The Next Few Things

Coyote

Re: The Next Few Things

Postby Coyote » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:51 pm

Just as a different note from how strong a Tank's aggro-management SHOULD be, I had some guides for squishies regarding aggro, and the overall gist was this:

Let the tank get aggro and try to maintain it... But if you break his aggro on a mob, it SHOULD NOT be a big deal. The reason is that in order to pull aggro, you should be doing a lot of damage, which means that any mob that turns from a tank to you should be heavily damaged. It's not likely to be a Boss, since most tanks are going to be focusing their hits on the Boss, and so would the Scrappers, so it should be very hard to pull a Boss's aggro. Anything weaker, that you hit hard enough to pull aggro, should be something that you can handle. I mean, if you can't handle a LT who is at half health, how did you do so much damage to it that you pulled its aggro?

The only case where this argument doesn't work well is an AV fight. I don't like to see static AV fights with the Tank holding aggro completely, as having the AV run around threatening the squishies makes a fight a lot more interesting than a static beat-down. So we may want to give AVs tools to break a tank's aggro on occasion. But for the rest of the game, we shouldn't worry too hard about a squishy pulling aggro, as long as he's not pulling a Boss when the Tank is doing his best to hold attention.

Odee

Postby Odee » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:18 pm

As things stand now in development, how would the game resolve the following; Tank grabs agro of medium size mob. Ranged combat starts whittling them down, and a Melee type jumps in with devastating blows on a couple of targets, but not killing them. Does agro transfer to the players doing higher damage than the Tanks ability score to hold agro?
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:30 pm

Coming back to the original point, I would like to let you all know that we plan to publish the long-awaited Christmas video tomorrow. It has a sort of lighthearted flavor, which is good, and some new features that move us one more step toward a good launch.

We're aiming to publish at 10 AM eastern time.

I'm sorry we're late on this video, but the Login Test took everything we had, and then the dev team needed some time for the holidays, with family.

But we did get it done. :)

I hope you all enjoy it as we did.

Itlandm

Postby Itlandm » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:18 pm

If the video is heavily holiday-themed, I can foresee some ribbing for releasing it a week into the new year. But I still want to see it. After all, I definitely hope to celebrate my next Holiday season in Apotheosis City, whether it is alpha, beta, test server or finished product. Thank you again for your tireless work!

AxerJ

Postby AxerJ » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:29 pm

A video is always very appreciated, thank you all!
And thank you (/bow) for naming taunt Challenge and Provoke, c'est parfait!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:46 am

The Holiday video is live. If you have not rreceived an email on it, and are registered on these forums (it's free) then we have an issue.

The email might be in your spam folder.

Feel free to leave comments on YouTube as well as here. :)

And there is a new poll up about this video.

Odee

Postby Odee » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:52 am

The Holiday video is live. If you have not rreceived an email on it, and are registered on these forums (it's free) then we have an issue.

The email might be in your spam folder.
My SoH related emails wouldn't dare look at the Spam folder, sir! ;)
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:58 am

By the way, the poll today is our 200th poll.

:D

Return to “What's Cooking”