Update on the CCT Beta

Major Victory

Re: Update on the CCT Beta

Postby Major Victory » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:15 am

So how about glowing lips? Then I can have Venus, Goddess of Love as my heroine [villainess?] who has mind control powers due to her divine kisses! :twisted: Glowing lips would just be perfect for her!

olepi

Postby olepi » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:50 am

So how about glowing lips? Then I can have Venus, Goddess of Love as my heroine [villainess?] who has mind control powers due to her divine kisses! :twisted: Glowing lips would just be perfect for her!
Let me guess, she blows kisses as little red hearts for her range power. :mrgreen:
2020: 43 years on the Net.

Itlandm

Postby Itlandm » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:25 pm

If you want Venus, then you need the butt sliders. Remember, this beauty was called Venus Callipyge (or in Greek, Aphrodite Kallipygos) meaning "Venus of the beautiful buttocks". With all due respect for Swordblossom and her friends, I don't think they would qualify for that title - although we may need a vote on that. There's no mention of Venus' butt glowing though, so I that's one less glowy to worry about! ^_^

Major Victory

Postby Major Victory » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:20 pm

The only almost but not quite glowing butt I can think of is the old Johnny Test cartoon where he becomes a mutant superhero who has butt blasting powers. :lol:

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:17 pm

Just set aside all plans for the weekend and now … it's time for a new set of heroes that I can play with …

wait how many slots can we save our new created heroes into … and calculating if I can
save 10 ill have time to make in 5 days … adding in the exploration ill have about 12 houres to work on each toon ;)

I think I can handle that ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Itlandm

Postby Itlandm » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:24 pm

Are we not restricted to one character slot for this test? I seem to remember that we can only save one.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:44 pm

You can save as many designs as you want. I would probably only save one or two, as more costumes are being made all the time.

AND HOWDY EULB! Long time no see!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Odee

Postby Odee » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:30 pm

Has Consultant's wife given him access to his computer yet? Last I heard, she had keyboard face, from passing out in the CCT :P
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:52 pm

Hay Odee … you said ...
Has Consultant's wife given him access to his computer yet? Last I heard, she had keyboard face, from passing out in the CCT :P
hee hee Keyboard face … that is so funny

this happens to me ...
I was playing … I fell asleep … and woke up and my toon was dead …

what that hasn't happened to you … hee hee it happens to me a lot...

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:57 pm

Hey GladDog ty

BUT I been watching you … hee hee
You can save as many designs as you want. I would probably only save one or two, as more costumes are being made all the time.
AND HOWDY EULB! Long time no see!
and sooo looking forward the launch … then the exploration of SHIP oooooh YEAH

Odee

Postby Odee » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:22 pm

I'm sure there will be catcalls of Traitor! and worse for the following critique of the CCT, based on what we know already ... 🍿

The Really Good: Costuming with, as far as I could discern, Zero Clipping of hair and skin
The Really Bad: The body parts Sliders. Looking at the distances the sliders can travel, I expected a lot more change across the spectrum of body parts. Especially in the thighs, where a Fat, or Huge body's upper thighs would be rubbing together.
The Really Ugly: Standard Hands and Feet are way too small for a normal human being.

Now the competition, after 6 years, and a larger budget. City of Titans.

The Really Good: CoT nailed it with the body, morphability, and skin types. You want Tree Bark? They got it. You want Stone? Yup, in two patterned flavors. Android? No problem, and more.
The Really Bad: Costuming for CoT is flat out horrible. It either fits like skin, has body parts clipping through, or shows airspace at the joints.
The Really Ugly: Costuming again. But for heads. Full Helmets/masks like Pumpkin head, have no secondary color, and you can see the regular head inside it.

Of course, Team SoH may have flummoxed everyone with those videos, and knock our socks off with the real thing. Now wouldn't the be a balloon popper for the competition? 👍🍿
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:50 am

LOL fortunately, he has several SoH ready computers at his house. Hey, so do I! Once the CCT beta test goes live, expect some reports on how well the game plays on a wide variety of computers.

Main Desktop; i7-6700, 24GB RAM, game is on an SSD, XFX Radeon RX-480 8GB video card @ 1080p
Main Laptop; 17-7700, 16GB RAM, game on an SSD, GeForce GTS1060 6GB video @ 1600x900
Secondary Desktop; 6th gen Celeron dual core, 16GB RAM, game on SSD, XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB video card
Secondary laptop; AMD Athlon2 X2, 8GB RAM, game on HDD, Radeon 4250 video sharing system memory
Tertiary desktop; 15 - 2400 4 core, 16GB RAM, game on SSD, MSI Radeon HD R7-240 2GB video card

Main desktop & laptop should run the game fine at max graphics.
Secondary & Tertiary desktops should run the game fine, although graphics will be turned down
Secondary laptop, uh, good luck. I doubt this will run it, but I will give it a try.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:45 am

A thought for all of you. We occassionally get comments about this or that element of the character bodies. First, we're using an art style (and we always have been) that empahsized long legs and short torsos. This is often called a heroic style. COH used it too, as do some other games. Frankly it just looks better.

Within that art style, people have giving us feedback like "feet too small" or "thighs too far apart," or "upper arms too long" or such. Well, we have licensed (again, the same thing for the last three years, so this is not new) the best, most widely used 3D graphics models for a game like this, the Daz 3D models. We have then improved them for our game in many ways, mostly technical.

But we did not make the feet smaller or anything. In fact, we added a slider to make them bigger if the player wants it.

So we can make changes if the community wants it. Absolutely. In fact, we are hoping to do so. But I ask you to remember that when an individual thinks some body dimension is not right, you are looking at three of the most popular, most widely accepted and most used character body models in all of gaming. It is likely not an oversite of ours, it is something that was designed by professionals and accepted in hundreds of other games.

But we can, and will, still change it if a lot of people want it changed. But if you think you've spotted a flaw, remember, others may not agree...

Itlandm

Postby Itlandm » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:21 pm

Tangential to the topic of "hero type":
I am privileged in many ways, but the gift of design was not bestowed upon me. DIY character design is a risk sport when I am involved: Without assistance, I can not safely move any slider more than 20% to the left or right without an imminent risk of monstrosities appearing. And from years of playing City of Heroes and (less often) Champions Online, I'd say I may not be the only one.

One thing that would be welcome by people like me (or those of us who are aware of our condition) would be multiple presets / models / stereotypes, beyond the three overall models existing today. Like a teenager type, a wizard type, an acrobat type and so on, classic character types that are not Superman, Wonder Woman, or the Hulk. We could then make minor changes to personalize them, rather than trying to create them from scratch. My long experience with The Sims family of games shows me that the more detailed the game becomes, and the more control the player gets over those details, the more horrific the creations that I spew out in the process of trying to recreate the hazy shapes in the wrong half of my brain.

It that it will be possible to redistribute created character models in this game though? So that might save the world from some of the more dubious appearances, if it become possible to personalize other people's saved characters. Maybe someone will set up a small business of visual archetype design. ^_^

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:16 pm

The good news is that you get both!

So let's say you some in and choose to make a female character. The first thing you can do is to scan over the 42 (is it 42? or is it 46?) preset faces to see if any of them float your boat.

You can then randomly vary parts, or do methodical alteration with morphs. Did you get a monstrosity? Go back to the same preset, or to a differrent one, and try again.

But since we are allowing people to save and share both characters (body/face combos) and costumes, you could also ask someone to send you a saved character file that you can use.

We are doing this deliberately so that skilled artistic people can have a little "job" in game of helping others do character design. We think this will help to build the community.

Not everyone is an artist. I am not (engineer, if it was not obvious already). But there are some in the community.

Return to “What's Cooking”