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:00 pm

Hang in there! The CCT is ready to go, although the team is constantly adding more stuff. Basically we are just waiting for Unreal to fix TruSky. Once that is done it won't take more than a few days to get the beta running.

I will warn you right now; There are many more pieces in the current CCT than were in the Alpha test. But, the total number of pieces is not a match for what CoH has right now. What they have ready looks very good, and works very well in a multi-player environment. The art team is working very hard to get more and more stuff ready, and are doing phenomenal work for a mostly unpaid group. But they do have to make a living, so they can't do 40 hours a week on stuff for SoH.

The big deal; When the supporters beta starts, and they have a steady income, that will be the point where the rate of progress will speed up substantially. At that point, several people on the team CAN start putting in 40-50 paid hours a week towards finishing the project. So look forward to that! I'm looking forward to teaming up with as many of you as possible as we SMASH BAD GUYS together!
The September beta release you guys announced was right on the money! :)

That is what I like to see from projects like these.

Many fans have been waiting for ages for this. With CoT giving dates after dates just to push things back. With VO not improving, and Heroes and Villains still releasing diary entries, SoH was the only team whom never over-promised, but always delivered on what they said.

Bravo, a long time coming. You all deserve the good reception coming your way due to the hard work. The reception will be good btw, I like what I have been seeing with these updates on the news section.

Odee

Postby Odee » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:09 pm

Many fans have been waiting for ages for this. With CoT giving dates after dates just to push things back. With VO not improving, and Heroes and Villains still releasing diary entries, SoH was the only team whom never over-promised, but always delivered on what they said.

Bravo, a long time coming. You all deserve the good reception coming your way due to the hard work. The reception will be good btw, I like what I have been seeing with these updates on the news section.
Did I miss out on an invite again? :?: :o :shock:
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Scimitar

Postby Scimitar » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:19 am

I assume there would be a topic update if there was a date set

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:00 pm

Nah :lol:

It was slated for early September, and it was stated the beta was ready to go. There are no invites, nor do I work for them. I was simply putting 2 and 2 together.

To me, "Ready to go" is pretty transparent. No project to my knowledge has uttered those words regarding a playable test yet.

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:28 pm

Best. Feature. Ever.
I second this!
I'll make it unanimous and third it! :D :D
Indeed
I QUADRUPLE THIS
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Return to “What's Cooking”