UI and Related

Dying Breath

Re: UI and Related

Postby Dying Breath » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:55 pm

As others have said, great work so far. I'm particularly happy with the treatment of the map window, because I'm reasonably awful at navigating. However, I do have a few questions:
  • You mention that the Main and Options menu windows are not movable. I'm not certain I'm seeing those, unless you mean the row of buttons under the compass?
  • What are the icons at the bottom right of the screen? Is it inventory?
  • You mention that the infusion window will expand automatically - is there a limit to how many we can carry?
  • Back to the map - will there be icons that we can turn on/off and select as waypoints for things like stores, contacts, zone exits, etc...?

Odee

Postby Odee » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:42 pm

As others have said, great work so far. I'm particularly happy with the treatment of the map window, because I'm reasonably awful at navigating. However, I do have a few questions:
  • You mention that the Main and Options menu windows are not movable. I'm not certain I'm seeing those, unless you mean the row of buttons under the compass?
  • What are the icons at the bottom right of the screen? Is it inventory?
  • You mention that the infusion window will expand automatically - is there a limit to how many we can carry?
  • Back to the map - will there be icons that we can turn on/off and select as waypoints for things like stores, contacts, zone exits, etc...?
Great questions!
I think your #2 are the Infusions.
Those suggestions about Map icons is EPIC! Those would be great modifications to personalize our maps.
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:04 pm

Murphy's Law again -- my laptop crashed and it took me a couple of days to get it going again. but I'm back now.

There is a limit on Infusions and I think the number is 20.

We did not show all of the menus -- we just wanted to give a status update on the progress we're making on this front and answr some of the most common question about moving stuff around on the screen, making things bigger and smaller, etc.

But we think there is a lot of potential for customization, and you're going to like it.

Hadder

Postby Hadder » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi All,

I'm not knowledgeable in game development of UI so I'm unsure of the technical limitations with the changes featured in the latest newsletter.

1. Is there a reason why the power bars are not customize-able in shape? They appear to be just movable. I believe I discussed this and asked the question in the previous UI thread regarding optional configurations for UI. I was not sure if it was lost in translation or just not possible.

2. Can we get a lock icon on the power bars or is there a universal lock somewhere? I'd hate to accidentally move a bar when I'm frantically trying to survive a boss battle and avoid dying :D It would be nice to just unlock one specific bar and move it fast instead of unlocking everything.

Here is what I was referring to...

Hadder

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:01 am

I`m very happy to see that SoH UI looks nice and useful. The screen in CoH was totally overloaded with the UI in front so you could see the important action just in the background.
And you can change the size of most of the UI buttons. This is very important for players with bigger screens. Very nice feature.
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Return to “What's Cooking”