Update on the CCT Beta

Consultant

Re: Update on the CCT Beta

Postby Consultant » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:58 am

On the CCT Beta, what we are arguing about internally is pretty simple: when to stop adding things, shout ENOUGH! and just put it out there for people to play with.

For example, we have a queue of additional costumes to add...but they all take time. I realized this morning that we only have a limited color mask on the capes -- should we stop and upgrade that before we launch the Beta?

And I just saw two more somewhat hilarious things this morning. There is a way to control which items show up when we randomize costume pieces. Somehow the check box for "always wear pants" was not checked on the female model. That has to be fixed as this is a family channel event. And we once again have a morph problem with some of the pants for the male character, and it is (of course) in the crotch. I think we need to address that too.

But really, we are almost there.

Our biggest remaining thing is this -- we want to release a couple of short videos showing different aspects of using the CCT. But when we show how to vary the costumes using the the Randomizer, then the variety of characters is not revealed. And when we show the character range, the costumes seem to get short shrift. Anyway, we are pretty happy with where we are right now. These are good problems to have. :)

We're actually going to publish a newsletter today on a completely different subject, just because we want to show off some prop work that is awesome. Don't think this is us hiding anything on the costumes...it is not. We just like these props a lot. And we want to share a bit of lore to go with them...and then it will be back on with the CCT Beta work!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:21 am

:D
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Scimitar

Postby Scimitar » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:30 am

Sounds like a plan, thanks for the update :D
In the beginning there was Darkness, so shall it be in the end.
The Light is temporary, Darkness is Eternal.
I am the Herald of Eternity, Usher of the Void, Harbinger of the Abyss, Incarnate of Darkness.

Von

Postby Von » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:39 am

Sounds like a plan, thanks for the update :D
Ditto.
You can run, but you'll just die tired.

gemini

Postby gemini » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:48 pm

We're actually going to publish a newsletter today on a completely different subject, just because we want to show off some prop work that is awesome. Don't think this is us hiding anything on the costumes...it is not. We just like these props a lot. And we want to share a bit of lore to go with them...and then it will be back on with the CCT Beta work!
The props on the newsletter make me want to use this secondary on my support character XD

COMBAT medic indeed.

Odee

Postby Odee » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:19 pm

We have 11 hours 40 minutes at this time, left until September expires :'( :shock:
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Von

Postby Von » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:50 pm

And counting...
You can run, but you'll just die tired.

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:53 pm

Is the CCT still planned for August? Because we're running low on August :D
hehe

When we run low on September, I take it the CCT will be playable this month.
Ouch, I was wrong then? :lol:

We are indeed running low on September. If the beta is not ready, that is fine. I doubt costumes or adding things would be enough to hold it back. I feel like it is not ready. Costumes are usually added to games after they are released to the public anyway.

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:19 pm

Let Us Wheeled the Power Cosmic Costume
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:56 pm

We have 11 hours 40 minutes at this time, left until September expires :'( :shock:
Where were you guys? I had to explore the city all by my self. Ace's New costume looks great too. :D
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:37 am

The CCT Beta will happen in October. We will likely announce an exact date today or tomorrow.

As you might expect, the date is all about fiddley little stuff. Yesterday we discovered an error -- the doors to our nice, large hospital suddenly became 3.5 feet tall. Now if we were all hobbits, this could still work, but we're not all hobbits so...

And we want to add a few additional costumes.

But for today, we are going to launch a video showing some of the variety of the costumes and using the main randomizer features. We are actually working on four different videos this week. That is new for us.

So don't lose faith. It will be happening.

By the way, we have just under 400 people on the eligablility list for the CCT Beta. We got about half of those eligables to participate in the Login Test so we are expecting something similar this time. We'll be sending out emails next week, I think, to verify who wants to participate. When we do that we'll be annoucing the emails as well, so some of you may have to check spam filters.

Odee

Postby Odee » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:37 am

Best news I've had all year! 🙂😀😄🤗👌🏻👍🏻
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Scimitar

Postby Scimitar » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:23 am

Awesome! If your emails come from the same address as your newsletters then my filters are already set to allow and categorise 8-)
I am the Herald of Eternity, Usher of the Void, Harbinger of the Abyss, Incarnate of Darkness.

Scimitar

Postby Scimitar » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:19 pm

Nice vid!
As for how many characters, that may be dependent on how long this beta runs. I'll try to create my envisioned character, but if there is more time I'm up for going wild on the randomiser.

Itlandm

Postby Itlandm » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:56 pm

I am baffled to hear there are only 400 candidates for testing. Surely there must be a few thousand people who have paid $50, since the game is still being developed after two years. Are there other requirements I have overlooked?

Return to “What's Cooking”